Grand Arena should involve Fleets.

SilverbackMM
260 posts Member
edited October 2019
1. Grand Arena should literally mean Squad Arena and Fleet Arena combined.

2. If it’s called Fleet ARENA how could it not be involved in Grand Arena if that Arena is in fact Grand?

3. Should the Grand Champions of Grand Arena be forced to prove their skill in a variety of ways including ship to ship combat?

4. Wouldn’t you say that Fleet Arena combat style is its own animal and not for the faint of heart as often making one less than ideal move means certain failure?

5. Shouldn’t consistently being #1 in Fleet Arena every day because you worked hard to have what is clearly the best fleet on your shard be rewarded with some kind of actual reward besides the amount of crystals that you desperately rely on everyday to maintain steady progression and membership in a top level guild without having to pay out of pocket to do so?

6. Wouldn’t it make for more interesting defensive strategic decisions if at least one defensive squad spot in GA was for fleets? Wouldn’t it be fun if you didn’t know which one (behind the front line) it was going to be?

7. Maybe you could make a fifth zone in the middle of the four as an optional battle after the frontline that allows you to cross into the back line of ground squads on an angle if desired?

8. Wouldn’t it be a great way for players to test out new fleet squads on besides the same single squad they use in Fleet Arena every day, which would help make them stronger in TB and TW?

9. Why are there Feats for Fleet Arena battles when your ships have nothing to do with Grand Arena battles?

10. Finally, when is Dengar’s Punishing One being released? Do we really have to wait until Jabba and the Star Jewel come out? Or Hondo and the Corona-class armored frigate? Or do we have to wait until Capital Gains secures a sponsorship deal with Anheuser-Busch first?!😃

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    It will.
  • Options
    TL;DR:
    OP gets #1 in fleet arena and believes it'd be an advantage for him in GAC as well.
  • Options
    There is one certain problem with ships to GAC, in my opinion, they're not as diverse as toons. You have 4 capital ships but only Rebels, Galactic Republic or Sith/Empire ships in main synergy with them. Geos, FO, Resistance, and Bounty Hunters only enjoy half-portion of the capital ship benefits.

With toons, you have lots of teams to put together in defense or offense with endless possibilities of creating new formations.

If they introduce more capital ships I would be more than happy to use ships in GAC, but right now, there are not many options. Not everyone has meta **** ship, not everyone has Negotiator which is at the moment taking over the fleet arena now. I spared millions of ship tokens and ability mats for it, but I was sad it's only farmable from the events store and with my guild, we're only getting 15-18 stars in Geo TB. I'm very excited to have Malevolence as my Geos and Vulture ship is more than ready for it.

I don't mean to cry about this, but everyone has their own priorities (easier for whales) and in my case, for example, I didn't have as many resources to put into ships so I'm strengthening what I currently have...

Very curious what will happen later!
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    So what to be a stale combat as The Fleet Arena? no!
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Options
    I like the fleet arena combat style
  • Options
    1. yes it should and it was like that before

2. its not involved because there inst much variety in ships and if they have a fleet you cant win first try you almost are guaranteed to lose that area completely (ie if you cant beat it first try you probably not guaranteed cant beat it ever)

3. yes they should but again its not time just yet

4. but a failure you might not be able to come back from is a problem.... unlike squads where you have many more options to recover with (Character: oh revan lost? less at least i still have padme, grievous. clones, malak, nightsister, ect to win with. ship: i lost with akbar? well i have tarkin with half decent ships still... and nothing else for this strong team)

5. the rewards in GA aren't that good compared to normal every day arenas.. the most you really get better is bragging rights besides like 1 extra carbanti component id say

6. again there was a thing like that before but the removed it for GAC for now... just like 3v3 characetrs

7. a 5th zone could be pretty cool and unique

8. what stops you from trying new fleet squads in fleet arena as it is? you have 5 attempts a day to use different squads then normal

9. they havent just been included yet, in the future they have said ship will return to GA

10. never, no, no. maybe?
  • Options
    Maybe read Q&As because whining about something that has been addressed.

But hey keep on complaining for fun
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    What is tl;dr and wai?
  • GBahia03
    242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Monel wrote: »
    What is tl;dr and wai?

TL:DR = Taco Lunch: Double Brunch