Experienced something weird in HSTR P1 with my CLS team

So lately as I've been beefing up CLS I've been just straight up running them against Nihilus to see how the damage output compares. I get him down 3-4% with my team. R2 died round 7ish. Get down to 4 rounds or 3 left and his health is locked in at 68.8%

It isn't the protection recovery thing. My CLS usually wipes 80% of his protection with his unique attack. Nihilu's protection stopped going below 10% no matter what. Rest of the rounds went like that. Only thing I can figure was that the 2 stacks of confuse on him might have had something to do with it.
wutz2s0nwpoc.png
3aa61dkobuyg.png

Replies

• Every time you use a basic against Nihilus while you’ve got defense down, you lose 25% protection and he gains that much max protection. His max protection probably got high enough that you couldn’t break through it anymore.
  • Every time you use a basic against Nihilus while you’ve got defense down, you lose 25% protection and he gains that much max protection. His max protection probably got high enough that you couldn’t break through it anymore.

Yeah, if you attack him with basic while you have defense down I know. That isn't stacking though. It doesn't make sense that it started behaving as if it were stacking toward the last 4 rounds.
  • Its crappy Chewie's fault, all his assists are basic attacks!
  • Obiwantuan wrote: »
    Its crappy Chewie's fault, all his assists are basic attacks!

Nah mate, CLS's special should be wiping even that. My CLS is R6.
  • That just means he has more protection, what keeps it working is R2 dispelling the defense down each time they crit, which for rebels is always, once he dies, that stops, Nihilus stops dying, hence if you try it without R2 you will get almost no damage I would guess. That's just my experience though, if it works without R2 next time, I don't know.
  • That just means he has more protection, what keeps it working is R2 dispelling the defense down each time they crit, which for rebels is always, once he dies, that stops, Nihilus stops dying, hence if you try it without R2 you will get almost no damage I would guess. That's just my experience though, if it works without R2 next time, I don't know.

That is definitely the most thoughtful answer I came across.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    How'd you manage to keep guard off C3 with R6 on CLS? Mine is Relic 2 and getting close to losing it.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    How'd you manage to keep guard off C3 with R6 on CLS? Mine is Relic 2 and getting close to losing it.

By giving C3 Health and Protection mods and CLS just raw damage in every possible way?
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn