Mega Thread (Counters for 7 STAR GS) - Ideas welcome! - Free 7 star GS???

Prev1
_Skystalker
288 posts Member
edited October 2019
Hello , so if like me you decided not to invest in GS or spend thousands of dollars preparing for this event fear not! According to new figures only about 6,000 people acquired GS, which is over 50% less then those who achieved Malak first time around and its pretty clear it was not because of the difficulty level but purely because people decided to pay their mortgages and bills and feed their family's instead which is admirable.

You will be happy to learn then that of those approx. 6000 people only about 100 achieved a 7 star GS by hording guild currency. So while right now GS 7 STAR is all but invincible, the 5 star GS are beatable and the chances of you coming up against a 7 STAR GEAR 13 R7 GS is slim to none.

So for the next 3 months we can all enjoy farming for free the necessary requirements for unlocking GS and saving our precious guild currency so we can all have shiny new GS 7 Stars at the very same time as those currently living in cardboard boxes and kicking around coke cans in despair. I feel bad for those people, but i quickly got over that and will enjoy meeting those players in arena in 3 months with my own completely free 7 Star GS.

However if you are unlucky enough to face a 7 STAR GS in your arena or GAC, do we have any viable alternatives for these players?

Ideas welcome!

Replies

• Options
    You expect him back in 3 months?!?

:D
  • Options
    The only thing more amusing than you expecting a 3 months return is the fact that you think the peope who unlocked GAS are living in card boxes now, or that they had to spend at all to unlock him in the first place.
  • Options
    The only thing more amusing than you expecting a 3 months return is the fact that you think the peope who unlocked GAS are living in card boxes now, or that they had to spend at all to unlock him in the first place.

So your saying 6000 people already had the required teams and relics free to play? I find that even more amusing. 3 months 4 months - the point is in a matter of months hell be back. CG need to bundle their relics packs with something.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

You will be happy to learn then that of those approx. 6000 people only about 100 achieved a 7 star GS by hording guild currency.

WHY do people think the number that 7* after 2 days (which required significant store refreshes) is in any way relevant?
  • _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    The bigger question is why you don't think its extremely relevant. Why should we not be looking for counters for GS because right now everyone in this game have their minds and thoughts bent on getting GS to 7 star, and currently anyone not doing this has no viable counter for it.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    The bigger question is why you don't think its extremely relevant. Why should we not be looking for counters for GS because right now everyone in this game have their minds and thoughts bent on getting GS to 7 star, and currently anyone not doing this has no viable counter for it.

What? I didn't say that looking for counters wasn't relevant. My point was that it means nothing that only 100 people 7* in the first two days. The number that have him 7* after a week will be relevant, but the 100 number only tells you that there are very few people crazy enough to throw crystals down the toilet to refresh the store just to 7* him immediately.
  • Options
    Apologise I didnt feel your reply was very clear. However to respond to your 2nd post. You cant buy guild currency. No amount of crystals is going to give anyone a 7 STAR GS. So they are going to have to do it the old fashion way and not spend any money. Which might upset a few people who love to spoil CG. So those who don't have GS, can farm up the same amount of Guild currency required to 7 STAR just as quickly as those who have already unlocked him. So in a sense those who invested heavily to get GS and don't have stock piles of Guild currency are at no real advantage from an arena stand point because his not really effective at 5 star.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Apologise I didnt feel your reply was very clear. However to respond to your 2nd post. You cant buy guild currency. No amount of crystals is going to give anyone a 7 STAR GS. So they are going to have to do it the old fashion way and not spend any money. Which might upset a few people who love to spoil CG. So those who don't have GS, can farm up the same amount of Guild currency required to 7 STAR just as quickly as those who have already unlocked him. So in a sense those who invested heavily to get GS and don't have stock piles of Guild currency are at no real advantage from an arena stand point because his not really effective at 5 star.

