TB Rewards not being distributed

Six members of my alliance did not receive their rewards after this latest TB. Why? Because, even though they were present when the TB concluded, they were moved to other guilds in the alliance before they logged on to collect. After checking the bug reports, the official response was that this is "working as intended". You're telling me that the devs intended for players to lose out on a week's worth of hard effort because they weren't present AFTER the event concluded? I find that very hard to believe. More like it was an oversight and they don't intend to fix the issue.

Now, this issue has been brought up repeatedly, and as early as mid 2018. This needs to be fixed. I have six rightfully very unhappy members who missed out on 25 stars worth of Geo TB rewards. At the very least, customer support should be granting these six members their earned rewards.

Has anyone successfully been compensated for this?

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Degs29 wrote: »
    At the very least, customer support should be granting these six members their earned rewards

Why? It's worked like this for ages. It's not a bug. Why the compensation?

• Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    At the very least, customer support should be granting these six members their earned rewards

I think I explained why quite adequately in my original post. These six put in the time, but aren't being rewarded for it because CS is claiming it's "not a bug". Whether you can classify it as a bug or not is irrelevant. It's absurd to deny them those rewards.

The fact that it's been this way for ages just shows this problem has gone unanswered for far too long. At the very least, a PSA should have been sent out. No one in my guild was aware of this problem, which makes it highly likely the majority of players STILL don't know about it.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

I think I explained why quite adequately in my original post. These six put in the time, but aren't being rewarded for it because CS is claiming it's "not a bug". Whether you can classify it as a bug or not is irrelevant. It's absurd to deny them those rewards.

The fact that it's been this way for ages just shows this problem has gone unanswered for far too long. At the very least, a PSA should have been sent out. No one in my guild was aware of this problem, which makes it highly likely the majority of players STILL don't know about it.

Why would someone think they would get rewards if they leave before payout? Nothing is broken, that's just silly to assume.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Why would someone think they would get rewards if they leave before payout? Nothing is broken, that's just silly to assume.

They were removed after the event concluded.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

I think being paid is when the even is concluded.
  • Options
    They shouldnt have been removed.. those 6 people should be mad at you for removing them.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

What if one was named evan though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Need to work on my letter management
  • Options
    Reptis5000 wrote: »
    They shouldnt have been removed.. those 6 people should be mad at you for removing them.

*I* didn't remove them. But I don't blame the guy who did. Maybe I'm wrong, based on the responses I'm getting here, but I think it's incredibly stupid the rewards aren't granted at the time the event concludes.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Unfortunately they have to log in to be registered as having concluded the event, and have to accept them from the in box before being removed from the guild. It has always worked this way.

You can have them open a ticket and try to reach out to CG_SBCrumb and see if he can help.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

I think I explained why quite adequately in my original post.

What you explained doesn't justify a compensation, because:
    It's worked like this for ages. It's not a bug.

So again:
    Why should they have a compensation?
    These six put in the time, but aren't being rewarded for it because CS is claiming it's "not a bug". Whether you can classify it as a bug or not is irrelevant. It's absurd to deny them those rewards.

Why? Yes, they put in time to play TB, but they also left the guild before collecting their rewards.
    No one in my guild was aware of this problem, which makes it highly likely the majority of players STILL don't know about it.

Well, now you know how it works.
    It's no different than learning about how to avoid preloading TM, or how roster locks work.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Reptis5000 wrote: »

*I* didn't remove them. But I don't blame the guy who did. Maybe I'm wrong, based on the responses I'm getting here, but I think it's incredibly stupid the rewards aren't granted at the time the event concludes.

You may think it's stupid. Fair enough. However, it's still not a bug.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Need to work on my letter management

I just buy mine.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    People removed from the guild didnt get rewards seem wai, dont kick out 6 people right when the event ends and this is fixed.

This is like complaining that you bleed when you cut yourself
  • Options
    CG is taking those away too
  • Options
    People removed from the guild didnt get rewards seem wai, dont kick out 6 people right when the event ends and this is fixed.

Geezus, I know! The officer who did it knows that now. Why do the other six people have to pay for it?
  • Options

I think I explained why quite adequately in my original post.

What you explained doesn't justify a compensation, because:
    It's worked like this for ages. It's not a bug.

So again:
    Why should they have a compensation?
    These six put in the time, but aren't being rewarded for it because CS is claiming it's "not a bug". Whether you can classify it as a bug or not is irrelevant. It's absurd to deny them those rewards.

Why? Yes, they put in time to play TB, but they also left the guild before collecting their rewards.
    No one in my guild was aware of this problem, which makes it highly likely the majority of players STILL don't know about it.

Well, now you know how it works.
    It's no different than learning about how to avoid preloading TM, or how roster locks work.

I'm just not getting your argument, man. They did all six days of TB. And they didn't themselves leave the guild before getting their rewards, they were removed. You keep saying they left before they got their rewards. They didn't. They were removed. They shouldn't pay for it.

You can argue that the officer should have known better, but I don't see how unless he had encountered it before in the past. While others HAVE encountered this, there aren't that many forum posts about it. Seems like most people figure it out the hard way or know someone who figured it out the hard way. Shouldn't be that way.
  • Options

Geezus, I know! The officer who did it knows that now. Why do the other six people have to pay for it?

Because he removed them they should suffer the consequences. Seems like u need better officers.

Asking CG to compensate players because a rogue officer booted them before they could collect rewards isnt going to go anywhere, plus it's just shifting the blame and responsibility from the officer to cg.

Cg screws up enough, they dont need to be blamed for what a guild officer did.
  • Options

Sounds like bad management. You should always check last login time before removing someone in situations like these.
  • Options
    To the OP: Dont waste your time with the trolls. The people being donkeys in this thread are the same people that will try and argue that 2+2=5 just because you said it equals 4, even though they know perfectly well it equals 4.

1. The 6 people who didn’t get rewards are completely innocent and should not be punished just because another player didn’t know how reward collection interacts with being removed from the guild. They didn’t do anything wrong and should not be punished.

2. Likewise the officer shouldn’t be punished for not knowing a mechanic that, as far as I know, isn’t published anywhere. Contrary to popular belief in this thread, not everyone knows that you lose your rewards if you leave or are removed from a guild before picking up them up from your mailbox. Even if he did know, it’s obviously something easy to forget.

It’s a monumentally stupid mechanic to begin with. The only way someone would even know about it is if someone told them or they lost out on rewards themselves.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Unfortunately they have to log in to be registered as having concluded the event, and have to accept them from the in box before being removed from the guild. It has always worked this way.

You can have them open a ticket and try to reach out to CG_SBCrumb and see if he can help.

This is the only course for a solution. No one here can even begin to help you try to get what they earned.

EA Help is the only way to go. If that fails, each of them need to message CG_SBCrumb to try and get him involved.
This discussion has been closed.