Resistance Trooper

SaVaGeTnK
108 posts Member
edited November 2015
Although no shards are available from grinding missions, I feel the guy packs quite the punch with his special attack.

He has decent speed and great attack for the amount of stars he has. Any one else hold some esteem for this fellow?

Replies

• I have him on my team and even upgraded. He hits like 2k critical with his special sometimes. I replaced him with Chewbacca and man I'm loving his attacks
  • SaVaGeTnK wrote: »
    Although no shards are available from grinding missions, I feel the guy packs quite the punch with his special attack.

He has decent speed and great attack for the amount of stars he has. Any one else hold some esteem for this fellow?

He's amazing use him
  • umm how do you get him?
  • jbjbjb3743 wrote: »
    umm how do you get him?

He's the IOS freebie toon, their version of the First Order Trooper Android users got.
  • Sorry I take back what I said. I have the resistance pilot. And he's amazing. U can farm him through the galactic war as well. Very important asset to my victories
  • Sorry I take back what I said. I have the resistance pilot. And he's amazing. U can farm him through the galactic war as well. Very important asset to my victories

Ohhh. Nice

Anyway I do find the resistance trooper very VERY useful. His special attack rocks
  • In my squad... if resistance pilot dies, it's all over. I do everything I can to protect him. Most of my toons do around 500 in an avg hit and 900-1400 critical. Resistance pilot does 950 base and up to 2400 critical. Plus his special which can give him foresight which is 100% dodge and put a debuff on the enemy so the next attack ruins them.

I'm considering farming him to 7* after luminar
  • How do u acquire resistance trooper?
    ~ im2awesome ~ FC: 516-518-889
    "There can only be one, I will be the one!" - Jet Li

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    jbjbjb3743 wrote: »
    umm how do you get him?

He's the IOS freebie toon, their version of the First Order Trooper Android users got.

Which is not exactly the best in the world. Why did they do this? Sigh.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Ooh okay - he shows up for android still lol - guess just to pester you because u cant get him lol

• Is there any way to get the resistance trooper on Android? He is significantly better than the first order trooper. Think Disney is giving a not so subtle hint that Android users are the dark side?
  • Wearman wrote: »
    Is there any way to get the resistance trooper on Android? He is significantly better than the first order trooper. Think Disney is giving a not so subtle hint that Android users are the dark side?

You can buy his shards from the Galactic War shipments (GW is unlocked at level 40 - not sure what level you are.)
  • Slushie wrote: »
    Wearman wrote: »
    Is there any way to get the resistance trooper on Android? He is significantly better than the first order trooper. Think Disney is giving a not so subtle hint that Android users are the dark side?

You can buy his shards from the Galactic War shipments (GW is unlocked at level 40 - not sure what level you are.)

U can get resistance pilot from GW unfortunately not Resistance trooper

• Im2awesome wrote: »
    Slushie wrote: »

Oh sorry that's my bad! In that case it appears that Android players don't have access to Resistance Trooper right now, and I assume the same goes for iOS being locked out from First Order Trooper.
  • Slushie wrote: »
    Im2awesome wrote: »
    Slushie wrote: »

Oh sorry that's my bad! In that case it appears that Android players don't have access to Resistance Trooper right now, and I assume the same goes for iOS being locked out from First Order Trooper.

No worries buddy!

• Resistance pilot 1 shot my dooku to start the match. Was my first time going against him. Thought my match was glitched. I proceeded to watch him ruinate my entire team and for the coup de grace take out my Fett with over 4K damage. Sign me up. I'm a believer.
  • Waynerz666 wrote: »
    Resistance pilot 1 shot my dooku to start the match. Was my first time going against him. Thought my match was glitched. I proceeded to watch him ruinate my entire team and for the coup de grace take out my Fett with over 4K damage. Sign me up. I'm a believer.

Pilot? Not trooper?
    461-112-993
    Looking for allies level 40+
  • TreTuna wrote: »
    Waynerz666 wrote: »
    Resistance pilot 1 shot my dooku to start the match. Was my first time going against him. Thought my match was glitched. I proceeded to watch him ruinate my entire team and for the coup de grace take out my Fett with over 4K damage. Sign me up. I'm a believer.

Pilot? Not trooper?

Yes, resistance pilot. The guy in the orange jump suit, lol, soooo broken and op.
  • hushhhh, hes not broken Dooku is broken......but seriously i have a gear 5 2*(not at galactic war yet to farm him up) and he easily hits 2.5k on most 4*with a chance to expose and hes speed is really good especially with guerilla tactics; so i can attack 3x before most character even attack once. Hes how i deal with bariss and dooku, I stun then and just burst them down so fast with him.
  • Hmmm so resistance pilot has farmable shards? Becuase resistance trooper doesn't :(
  • SaVaGeTnK wrote: »
    Hmmm so resistance pilot has farmable shards? Becuase resistance trooper doesn't :(

Depends on ur operating system , i guess trooper is available via IOS ( apple ) and pilot is available for android

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Many have no love for Luke but he really packs a punch and doesn't have a glass tank. Fairly easy to farm
  • Trooper can't be farmed and stays at 1* and thus is useless at level 50 and up. Value gies really down even in lvk 40. The enemy can take him out in two shots before it can be healed. Even if healed, it just depleets your heal turns. Some AoEs can wipe him fast, no need to target him. He is amazing, and he is 1st order, for a reason, I guess.
  • dauz6063
    73 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Luke is good? I don't really bother with him since he looks so underwhelming with sucky attire and that... UGLY RIFLE :s

me want Jedi Knight/Master Luke not whinny baby Luke.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    dauz6063 wrote: »
    Luke is good? I don't really bother with him since he looks so underwhelming with sucky attire and that... UGLY RIFLE :s

me want Jedi Knight/Master Luke not whinny baby Luke.

Hah, once you get over the fact he has a rifle I think personally he is awesome. Very high dps, crit chance and tank. Fairly easy to promote. Mine is 4* and I find him invaluable. His leadership skill seems underwheming but I never use him for that. Imagine a jedi with a sniper rifle that doesn't get know he's jedi
  • Trooper can't be farmed and stays at 1* and thus is useless at level 50 and up. Value gies really down even in lvk 40. The enemy can take him out in two shots before it can be healed. Even if healed, it just depleets your heal turns. Some AoEs can wipe him fast, no need to target him. He is amazing, and he is 1st order, for a reason, I guess.

his shards are available on 2 hard missions. pretty early on too. im about to 3 star him. havn't seen anyone with a higher attack at the same rarity. plus with poe his turn meter is spinning.

• His opportune strike was a bug and got corrected in latest patch. He doesn't make the cut anymore :(
  • ccfoo wrote: »
    His opportune strike was a bug and got corrected in latest patch. He doesn't make the cut anymore :(

A 'bug'. Sure. His utility as a glass cannon is almost completely gone now. There seem to be plenty of other chars, like the first order tie pilot, who have a solo shot with similar damage who were not as low HP a toon. Maybe useful in a team that takes advantage of expose but probably not a real viable team and certainly not worth farming.
  • Bug or not, his damage is too Low now for him to be viable. The bug actually make him useful despite being easily killed. I hope EA can buff back his damage similar to tie pilot.
  • ccfoo wrote: »
    Bug or not, his damage is too Low now for him to be viable. The bug actually make him useful despite being easily killed. I hope EA can buff back his damage similar to tie pilot.

Agree, now he's too squishie to be useful anywhere, even outside arena. He dies too quickly.

ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE