Relic Survey: Does this Q make sense to anybody?

Prev1
zgz2h9nhb7yy.png

"How do you feel about the level of customization that relics provide your characters?"

Do relics provide any level of customization? Isn't every Ugnaught R7 the same as the rest?

Replies

• I out I dislike it due to the gear needed for salvage at high levels
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    zgz2h9nhb7yy.png

"How do you feel about the level of customization that relics provide your characters?"

Do relics provide any level of customization? Isn't every Ugnaught R7 the same as the rest?

They are referring to the uniqueness that is provided by the character type (attacker, tank support)specific additions.
  • I don’t think something is really customizable if it applies to every single like type. Mods are customizable but relics are just basically another version of gear.
  • I said I dislike it. You’re basically right that there’s no real customization involved. It’s only slightly more specific to a character than the previous gear system. However, there are plenty of characters, like C3PO, that gets bonus damage through relics but can’t use it.
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    zgz2h9nhb7yy.png

They are referring to the uniqueness that is provided by the character type (attacker, tank support)specific additions.

There's no uniqueness, there's targeted stat growth which is the same for everyone. Only mods can uniquely customize a character
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I assumed they were talking about choosing which characters you want to relic. But that question made more sense to me than the one about how you would feel if relics weren't in the game. The answer choices were indecipherable.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    zgz2h9nhb7yy.png

That is not customization. We have 0 control over those stats.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    JZ95 wrote: »
    zgz2h9nhb7yy.png

There's no uniqueness, there's targeted stat growth which is the same for everyone. Only mods can uniquely customize a character

It is unique, just not at the level mods are. It is still unique to the class setup, they stated when launching this. They called it the archetypes:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/212659/relic-amplifiers-update-character-archetypes#latest

Generally speaking relics feels very unfinished and I think this question only highlights what the system was supposed to be, and not what it is.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    zgz2h9nhb7yy.png

Another good question is how does "I expect it from games like this" even fit on a scale? It's second from the top like it's a good thing, but really you could put it in any slot because it has nothing to do with like/dislike.

They threw this survey together faster than they gave us relics after g13.
  • Dar_Penthar
    598 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I appreciate them sending out the survey it gives the perception they are interested in the player base. At the very least I believe it will give them some eye opening stats on the overall feeling of this whole Relic release beyond just player engagement. I mean I'm engaged with the IRS because I don't want to goto prison, but it doesn't mean I like it.

To answer the OP question I found that particular question puzzling as well. I mean the only customization is Mods and that is really limited to speed or health ATM
    zgz2h9nhb7yy.png

Good surveys normally don't require a forum moderator to decipher the meanings of the question. ;)

But to the OP's point, when I filled out the survey, I specifically called out this question as a poor one in the comments section.

Relics do not provide a level of customization. They are merely another form of linear progression. Every r7 toon X is the exact same as another unmodded r7 toon X.

Had they actually wanted to provide customization with relics (something which would have actually been GREAT), they could have let you choose one of the 3 possible archetypes they defined for each role.

• This whole survey is laughable.

There is not one thing that is "custom" about relics. That would imply that it can be different for you than it can be for me, based on how we choose to "customize" the toon, which can only be found in mods. Definitely not in relics.

Relics are just another gear level. Nothing more. Nothing less. They can paint it however they want, but in reality it is just more gear.

Just like kyros are not doing anything at all to ease the gear crunch, but rather they are adding to it tremendously.

How about a survey about how we feel about 5* unlocks for the most RNG heavy and investment heavy events we have ever seen in game? How about a survey about how everyone seems to think that we were told we could spend GET1 on gear after Malak, so most people don't have any?
  • Relic is not finish yet. U guys forgot it has relic mods just like lightsaber with different color crystals. Ship add-ons incoming too, another so called customization for them.
  • Since relics are so limited on who they can be placed on (g13) there is not much choice for the general player base. They claim that they want to moe away from arena focused team yet each team is arena meta defining they could have relics provide benefits to certain aspects of the game such as tb or raid. This would give a greater impact to teams within specific modes of the game
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    it was an awfully written survey. I guess the guy who writes ability descriptions did it
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Mutou_LuYa wrote: »
    Relic is not finish yet. U guys forgot it has relic mods just like lightsaber with different color crystals.

