Looking for Help with Banned Guild Member Account

@CG_LucifersDaddy @CG_Erik @CG_SBCrumb I've recently had a guild member who's account was banned. He is a long time player in good standing with the guild and as far as I know and per his story, has never done anything to warrant an account ban.

He is a Euro player and English is not his native language. He has attempted to use the EA Help functions to reach you guys, but has failed to generate any response in over 24 hours.

I am disappointed in the lack of response from EA/CG with an explanation for why his account was singled out and banned. It has been over 24 hours since he notified the guild leadership about his ban and his attempt to contact EA/CG for clarification and reasoning.

Honestly, this is not acceptable, in any way shape or form. Not only does it take away his playing rights and his guild based rewards for no stated reason, it also hurts the guild. Between TB and TW, there are guild based activities that I need full participation for, so this handicaps my guild. Worse, it puts guild leadership in a position to move out a member in good guild standing because we can't get resolution, or at least a response, from EA's end to him.

All I am requesting is a a normal standard of care in customer service to inform him on the basis for banning his account since he has stated that he did nothing wrong. It's that simple. It's that reasonable.

Please do the right thing and inform him of the stated reason the account was banned.

I can provide his contact information and ally code / Game ID in a private DM. I did not wich to make it public.

Thank you for your consideration.
Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    He can send a private message in the forums to LucifersDaddy with his ally code

Due to privacy reasons, I doubt they’ll inform a proxy about any accounts status
  • He tried that and has gotten no response. That is why I decided to step in and see if I can help
    Do or Do not.

• He tried that and has gotten no response. That is why I decided to step in and see if I can help

If english is an issue for him, write up the DM for him, and then have him send it. Have him show you the reply and you can help manage his response.

Otherwise I believe Ultra is right about the reasons for you not being able to stand in for him.
  • You could always try to do a live chat with EA using his account credentials to figure out what happened.

Otherwise, why do you expect a dev team working regular business hours to get to your specific problem in under 24 hours?
  • nobody except lucifersdaddy can help you, he is the only person you can speak to about this and there is a long backlog since GAC started and everyone is reporting anyone who beats them.
    he will have to wait until LD gets to his message and if you repeat message or add to your original message you will be moved to the back of the list so be patient.
    you will not get a reply overnight its a waiting game at this point
  • I don't think our GM is looking for preferential treatment. Just a normal standard of customer care, where if CG bans someone, they can follow up within a reasonable timespan. I understand LD is a busy man with all the reports, but I also think it's clear that responding to banned players' only recourse is a higher priority than investigating reports.

I also don't think our GM wants to act as a proxy for @Anakinagabey . It's just that if he was banned without doing anything wrong, as we suspect, this impacts us as a guild as well as the player alone. And it isn't being dealt with adequately. We're just trying to get him the help he needs, not act on his behalf or skip a queue or anything.

And yes, a 24 hour turnover for customer service is an entirely reasonable expectation, lol.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    He tried that and has gotten no response. That is why I decided to step in and see if I can help
    LucifersDaddy takes time to go through all the requests and respond back. He might be having a day off for all we know.

He needs to wait a few days. I’m pretty sure there isn’t anything else he can do other than wait for LD to respond back
  • yohann269
    375 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    is that really all we are left with, wait on one person to reply? that's not how customer Service works. if they say they are going to to respond within a certain time span, they need to respond. We as paying customers should not have to be held at bay because of staffing or whims of an employee. CG should have enough people to answer within the allotted time frame.
  • well apparently there is "a team" that works on this but nobody is allowed to know who this team is, your only point of contact is LD and the more you message him the longer you wait that is what we have all bee told time and time again.
    yes its not right that you dont get a reason for the ban, yes its not right that you dont get a reply within 24 hours but its not LD's fault. try blaming the people who report everyone who beats them in GAC as their teams cant be beaten without a cheat.
    its the state of the game now and its really disturbing that its come to this that honest people are being banned because someone cant take being beat or they just enjoy hitting that report button.
    maybe just maybe LD might want to give them a ban for wasting his time and for causing honest people and their guilds to lose out on so much for a wrongful ban.
    good luck but end of the day you can only wait for LD's descision
  • Just to clarify, I am not looking to be a proxy. Our member has sufficient skills to communicate on his own behalf, it's just that, like a lot of non-native English speakers, the nunances of the communication maybe a bit tricky. I just want to make sure he directly gets the answer he wants, since the response time, in my opinion, is excessive. That is why I offered to provide his info in a DM and not have the conversation directly. I understand their are privacy issues.

We are not looking to "line jump", however, there needs to be a reasonable triage procedure if LD and his team are overwhelmed. Questions about a ban, should trump other investigations, because of their overall impact on both the player and the guild.

Additionally, it should not be hard to know why the ban was initiated. Someone or some "security bot" had to perform the action. Reasonably, I would expect an account of that reason to be readily available. So, it should be a 10 minute action? He provided his info to LD in a DM, LD or his team searches a log and there is a reason. Copy, paste, send. Anything over 24 hours is not acceptable response time for service in issues like bans because of the impact of that action.

If it is determined that he did do something that warranted a ban, then I have no problem with it, but in my book, until he receives a notice and explanation as to why, this is an extreme and unwarranted action against a player that actually just spent some money to unlock GAS.
    Do or Do not.

• 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Honestly if it is an unjustified ban, I'd be talking with Apple or Google if I was a paying customer and I didn't get a quick response. I'd not want to get cheated out of my money.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2019
    Ultra wrote: »
    He can send a private message in the forums to LucifersDaddy with his ally code

Due to privacy reasons, I doubt they’ll inform a proxy about any accounts status

This.

It needs to be done by the player and in a private message to CG_LucifersDaddy.

This will take time as all messages to them are "in queue" as the order recieved.
This discussion has been closed.