Future Meta, Changes, Positive, Negative (merged)

1235Next

Replies

• I don't see these changes as a big deal, but I'm not one to chase the meta. I play what I think is best based on my value judgement at the time I made a choice. I run QGJ (L), Yoda, Aayla, Lumi, Poe. I've finished top 10 many times in a November server, and 2nd twice last week. I'm not too concerned about arena ranks, as the ai is so bad, swipes are key to success. We'll see how these changes work out, and likely I'll have to tweak my form, but I see that as fun trying to figure out new combinations. I am not a f2p player, and that's not going to change. I sink about 100 bucks a month. I look foward to these changes.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    MVickSup wrote: »
    Abyss wrote: »
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    Abyss wrote: »
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    @Abyss To be clear. I'm not saying I support the devs. Or think they make the best decision. What it really comes down to is that the game will change and continue to change and whining and crying and threatening to quit isn't going to make a single difference. So sit back and enjoy it before it changes again. Because it will. people that think the game should be a certain way, just because that's the way they would do it, get over yourself.

I dont disagree if thats all that this was. They arent just making a tweak here an there. They plan to gut the game as far as hiw toons work and hiw damage is calculated. Thats something totally different. And its not just 1 toon being messed with. Its virtually all of them. This is the worst possible way to fundamentally change a game. You font just flip it on end and see how the pieces fall (and if you think they have thought it through and know the outcome i truly feel bad for you).
    You have to make tweaks and guage results little by little so the correct path can be found/taken and so that the inpact is minimal. They are changing so much at once i will bet my acct that they break more then they fix (thats if anything is actually fixed).

See, I feel that game needed to be flipped end over end. It was primitive and simplistic. it would not be able to keep up with an ever growing number of characters, with an ever growing number of abilities. I don't see the problem with mixing it up and seeing how it goes. i think these future changes are going to give a much bigger range of ways to be successful. Which I support. wI'll there be growing pains? Sure. But I don't take it personally and threaten to quit.

I have not threatened to quit either (no one cares if anyone threatens to quit)
    Its not about them making needed or good changes its about how they are doing it. Destroying what we have built is NOT the answer. The devs even said that small calculated changes were how they were going to proceede from now on so that they didnt "over balance" toons. This is the opposite of what they said they'd do. Its principle. Its not to better the game, its not for the longevity of the game. Its to force us to re-spend to re-build and that coupled with doing the opposite of what they said they would do is why i cant get behind them on this. Its a cheap and dirty way to go about it that will for sure cause far more balance issues then it fixes.
    Add a cap raise to the mix and ppl now have to make hasty decisions they will likely regret furthering them potentially being forced to re-spend.
    This is just wrong on so many levels, its amazing to me that more ppl cant see it

Dude, ur the one who is blind. The point of this game is collecting and assembling teams of ur favorite or interested star wars characters. But majority of people are angry becuz most of the toons are worthless. Ur probably hardcore on this game and is farming GS QGJ and Rey. This news scares you cuz devs are gonna waste ur toons. But again to the majority this is a good change. A change that makes sense. Tanks will have a purpose. Slow toons will have a purpose. And all the stuff u said about forcing u to respend and rebuild, that only applies to meta chasing losers.

Contrarily i avoid chasing the meta cause its not fun. Its sad that you form opinions about me and what i build lol. I dont even have rey unlocked, dont even have GS unlocked not do i desire to. I have jinn max'd from yoda event and hes fun so thats ok. I stand by my above points. You assuming i build certain things do not negate my points ;)