The number that 7* after 2 days doesn't tell you much of anything about the number of people that have the GET saved. Most of the people that do have the GET saved aren't going to refresh the store. They will 7* him in a week, not in a few hours. So "hey, don't feel bad, only 100 people have him 7*!" is not a relevant or helpful number yet.
  • Options

The point you seem to be missing is that you have no idea how many of the 6000 people have enough GET1 on hand to 7* GAS immediately, but are not spending crystals refreshing the store. After a week, there will be a clearer number of how 7* came out of this event.
  • Options
    Missing or not, the point is this. Their is a significantly lower number of people with access to a 7 STAR GS giving the latest figures. 6000 people is much lower than the 15,000 who got Malak first time around. Their is no disputing this fact. Further more only around 100 have him at 7 Star. Now anyone hording guild currency in order to obtain their prize of a 7 STAR GS would be profoundly stupid to be deterred from their prize by a few refreshes in order to accelerate their purchases of GS tokens in order to be one of the elite few sporting the newest META dominate character. SO i think its pretty safe to say that its not all doom and gloom. I for one welcome the lack of GS 7 stars. Having not wasted thousands i am delighted that on my shard not 1 GS has appeared at 7 STAR. So armed with the knowledge i can happily save up my own guild currency at the same rate as those players who do have a 5 star GS and when the next release come out be in favoured position absent a large hole in my pocket.
  • Options
    Now anyone hording guild currency in order to obtain their prize of a 7 STAR GS would be profoundly stupid to be deterred from their prize by a few refreshes in order to accelerate their purchases of GS tokens in order to be one of the elite few sporting the newest META dominate character.

Blowing crystals to refresh the store to have GAS 7* in 2 days instead of 6 or 7, if you are not already a heavy spender, is emblematic of the resource management skills that prevent people from participating in new events without spending loads of cash.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Now anyone hording guild currency in order to obtain their prize of a 7 STAR GS would be profoundly stupid to be deterred from their prize by a few refreshes in order to accelerate their purchases of GS tokens in order to be one of the elite few sporting the newest META dominate character.

I consider wasting crystals on store refreshes to be profoundly stupid.
  • _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    If you managed to secure GS, then its more then likely you have a PHD in micro transactions. Either way, aside from the fortunate few who managed to secure him completely free of expense. The majority who did secure him had a `whale of a time` whilst doing so. Those who did manage to hoard the best part of 60,000 guild currency did so with amazing commitment and sheer dedication and so have my respect for that. However having made such a splendid commitment. I am certain that these players are not sitting on the edges of their seats, fingers trembling in anticipation, while eyes fixed on the seconds counting down to the next refresh! No no no kind sir. They refreshed those stores brains out and spent those crystals like their very lives depended on it and are now beaming in self admiration at their shiny new 7 STAR GS.

Of this i am certain!
  • Options
    Agree. I have plenty of currency but wouldn't dream of wasting crystals to refresh the store. I just unlocked him 3 days ago and only need 75 more shards. Besides, I need those crystals to buy some Kyros!
  • Options
    Kurrgan wrote: »
    Agree. I have plenty of currency but wouldn't dream of wasting crystals to refresh the store. I just unlocked him 3 days ago and only need 75 more shards. Besides, I need those crystals to buy some Kyros!

Perhaps if you had the exact amount of guild currency required for a 7 star GS unlock right now sitting there in your guild store looking at you, legs akimbo. You would not be so quick to tell us all what a model player you are hmm?
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options

Perhaps if you had the exact amount of guild currency required for a 7 star GS unlock right now sitting there in your guild store looking at you, legs akimbo. You would not be so quick to tell us all what a model player you are hmm?

I had enough for a 6 star. Got it done today.

If I had enough for a 7 star, no way would I have rushed it. Because I don't waste my resources, which is why I then have them later when I need them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

If I had enough for a 7 star, no way would I have rushed it. Because I don't waste my resources, which is why I then have them later when I need them.

not even if you had 4 ZETA's ready to go, and a 6 DOT MOD set born to be warn by GS, and a 501st team pumped, primed and ready for total and utter arena domination? not even then?

i smell a lot of **** in the air tonight. :)
  • Options

Oh no, I'm just a model hoarder. Hoarders don't spend crystals unless they need to. I have to finish farming one more piece before I can take him to relic anything so another day or two doesn't hurt me. I've seen the videos of 5 stas GAS being destroyed.

• TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Also the only thing with akimbo legs is IG-86. He knows what he did.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options

not even if you had 4 ZETA's ready to go, and a 6 DOT MOD set born to be warn by GS, and a 501st team pumped, primed and ready for total and utter arena domination? not even then?

Shrug. I already take first in arena every day. But I also manage my resources.
  • Options
    Well then I stand corrected. Your an oak.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options

Forgive me if I don't shake hands.
  • Options
    Missing or not, the point is this. Their is a significantly lower number of people with access to a 7 STAR GS giving the latest figures. 6000 people is much lower than the 15,000 who got Malak first time around. Their is no disputing this fact. Further more only around 100 have him at 7 Star. Now anyone hording guild currency in order to obtain their prize of a 7 STAR GS would be profoundly stupid to be deterred from their prize by a few refreshes in order to accelerate their purchases of GS tokens in order to be one of the elite few sporting the newest META dominate character. SO i think its pretty safe to say that its not all doom and gloom. I for one welcome the lack of GS 7 stars. Having not wasted thousands i am delighted that on my shard not 1 GS has appeared at 7 STAR. So armed with the knowledge i can happily save up my own guild currency at the same rate as those players who do have a 5 star GS and when the next release come out be in favoured position absent a large hole in my pocket.

Fair enough, but you will probably have to deal with months (3-5 is my guess) of facing GSky in arena at 7*. They will probably give the whales at least 6 months or more to play with him before the event returns. And just because someone didn’t hoard the almost 70k needed doesn’t necessarily mean they had nothing. I had 50k hoarded, so I’ll max him in 4 weeks.

And just because some people dropped several hundred on him doesn’t mean everyone did. There was only one panic farm character who is very useful. All the other required characters are very good, commonly used characters. Our guild has been encouraging us to beef up the Padmé team for TW for quite a while.

You are right that he is less commonly held, and we have a bit of a buffer before many people who got him can max him. However, your exaggeration of the situation mixed with your condescending attitude towards those people you imagine going broke getting him really sounds like a way to mask your jealousy.
  • Options

I have more then 4 zetas ready to go. I have plenty of great mods (including 6 dots) that he would like. I'm 90 shards away from 7 star and still have over 120k GET1 sitting in my stash. I haven't refreshed the store once. Some people can exercise self-control.
  • Options

Forgive me if I don't shake hands.

I'm your huckleberry!

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

So you expect that a week from now there will no more 7* GAS on .gg than there are today?
  • Options
    The bigger question is the 1 bigger than the buggest question.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    The bigger question is the 1 bigger than the buggest question.

It always comes back to bugs with you.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I find it funny that someone thinks that very few people would have had the needed toons geared or available. Most of the needed toons have been in the game for ages. Only really recentishly released units needed are ETA2, B1, Droideka, and Shaak Ti. And of those only Shaak Ti is really truly recent ( though not so recent she'd have been hard to 7* in that time span). With the separatist tb loads of people were farming Sep droids. People were expecting something to need Shaak Ti... like a LOT of people.... LOTS and LOTS of people. lol

The idea that people wouldn't have the necessary toons available and geared enough with their overall power and usefulness throughout the current state of the game unless having spent loads of money is about as far a stretch as I can conceive here.

I would have been ready for this event easily if I hadn't taken a 3 month break from the game. I was lucky enough to be able to surmount my arena deficits and get back in the swing of things, but doing so cost me the time I would have needed for this event. It's fine. I'll be ready in 3 months whether the event is back or not.

No, I'd say it's far more likely that the majority of the people who got GAS this time around were FTP/guppie/dolphin dedicated, and probably only a few newbie krakens really dipped deep in the wallets on this.

Anyhoo TLDR;
    This was probably one of the most easily accesible FTP events I have seen since before CG Carrie took over.
  • Options
    the chances of you coming up against a 7 STAR GEAR 13 R7 GS is slim to none.

I’m looking at two different players in my GAC round, both will fully maxed GAnakins.

So much for that “slim to none” theory.