A quick word about Darth micro...

JZ95
167 posts Member
I'm not here to promote the guys video, if you've watched it cool, if not also cool. I get the same feeling that he does, you work so hard to catch up to your goals and the moment you get there the new "expansion" of the bear crunch comes and makes you feel like your roster is devalued. I feel the same way watching the difference between g12+5 characters and g13+ relics (g14). But the things that's so ludicrous about that is the fact that relics and gear 13 have been in the game for such a short amount of time and we're already in the phase where it's recommended gear for a hero event. I'm not so much opposed to having gear expanded, but it doesn't mean we need to expand requirements so vastly so quickly. In fact I'd argue that no hero/legendary event ever should require more than g12+3. If you wanna make money off of it do it wit lh something other than gear, that's our most sensitive spot other than mods, I dread the day when 20+ speed 6d mods are needed for unlocks.

The scariest part is that relics have no end. The concept leaves everything open, what's relics 7? What's relic 77? Or 107? The systems leaves all possibilities open and it's dreadful.

Micro is right about many things, but mostly the feeling that every time you reach the ceiling starts a brand new floor and your entire roster falls behind again but the best part of his video is when he addresses the notion that we need more gear to deal with harder content like Geo TB and a potential ship raid.

First of all can you imagine having to relic 7 a character who's totally useless Justin because he's/she's a good pilot? That's a ton of resources on a character who is never going to be used. But the thing is, you don't have to make content so hard that we require new gear to do it, you can just scale it to the gear we have.

My view is that the disconnect exists when you see how long it takes f2p to get relic 7s and how quickly p2p can do it using packs. Of course these packs cost hundreds of dollars but for some people that's pocket change.

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    um, relics have no end? as opposed to...? was 13 a magic number that could never go to 14 15 16?

if everyone reached the ceiling what kind of game would you have? and you will always need more gear for harder content

and why would you r7 a useless character who's a pilot? either he/she's useful as a pilot or not.

these complaints don't make sense to me
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    um, relics have no end? as opposed to...? was 13 a magic number that could never go to 14 15 16?

if everyone reached the ceiling what kind of game would you have? and you will always need more gear for harder content

and why would you r7 a useless character who's a pilot? either he/she's useful as a pilot or not.

these complaints don't make sense to me

Shhh