GEC crunch is amazing!

It really helps to level the playing field between ftp, ptp, vets and newer players. Sure, some got Gensky but are you positive you want to spend the currency to bring him to 7 stars?? What if something else gets released in 3 months?
And it's hilarious because he'll be back by the time people are getting him to 7 stars that didn't horde... assuming something else doesn't come up.

Replies

• Options
    It really helps to level the playing field between ftp, ptp, vets and newer players. Sure, some got Gensky but are you positive you want to spend the currency to bring him to 7 stars?? What if something else gets released in 3 months?
    And it's hilarious because he'll be back by the time people are getting him to 7 stars that didn't horde... assuming something else doesn't come up.

You're right on many things here.

One thing though, if we are to believe Pavlov and that we can be conditioned, what kind of conditioning might you think is going on here?

For me, it's that in the past, we used to spend, and we used to get ahead.

Now, if we spend, we no longer get ahead.

Question is, are we being conditioned to not spend if we know we can't get ahead?

And if they don't spend, then, is that a good thing?

I heard the devs talk about the cost of making events and running events and content.

Couldn't that possibly become a strain on the creation of such content?

So, as I said, you're right on many points here. And I do agree with you on how things are right now, aren't so bad -with arena, there's more diversity. There's no new meta bashing your skull in in GAC day 1. No instant win for the Krakens.

And now that times has passed since Malak's arrival, we can kinda see how things shook down releasing a 5 star into the wild to grow. It's taken the length of time that typically a new meta would emerge. 3-5 months?

And in right now when most people have him 6-7 stars who got him the first time around, right around the corner was GAS.

I'm wondering, if we won't be in a constant state of flux, with one meta incoming and another outgoing. Thus leaving the Arena battle field more open and diverse? I'm wondering if this trickle in of powerful characters right before a new one; isn't the best thing for the game right now?

I hate it. Straight up. I want my stuff and I want it now bro.

However, I also like this current state of Arena and GAC. (Not getting into match making) I feel I can go up against any team with any team and stand a puncher's chance. For the most part.

I'm just doing my first GAC in D1. I fear no one. I respect everyone. It's been pretty chill.Being on the low end in D 1 is some nasty stuff LOL But it's been fun.

So, yes, you're right. Yes I agree this is good stuff now. But I worry, that it won't have a detrimental affect.
    Like, how much money can we afford not to lose, until we aren't getting new content at the same pace, due to - less spending,

See I'm a whale. No I'm not ashamed. And honestly, it takes awhile to get conditioned, but I"m getting there. I feel less and less incentive to spend now knowing I can't get ahead doing so.

However, in not spending, uhhh, they're not getting paid as much either. Or can't justify the spending on XYZ and QOL things... things we want.

• Options
    They made their money on the initial unlock. The most they've made this year. And you still have plenty of relics to buy. See, if they made 1 meta character, you'd relic 1 meta toon- maybe even the team, and be sitting pretty knowing you are one of only six thousand. No need to whale until next meta release. But now, you have an entire roster you need to keep competitive.
    And as far as content pace, well, it's already at a trickle and throwing money at it (relics) didn't seem to help.
  • Options
    No, it didnt. Did it..
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    The game won't last forever, I'd like to enjoy my characters while I can
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    It's nothing but a middle finger to many f2p who can't use crystals to gear and depend of those tokens.