GAS The Chosen One Zeta Question

OK so the wording of the zeta on The Chosen One says:

"General Skywalker uses an additional ability during his turn.
Whenever General Skywalker critically hits an enemy during his turn, increase their cooldowns by 1 (excluding raid bosses), which can't be resisted.
If he is critically hit, General Skywalker dispels all debuffs on himself. Enemies attacking out of turn can't critically hit.
If the target enemy has no Protection when General Skywalker uses an ability, reduce their current Max Health by 20% for rest of the battle (stacking, excluding raid bosses), which can't be resisted."

So since it is "when Skywalker uses an ability" does that mean his 20% max health reduction occurs twice per turn since he uses an additional ability per turn? So if I'm facing a Darth Malak and use my basic, which then uses Telekinesis, does he remove 40% max health from Malak? Until I can 7* him I think I'm going to run him with a Padme squad in Arena if this is the case...

Replies

• JarJarReubs
    36 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Ur right about the 40%. My question is what if ani gets fear from criting malak and can't take the bonus turn
  • Options
    It's no bonus turn but an additional attack and he will always use it as Malaks Fear occurs at the end of the turn, not in between. It's the same with DR when he attacks a Malak with CBM, he will always use his Basic as second attack and get Fear after. The only thing i'm unsure with is if Daze stops the bonus attack.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    It's no bonus turn but an additional attack and he will always use it as Malaks Fear occurs at the end of the turn, not in between. It's the same with DR when he attacks a Malak with CBM, he will always use his Basic as second attack and get Fear after. The only thing i'm unsure with is if Daze stops the bonus attack.

Does daze stop multi hitters like greedo or princesses Leia for double or triple tapping ? If so it will probably stop G.ani second hit .
  • Options
    Daze does stop Greedo and Leia. However, those abilities are worded differently as they both state that they „ ATTACK again“.
    GS (I will never use that other acronym ;)) however flat out says that he uses an „additional ability“. So to the OP, I would say yes, it seems like he would reduce health by 40%. Not sure if daze would stop him... extra attack implies it is still part of the same attack, additional ability implies it is a new attack, so probably not.
  • Options
    Thanks all for the confirmation. I'm one of the few that doesn't spend much and just kind of wandered into unlocking him so I'm excited to potentially get out in front of the meta for once. I'll put that zeta down first and see how it goes.
  • DarkstarSunrise
    570 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    It's not reducing anything by 40%, that's now how percentages work. It's reducing the max health by 20%, then it reduces that value by 20%. This is not the same as reducing max health by 40%.

i.e. 1000 - 40% = 600
    1000 - 20% = 800
    800 - 20% = 640
  • Options
    It's not reducing anything by 40%, that's now how percentages work. It's reducing the max health by 20%, then it reduces that value by 20%. This is not the same as reducing max health by 40%.

i.e. 1000 - 40% = 600
    1000 - 20% = 800
    800 - 20% = 640

Exactly, it's like some people think everyone will have 1 health after 5 hits
  • Options
    Well obviously that's how it works but the aggregate of 36% is still pretty relevant. 36% of the 150k+ health pools is still 54k health, which is a big deal
  • Options
    Update: I can 100% confirm this is the case. I upgraded the ability and took some video in a random battle and experienced this two different ways and it works both times.

The first time I used my attack on enemy 1. You can see the health pool change before the actual attack and before damage. This enemy survived the first attack. You can then see the health pool visually change again as Anakin starts his movement, then damage is applied.

The second scenario was you press the attack o enemy 1, he loses 20% health, you do damage. Then that enemy dies. Next Skywalker attacks a random enemy, the animation starts and you see the health pool change and then damage is done.

So no matter the target the 20% comes off each attack.