Easy way to alleviate the gear crunch

I've been saying this for years, but why can't CG just implement a fair crafting system for higher tier gear. They literally have the interface for it now with the Jawa Scavenger. All they have to do is have separate tabs for relics and for gear. This solution panders to veterans, whales, and new players alike. Even if it's 20 MK IV Stun Gun for 1 MK V Stun Gun, it would be very much worth it. It hardly even breaks the economy anymore either since players would have to decide if they want to save the pieces for relics or gear.

This seems like such an obvious choice to help save this game and plug the mass Exodus. I really love this game and been playing since near first release. CG really needs to throw us players a bone here; any act of good faith really; anything that just doesn't feel like a backroom corporate decision to squeeze money from the players.

Replies

• You just posted how to take a step forward. You now need to point out what the 2 steps backwards are.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Adding most needed / rare / valuable gear to Guild shop will work too, and it's easy. But not gonna happen cuz krakens/whales just buy it for xstals and devs don't care about rest of playerbase.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Or just add new challenge tiers. Or make the GAC rewards actually worthwhile. Or add Rancor gear to HAAT and HSTR. Or add "gear galactic bounties" or something like that. The options are near endless, if only they wanted to do it.
  • CG executives discuss how to "ease gear crunch":

- So many players farmed rosters and able to farm gear... We are down at xstals sales
    - Give them g13 and make farm finishers
    - They still farming stun guns at fleet
    - Remove stun guns from fleet and make them also farm g14 aka relics
    - They still buy stun guns at shop
    - Give them GAS event

Next should be removing stun guns from regular energy farms :D
  • Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Adding most needed / rare / valuable gear to Guild shop will work too, and it's easy. But not gonna happen cuz krakens/whales just buy it for xstals and devs don't care about rest of playerbase.

They would rather have more people keep leaving the game.
  • Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    CG executives discuss how to "ease gear crunch":

- So many players farmed rosters and able to farm gear... We are down at xstals sales
    - Give them g13 and make farm finishers
    - They still farming stun guns at fleet
    - Remove stun guns from fleet and make them also farm g14 aka relics
    - They still buy stun guns at shop
    - Give them GAS event

Next should be removing stun guns from regular energy farms :D

And the thing is, if they'd only put the stuns in place of the Mace challenge. That alone would be enough.

But we get it. Give half of what you need, and it will compel you to farm the other half.

I'm sure they ran the numbers and figured that they'd lose a ton of money that way.

So....

Here we are waiting for some sort of miracle.
  • Find whoever created kyros, and feed them to the rancor. Will it alleviate the gear crunch? No. I, however, will feel drastically better.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    Find whoever created kyros, and feed them to the rancor. Will it alleviate the gear crunch? No. I, however, will feel drastically better.

HAHAHA! Good one!
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Really, they just need to change the drop rate to 50%.

Or make it like the first relic piece.
  • Exletion wrote: »
    I've been saying this for years, but why can't CG just implement a fair crafting system for higher tier gear. They literally have the interface for it now with the Jawa Scavenger. All they have to do is have separate tabs for relics and for gear. This solution panders to veterans, whales, and new players alike. Even if it's 20 MK IV Stun Gun for 1 MK V Stun Gun, it would be very much worth it. It hardly even breaks the economy anymore either since players would have to decide if they want to save the pieces for relics or gear.

This seems like such an obvious choice to help save this game and plug the mass Exodus. I really love this game and been playing since near first release. CG really needs to throw us players a bone here; any act of good faith really; anything that just doesn't feel like a backroom corporate decision to squeeze money from the players.

Or they could stop adding characters to the guild event store so we don't have to choose between them or the highly valuable gear in that shop.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    Find whoever created kyros, and feed them to the rancor. Will it alleviate the gear crunch? No. I, however, will feel drastically better.

But... The kyros were supposed to help us.... Right?
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    You just posted how to take a step forward. You now need to point out what the 2 steps backwards are.

You get one free per day. 50/100/200/400/800 crystal refreshes.
  • The only way to fix the gear crunch at this point is:
    A. Make it a 100% drop chance
    B. Add all the hard gear to challenges and make it drop between 15-20 per sim.

Neither of those will happen. Swgoh is the only game(out of the ones I played) in which resource management gets worse as you progress. I haven't seen a game yet, in which you are at the "end-game" and still struggle with lower "gears". Usually when you progress, the things at the bottom become much easier and the hard part is keeping your character/characters up to date, by constantly evolving them. Not here. Here you are stuck with the exact same pieces, for every single character, at every single gear level.

g7-g12(inclusive) should've been as easy as g1-g6 at that point. In fact when they released g12, they should've made g7-g11 much easier(as in you can get 2 characters to g11 with ease in a day). Then when g13 drops, you do the same for g12. Etc. Kryo's weren't a bad idea, a new gear was needed. However they should've made the old one extremely easy to farm and Kryo's should've been a g13 only thing, not g7 to g8.
  • Lets not forget, CG claimed they were going to make the gear crunch much easier. However, we won't see that happen until a good 50% of the community has decided to stop playing. Truly at this point in the game, the man or woman who has the power to say yes, lets make that gear farm from 1-13 much easier will never do so. They are literally worried about one thing and one thing only. The all mighty dollar/Euro/Pound etc.

They are walking the path of making this game die in the next year or two. They've already stated that LS Geo tb will be harder then DS, which for 99% of the guilds is a down fall considering 1% of the guilds are whale guilds.

Corporate greed is the destroyer of all things good in the star wars universe.

CG stop making good people leave this game because you've decided that you need to make even more $$....Why can't you just be happy with long term income vs higher short term income?
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    You just posted how to take a step forward. You now need to point out what the 2 steps backwards are.

CG: Hold my beer. A single Mk3 holo projector *salvage* costs 200 fully-crafted Mk2 holo projectors. G11-G12 gear *salvages* cost a few hundred crystals besides the lower gears. Easy peasy...
  • I have not quit yet, but I am playing another game in the background for when the time comes. And it is coming. This game is getting worse.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I believe they've explicitly stated they will not do this, and the scavenger is their solution to the "old gear is useless" problem.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• A fair crafting system would not be a good idea for a game of this nature. You farm the items you need for what you need. You either have the items you need, you buy the items you need, or you do without until you can farm them. Having to choose between farming that stun gun or that kyro...even though you actually need the furnace, but it's not as "flashy" so you forgot... it's all part of the plan
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever