Relic Survey: Does this Q make sense to anybody?

2Next

Replies

• Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    JZ95 wrote: »
    zgz2h9nhb7yy.png

"How do you feel about the level of customization that relics provide your characters?"

Do relics provide any level of customization? Isn't every Ugnaught R7 the same as the rest?

They are referring to the uniqueness that is provided by the character type (attacker, tank support)specific additions.

There's no uniqueness, there's targeted stat growth which is the same for everyone. Only mods can uniquely customize a character

It is unique, just not at the level mods are. It is still unique to the class setup, they stated when launching this. They called it the archetypes:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/212659/relic-amplifiers-update-character-archetypes#latest

Generally speaking relics feels very unfinished and I think this question only highlights what the system was supposed to be, and not what it is.

You are wrong in this one Kyno, if it’s the same for everyone, it’s not customization. Mods are the only customizable aspect of this game. Saying relics are custom is like saying star level is custom.

They are the same for each archetype, not each character.

This was pointed out because certain characters fall into archetypes that do nothing much for their design and kit.

As always I was just trying to point out the reference because that is the same reference they made, not trying to say its 100% correct but it is the language they are using.

“Customization” suggests that my R7 Malak could have different stats from someone else’s.
    They don’t - the only thing that allows you to differ those stats is mods.

I’m really unsure of how relics were supposed to work. Initially it seemed that high relic levels made a lot more toons competitive with the meta, which would be a good thing. However that would only have worked if the relic materials were MUCH more difficult to acquire. As they are now, everyone is simply adding relics to the same group or toons, just like adding another gear level. So over a (relatively) short time frame, everyone ends up with the same toons equally powerful again.

This feels like a missed opportunity to me. Imagine if it took a month or two (for example) to get a toon to relic7. Then everyone would have to choose: Anakin or Grievous or Malak, etc.
    Instead, within that same timeframe everyone has all 3 at relic 7, so there is no difference in their rosters and their choices (of Relic order) become less crucial.

^^In the context of this post, “everyone” refers to “the majority of competitive end game players”.
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    zgz2h9nhb7yy.png

"How do you feel about the level of customization that relics provide your characters?"

Do relics provide any level of customization? Isn't every Ugnaught R7 the same as the rest?

They are referring to the uniqueness that is provided by the character type (attacker, tank support)specific additions.

There's no uniqueness, there's targeted stat growth which is the same for everyone. Only mods can uniquely customize a character

It is unique, just not at the level mods are. It is still unique to the class setup, they stated when launching this. They called it the archetypes:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/212659/relic-amplifiers-update-character-archetypes#latest

Generally speaking relics feels very unfinished and I think this question only highlights what the system was supposed to be, and not what it is.

You are wrong in this one Kyno, if it’s the same for everyone, it’s not customization. Mods are the only customizable aspect of this game. Saying relics are custom is like saying star level is custom.

They are the same for each archetype, not each character.

This was pointed out because certain characters fall into archetypes that do nothing much for their design and kit.

As always I was just trying to point out the reference because that is the same reference they made, not trying to say its 100% correct but it is the language they are using.

I’m really unsure of how relics were supposed to work. Initially it seemed that high relic levels made a lot more toons competitive with the meta, which would be a good thing. However that would only have worked if the relic materials were MUCH more difficult to acquire. As they are now, everyone is simply adding relics to the same group or toons, just like adding another gear level. So over a (relatively) short time frame, everyone ends up with the same toons equally powerful again.

Relics do 2 things:

1. They balance health, protection, damage, and other stats against speed which is something that is long overdue.
    2. They make it more difficult for f2p players with good speed mods to compete with paying players because CG knows that most people could burn through a stash of gear of gear on a relatively small number of characters. It’s not sustainable without something else to add gear inflow (crystals, $$$, etc.).

That being said, they don’t really allow any customization.
  • zgz2h9nhb7yy.png

The question is purposefully paired with answers designed to divide the player base.
    Even if 0 people liked relics (i know that is not the case) the phrasing of possible answers would still yield split results.
    This way they can say that their are 'mixed feelings' about relics but engagement still remains high so full steam ahead.
  • Where is this survey?
  • I would like relics to be customizable. I got grevious reliced and leveled up but I'm waiting to give his lightsaber back to old ben. When is this customizable feature coming?
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    This feels like a missed opportunity to me. Imagine if it took a month or two (for example) to get a toon to relic7. Then everyone would have to choose: Anakin or Grievous or Malak, etc.
    Instead, within that same timeframe everyone has all 3 at relic 7, so there is no difference in their rosters and their choices (of Relic order) become less crucial.

^^In the context of this post, “everyone” refers to “the majority of competitive end game players”.

Keep in mind that a month or so from now, when everyone has used up all of their low end gear taking their arena squads to R7 or whatever, it is going to take a lot of resources to put relics on toons and take a lot of time or crystals or $$ to make it happen.

They are playing the long game. By the time we get our 5* GAS to 7*, G13 we will be out of relic materials...
  • Kyno wrote: »
    zgz2h9nhb7yy.png

But this is less unique than gear is. Every single character has a different gear structure. Every single character has their own unique G12 finisher piece to be more specific. This uses the same exact pieces to provide only a handful of different upgrades. I don’t understand how that is custom.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    zgz2h9nhb7yy.png

But this is less unique than gear is. Every single character has a different gear structure. Every single character has their own unique G12 finisher piece to be more specific. This uses the same exact pieces to provide only a handful of different upgrades. I don’t understand how that is custom.

Not necessarily, a stun gun is a stun gun and gives the same stat when applied (as a stun gun) to every toon regardless of anything specific to the toon.

Relics are are "unique" to a toon based on the archetype.

But as I said, I was responding to the question at hand and explaining it using the same verbiage they used to keep the context.
    Xerrath wrote: »
    Until we start getting something that alters the play style of a character an I would not consider relics to be customizable yes the archetype is different but you can’t choose.

The progression pass a character is still linear in nature there is no customizing other than your mods

I was not saying that anyone should or should not consider that, just pointing that what it means in terms of the verbiage they use.

• A G12 finisher piece uses the same pieces but provides a unique boost to every single character. The level of character customization is a huge step down from the previous use of gear. And still isn’t even custom by how most people would define it.
  • _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I like relics. I don't like it when they ask for pieces that you need hundreds of thousands off and are critical for virtually everything of note. Like Stun Guns and Carbanti. I think that's the single most annoying, furiously irritating and frustrating thing in an already unbearable grind. It makes me want to take a flame thrower to CG.

Aside from that i like the power gains, they give a brand new diversity and flavour and possibility of things to explore and that's a good thing.
  • The whole survey was laughable. It was poorly written, the answers didn't fit the questions on a bunch of them and they didn't allow enough free form answers to questions. Just like how CG said in the Q&A that there was high involvement with Relics.... You have to Relic toons if you want to compete. It's not like you can ignore Relics and still get 1st in Arena/fleet shards without help from shardmates
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    The whole survey was laughable. It was poorly written, the answers didn't fit the questions on a bunch of them and they didn't allow enough free form answers to questions. Just like how CG said in the Q&A that there was high involvement with Relics.... You have to Relic toons if you want to compete. It's not like you can ignore Relics and still get 1st in Arena/fleet shards without help from shardmates

The same can be said about geo TB and GAC.
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Interesting that the question is about 'the level of customization that relics provide your characters'

There is no 'customisation' at all. It's not like you get to choose to increase one stat or another ... everything is chosen for you, making it no different than another star level, for example. Getting another star for a toon doesn't change the level of customisation, so neither do relics.

And the forced choice responses don't include an option to say 'they don't 'customise' anything'