Makes sense, since 90% of relics ARE light sabers.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    zgz2h9nhb7yy.png

It is unique, just not at the level mods are. It is still unique to the class setup, they stated when launching this. They called it the archetypes:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/212659/relic-amplifiers-update-character-archetypes#latest

Generally speaking relics feels very unfinished and I think this question only highlights what the system was supposed to be, and not what it is.

You are wrong in this one Kyno, if it’s the same for everyone, it’s not customization. Mods are the only customizable aspect of this game. Saying relics are custom is like saying star level is custom.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    zgz2h9nhb7yy.png

You are wrong in this one Kyno, if it’s the same for everyone, it’s not customization. Mods are the only customizable aspect of this game. Saying relics are custom is like saying star level is custom.

Are mods even really customization? I mean yeah they give you the ability to change things, but in reality are there really a lot of choices? Or is there typically one best way to mod any particular toon in any particular sqaud?

We do see diversity in squads because of mods, but it's not by choice, it's because of what a player has.

Mods aren't really customizations, they are a manifestation of long term RNG.

Edit: I can't put this all on RNG. It can also have a lot to do with how much a player invests in mods. But still, it's about whether or not to invest, not customization.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    zgz2h9nhb7yy.png

They are the same for each archetype, not each character.

This was pointed out because certain characters fall into archetypes that do nothing much for their design and kit.

As always I was just trying to point out the reference because that is the same reference they made, not trying to say its 100% correct but it is the language they are using.
  • Until we start getting something that alters the play style of a character an I would not consider relics to be customizable yes the archetype is different but you can’t choose.

The progression pass a character is still linear in nature there is no customizing other than your mods
  • If they had allowed some sort of talent tree within the relic then you consider to be customization
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Xerrath wrote: »
    Until we start getting something that alters the play style of a character an I would not consider relics to be customizable yes the archetype is different but you can’t choose.

The progression pass a character is still linear in nature there is no customizing other than your mods

I was not saying that anyone should or should not consider that, just pointing that what it means in terms of the verbiage they use.
  • Ah ok fair enough @Kyno
  • Gear was actually "more" customizable.

This is using EA/CG's version of "customizable" where they mean not customizable by the player, but customized by EA/CG.

In the gear system, they could always pick any piece of gear that they wanted to boost offense or health or whatever. It wasn't like all attackers required exactly the same gear at the same gear tier. And it's not even like there were only 3 different versions of attacker gear at each gear tier - which is what we have with relics.

So, yeah. Relics = less customization than gear. Whether you're happy about that is I guess what EA/CG is asking, but it does seem a weird way of asking it.

I would hope that most people understand this and are just being argumentative. That might be too big of an assumption though...

I think where it gets grey and confusing for people is that all gear tiers offer a certain amount of uniqueness. The gear needed to go from Gear V to Gear VI on Ahsoka are going to be different from the same gear level on Barriss, and the nature and size of their stats growth will be unique from each other as well. The differences get larger with every increase in gear level. It has always been that way. Further differentiation of those stats in the new gea... *cough* relic system follows the exact same trajectory that players have been experiencing for years.

It feels like CG keeps trying to position this "uniqueness" as a new thing but it isn't, which makes it confusing. Or maybe there's something new about it that's getting lost in all the messaging. Or maybe there's something about relics that I'm completely missing.

Regardless, I think this piece of the equation could be communicated much better if there's something new beyond tanks getting more tank-y, etc.
  • It would have been better if we could choose the mastery.( Crit avoidance, crit chance, armor, etc)

Who knows maybe someone out there wants a tanky dooku.

Allowing to mix and match mastery would make each character unique, as well as open up potential theory crafting ideas.
  • I know a few guildies who got this survey. I'm more than a little disappointed I never received the opportunity to express my thoughts.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.