Future Meta, Changes, Positive, Negative (merged)

Replies

• Chewieforlife
    356 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Also people complaing about rey being "nerfed" and becoming "useless" are misguided for two reasons. First of all from the notes it seems like fortitude is going to vary between characters so maybe rey will have a good amount and stand a better chance of serving past one turn which will let her put out more consistent dps. No one knows how fortitude is going to work yet. Secondly, just because a character is a long difficult farm doesnt mean that character is entitled to be op or top tier. Snow trooper is harder farm then rey but does that mean snow trooper should be the next top level toon because he's hard to get? If so then chromium exclusive toons should be the best right? Cad bane and tarkin aren't even farmable but from posts on here are useless even starred up
  • Hate to be that guy, but it's not too big of a deal! It's a game, farm whoever you want! At some point, they will be viable, and the game might eventually circle back to a speed meta, but just enjoy the game!
  • I agree with the OP's sentiments exactly. This is a complex and awesome game. Sure maybe we beta tested for them a bit, but just a bit. Changes made totally support the growth of the game. I forsee a long run for the game. I hope they build in legacy elements such as retired characters. I personally enjoy the collection aspect of the game as much as the combat aspect. Obviously with characters like ST Han, they plan to introduce leather jacket Han or General Han etc. It would be nice to log in in two or three years and have new players oogle over your retired Bariss Offee.

Never have so many complained about so little.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Seriously, enough already.
    Even with detailed information it would be difficult to really assess how the meta will shake out, and we were given only the barest of sketches. Rough concepts, and that's it.
    Think about how even one change to one character (Poe a month) ago can impact the meta. Or changes to mechanisms like speed leaders.
    "The devil is in the details." And we have no details.
    So nobody knows yet who will be nerfed who will be buffed, who will be good leaders, what damage types will be most common, or how effective any team composition will be. Stop complaining about things that haven't happened yet, or acting smug about how smart you were for farming some guy that you have no idea will be good or not, or telling everyone you have some magical insight into good future teams based on tea leaves or your horoscope.
    Say no to disinformation.
    Post edited by Qeltar on
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • ****! My CUP will be meta sometime? I knew I was on to something good. Time to start Ugnaught...
  • Rod___INL wrote: »
    ****! My CUP will be meta sometime? I knew I was on to something good. Time to start Ugnaught...

Just look at Royal Guard. Anything is possible.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Even with detailed information it would be difficult to really assess how the meta will shake out, and we were given only the barest of sketches. Rough concepts, and that's it.
    Think about how even one change to one character (Poe a month) ago can impact the meta. Or changes to mechanisms like speed leaders.
    So nobody knows yet who will be nerfed who will be buffed, who will be good leaders, what damage types will be most common, or how effective any team composition will be. Stop complaining about things that haven't happened yet, or acting smug about how smart you were for farming some guy that you have no idea will be good or not, or telling everyone you have some magical insight into good future teams based on tea leaves or your horoscope.

Glad to hear someone say what I was thinking
  • It's a coping mechanism that all. This is now ppl deal with sudden change phys 101
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Also guessing is kinda fun.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I've been getting called a troll for pointing this out or making light of threads that theory craft based on nothing.

When have I ever trolled?
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    To the OP - so to address needless complaining you post a wall of text in the form of a complaint? While I actually agree with some of your sentiment, why is you posting your frustrations more legit than frustrations of others?
    The level of frustration with the game, meta changes, gearing, forum posts, etc., is unique and personal to each player, whether they are f2p or p2p. I for one hope such posts continue, as I hope positive and constructive posts happen as well. And yes, I guess it includes your post as well :)

Replying and countering negative threads is more useful than generalized post like this.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • This could have all been avoided if they would have tested the game mechanisms appropriately. They deserve all the complaints tenfold...I'll say it again, they operate like Microsoft let the users figure out the problems.

QFT

They were forced to release the game within a specific time frame to capitalize on all the TFA hype. So it is economic gain being placed ahead of a quality product, pure and simple. People get all caught up in their love for the Star Wars universe and try to ignore that fact.

I get frustrated when I jump on the bus for characters boom the game changes drastically.

Exactly why I won't give them a penny until I know what to expect. Would anyone buy a sports car if they knew that it might become a 4-door Camry at any time, and they would not be compensated? I'm not going to spend $$$ on a roster that could be rendered obsolete at the developer's whim.

If I'm going to waste my money, I want to be the one wasting it. I'm not going to hand it over to someone else and let them do what they please with it.
  • +1 for OP and Hangfire.

I get that forums are full of people with opinions strong enough to write them down, why not just wait and see before freaking out though?
  • Welcome to the GoH forums. Home of the complainers, whiners and cry babies.
  • Please Qeltar, I was just saying how good my CUP was going to be in another thread and now you have to ruin it for me.

