They should consider allowing non 7* characters to go up to g13 but no relics.

icanectc
821 posts Member
edited October 2019
If cg were to allow non 7* characters past g11 and up to g13 with no relics allowed it could open GenSky to more viability to those that unlocked him and can't use him for squat, if you didn't hoard get 1
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• 7* doesn't seem too difficult for most characters.

That said, I was stuck with a 6* Yoda for months not being able to give him his final G11 pieces so I do feel the pain.

What really killed me was making "Relics" into Gear 14-20.

WTH!

Had such a great concept with the Jawa to manage gear & talk of making character unique & then completely **** the pot in execution with making them G13 required.

I'm already at the point of no longer giving them money.

Now I'm starting to get to the point of thinking that quitting the game & finding a better use of several hours a day sounds like a good plan.

• FilthyJawa
    96 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    This was my take too when they first started talking about the system. Doing so allows the community as a whole to stay more engaged and in-sync with higher tier players. Of course, higher tier toons will still have an advantage by default of further gear development, but it doesn't create the same type of development void that the current system has.

Let's look at it this way... a relic G13 toon has a fairly good level of predictability. I know exactly what I'm fighting. But if you let me customize relics to lower gear toons, suddenly I've got a wide berth for creating truly unique content and possibly finding a lot of great use and utility in places I didn't have it before.

The deal killer for the growing number of my guild has been the "another thing I have to do after I get to the end," and believe me, it's had a horrible impact on my guild. While relics are still a burden to create, what allowing relics pre-G13 would give the players the choice to decide where they want to put the effort.
  • At the very least allow G12+5 but keep finishes locked behind 7*. That would at least make them semi-competitive
  • Why "no relics"? Devs obviously promised "relics gonna be something new" but obviously lied as relics nothing more than g14. System there stars, gear levels and relics would be not tied to each other could be much-much better.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Relics will be new once they add abilities to them, and I'll bet you'll wish at that point they hadn't.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Relics will be new once they add abilities to them, and I'll bet you'll wish at that point they hadn't.

True you say
  • icanectc wrote: »
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Why "no relics"? Devs obviously promised "relics gonna be something new" but obviously lied as relics nothing more than g14. System there stars, gear levels and relics would be not tied to each other could be much-much better.

It's a bridge really, it makes sense to not completely over power a character to end game gear on less stars. So I'd be okay with either allow relics at sub 7* or increase gear count but not both. I think that's asking for for to much.

I see no sense actually as stars give their own stats grow multiplyers, gear levels - their own, relics - their own, choose what you like more and go for it with limited resources
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Already do :)
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    The abilities, not the relics.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Well you unlock the current abilities at a gear level so adding abilites to relics is just the same thing over, and you have to drop a G12 finisher to even unlock the new ability which makes the problem even worse.
  • i agree this could be awesome to allow people to have plus it give a reason for that old gear 13 portrait border ring thing again
  • nope, in fact they should not allow zetas to be placed until 7* either
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Relics should open at G8 and should have never been tied to G13. Putting relics at G13 basically extended gear levels rather than making it a new game mode.

Also leveling relics should not have been done out of the Cantina. A new game mode should have been built to farm relic shards. By putting them into the Cantina they force mid-level players (those a year or so and under) to sacrifice expanding teams such as Nightsisters, Geos, Ewoks, etc for relic shards that are required to stay relevant in Arena.

Relics could have been accessible to all level 85 accounts and tied to an exciting new game mode. Instead they are an obvious cash grab and a technical way of saying their won't be a G14.
  • I'd even settle for them opening up Gear 12. They've now created a grand-canyon-esque gap (that will widen as people relic up their rosters) to where an incomplete character can not be competitive in the most important aspects of the game (Squad Arena, Grand Arena, TW, Raids, TB). Previously people had a reason to spend for an unlock of a legendary character because at 5 stars it could still be competitive in all of the aforementioned (except for raids).
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    I personally think stars shouldn't matter for gear. But at a minimum I think they should allow g12+5. The 7* requirement was fine back when gear 12 was the max but it's an outdated requirement now.
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    And they've already got star requirements to stop you on events and Geo TB. There's no reason to lock gear 12 or 13 behind stars.