Lols aside. You are correct. The hype over the update comments are crazy. I'm very happy to see the developers telling us what they are doing. Unfortunately, people are blowing it way out of proportion.

They gave us a heads up on where things are headed. That is what people asked for. But when they gave it to us people took it way too far.

They have not provided any specifics and no one knows what the new meta will be, or if it will even be different. I think the next update will be a good one. However, we will all just need to wait and see what actually happens.

• This could have all been avoided if they would have tested the game mechanisms appropriately. They deserve all the complaints tenfold...I'll say it again, they operate like Microsoft let the users figure out the problems.

QFT

They were forced to release the game within a specific time frame to capitalize on all the TFA hype. So it is economic gain being placed ahead of a quality product, pure and simple. People get all caught up in their love for the Star Wars universe and try to ignore that fact.

I get frustrated when I jump on the bus for characters boom the game changes drastically.

Exactly why I won't give them a penny until I know what to expect. Would anyone buy a sports car if they knew that it might become a 4-door Camry at any time, and they would not be compensated? I'm not going to spend $$$ on a roster that could be rendered obsolete at the developer's whim.

If I'm going to waste my money, I want to be the one wasting it. I'm not going to hand it over to someone else and let them do what they please with it.

The car analogy is so over the top. A more apt analogy would buying clothes or shoes that are in style at the time but end up falling out of style. Or buying a phone then a better model came out. Just because someone spends a ton of money on the "best" phone doesn't meant that phone is always going to be the "best".
  • Rod___INL wrote: »
    Please Qeltar, I was just saying how good my CUP was going to be in another thread and now you have to ruin it for me.

Lols aside. You are correct. The hype over the update comments are crazy. I'm very happy to see the developers telling us what they are doing. Unfortunately, people are blowing it way out of proportion.

They gave us a heads up on where things are headed. That is what people asked for. But when they gave it to us people took it way too far.

They have not provided any specifics and no one knows what the new meta will be, or if it will even be different. I think the next update will be a good one. However, we will all just need to wait and see what actually happens.

The best part of it is how everyone wanted them to communicate and give us hints at what's coming up with the game...they do tell us what's going to happen and people are still upset because it's not what they wanted to hear haha
  • I came here to make false predictions and chew bubblegum.

And I'm all outta gum...
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Vaders_Underwear
    233 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    This could have all been avoided if they would have tested the game mechanisms appropriately. They deserve all the complaints tenfold...I'll say it again, they operate like Microsoft let the users figure out the problems.

QFT

The car analogy is so over the top. A more apt analogy would buying clothes or shoes that are in style at the time but end up falling out of style. Or buying a phone then a better model came out. Just because someone spends a ton of money on the "best" phone doesn't meant that phone is always going to be the "best".

You're just wrong. It would be more like you buy a cool shirt, and then Wal-Mart comes to your house tomorrow and changes it, making it less cool.

They are changing the game, changing the way the characters can be used, changing the way you need to approach the game. The market decides what is "cool" to own. The developers decide how their game works, get it?

Let's take your cell phone example, for example. Yeah, you bought a shiny, new iPhone 5. Then they come out with the 6. Yeah, the 6 is better. But they didn't take your 5 and make it run slower just to get you to buy the 6. Get it? You still bought the 5, you still own it, and it can still do everything it could do when you first gave them your money for it.

People love Star Wars, and people also don't want to admit that EA is taking their money and doing whatever they feel like doing with it. If I buy something today, I expect it to work the same way tomorrow.

• LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Qeltar wrote: »

What are you possibly talking about? I was able to get an advance copy of the new server code and datamined it thanks to my friend at EA providing me the decryption key. At level 80 in the new damage aoe advantage tanky defense meta the new crazy OP is corruscant underworld policeman. Guy gets a new buff for retribution has like crazy amounts of fortitude gains foresight every time he is even targeted. Two new specials as well... Keep tuned... I was so smart to farm him while you uneducated did qgj, gs... Thanks CG!!!
  • Chewieforlife
    356 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    This could have all been avoided if they would have tested the game mechanisms appropriately. They deserve all the complaints tenfold...I'll say it again, they operate like Microsoft let the users figure out the problems.

QFT

You're just wrong. It would be more like you buy a cool shirt, and then Wal-Mart comes to your house tomorrow and gives you a less cool shirt.

They are changing the game, changing the way the characters can be used, changing the way you need to approach the game. The market decides what is "cool" to own. The developers decide how their game works, get it?

Let's take your cell phone example, for example. Yeah, you bought a shiny, new iPhone 5. Then they come out with the 6. Yeah, the 6 is better. But they didn't take your 5 and make it run slower just to get you to buy the 6. Get it? You still bought the 5, you still own it, and it can still do everything it could do when you first gave them your money for it.

People love Star Wars, and people also don't want to admit that EA is taking their money and doing whatever they feel like doing with it. If I buy something today, I expect it to work the same way tomorrow.

I'm 100% f2p and haven't spent a dime on this game so you're last statement doesn't apply to me. With the iPhone analogy I still think it holds up. Yes you buy an iPhone 5 then iPhone 6 comes out and you're phone still works well. However it won't work AS well as the newer model, which I think is the same comparison to current meta characters. They're not removing the meta characters from the game and they'll still be useful, they just might not be top of the line anymore. rey could still be a decent toon but will perform worse than a newly buffed toon. Like your iPhone example yeah your iPhone won't be less effective on its own than it was before but in comparison to the 6 it would be slower.
  • LordAlvert wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

What are you possibly talking about? I was able to get an advance copy of the new server code and datamined it thanks to my friend at EA providing me the decryption key. At level 80 in the new damage aoe advantage tanky defense meta the new crazy OP is corruscant underworld policeman. Guy gets a new buff for retribution has like crazy amounts of fortitude gains foresight every time he is even targeted. Two new specials as well... Keep tuned... I was so smart to farm him while you uneducated did qgj, gs... Thanks CG!!!

Thanks man, that's all I needed to hear to start farming CUP

QFT

You're just wrong. It would be more like you buy a cool shirt, and then Wal-Mart comes to your house tomorrow and gives you a less cool shirt.

I'm 100% f2p and haven't spent a dime on this game so you're last statement doesn't apply to me. With the iPhone analogy I still think it holds up. Yes you buy an iPhone 5 then iPhone 6 comes out and you're phone still works well. However it won't work AS well as the newer model, which I think is the same comparison to current meta characters. They're not removing the meta characters from the game and they'll still be useful, they just might not be top of the line anymore. rey could still be a decent toon but will perform worse than a newly buffed toon. Like your iPhone example yeah your iPhone won't be less effective on its own than it was before but in comparison to the 6 it would be slower.

Again, you're missing the point: It isn't about the 6 being better, it's about the 5 that still does everything it could do when you bought it. Yes, fine, release Jedi Luke and charge for him, that's great. I'm all for that. But don't nerf a bunch of the characters to make him great. Or don't ask me to spend money on him and then 6 months later change him so he is useless.
  • I agree with Qeltar. While I am okay with speculation on heroes at 80 and team combos based off lvl 80 stats (things we have known about since 60), I am getting tired of the:

'NEW META: BOBA......blah blah blah

Or worse, when they hijack a thread and talk about the Boba team and how everything else sucks. Whatever.

I'm happy with the announcement they made and enjoy discussing the game. I can't stand absolutes. Only a Sith deals in absolutes....
  • Qeltar wrote: »

+1
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    +100000
    the forum just got worse with the update everything has been about speculating this or that.

QFT

Again, you're missing the point: It isn't about the 6 being better, it's about the 5 that still does everything it could do when you bought it. Yes, fine, release Jedi Luke and charge for him, that's great. I'm all for that. But don't nerf a bunch of the characters to make him great. Or don't ask me to spend money on him and then 6 months later change him so he is useless.

But you don't even know how fortitude and "nerfs" will affect the meta. Toons like rey, qgj, and GS aren't going to be "useless".

I understand your point, you feel because people put money and time into the game that characters shouldn't ever be nerfed. So Rey, GS, QGJ are supposed to be top tier the entire life of the game because people farmed /payed for them already?

This is coming from someone whose spent over a month and half farming qgj so it's hardly a bias issue with me. I haven't given EA any money, I run a qgj lead team in arena and gw, I just am aware and understanding of the fact that most games have meta shifts and characters fall off and others rise. The game would be boring if the same toons stayed top and others stayed unused.
  • I will enjoy the new update. More diversity and i will no longer see the same 6-10 characters again and again. And it gives me new characters to work on and im about to get bored with the game if nothing happens soon.
  • The_Oklahoma_Kid
    930 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Telaan wrote: »
    I've been getting called a troll for pointing this out or making light of threads that theory craft based on nothing.

When have I ever trolled?

Well I've heard that you do hang out under bridges.

But as usual your spot on.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    or people can post their opinions and get ideas for what to run next. yes, some posts come across as arrogant and self-serving, but beneath it all, it's just sharing information. i don't believe anyone is trying to misinform any other players.
    people asked for updates, the devs give updates, the people speculate on new strategies and then you get posts like these from the op...all of which mean well, but apparently rub certain players the wrong way.
    i just scroll past the threads i deem unimportant or just fluff.
    mighty chlorians