Gac focused rosters

Saada
664 posts Member
See what's happened recently is what I thought would happen.
kk0te6oj1zr4.png

In my current group I have faced all of them in either of my last two groups and the guy I've got first is the one I just played in the last gac.

This has been the theme since my top 60 characters have a huge gp and there must be only a few within my league/gp range that are similar so I get a lot of the same matched which isn't that fun since strategies are harder to surprise your opponent with and how can it be a championship when I only verse 20 or so people out of hundreds of thousands.

Replies

• So, what is the question? Or you just bragging?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Well, hurry up to the next division.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    So, what is the question? Or you just bragging?

Umm. Just putting out there for cg to think about hopefully and come up with a solution, not really after comments.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Saada wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    So, what is the question? Or you just bragging?

Umm. Just putting out there for cg to think about hopefully and come up with a solution, not really after comments.

No solution needed, nothing is broken.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    When cg say there is a tiny chance of versing someone again in gac but I seem to have the same people all the time, shows there is something wrong you tool.
  • Would you prefer beating on the small fish?
    There are clearly only this many rosters that are similar to yours.

Either move up to the next division or adjust your expectations.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    All the time?
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    All the time?

Yes I have had this happen in the last gac as well (made a couple friends from versing the same guys lol) but this time around it's nearly the same group each
    time.
    Would you prefer beating on the small fish?

And I can't magically jump to the next group.... Just add another couple hundred thousand gp? Please give me the resources or currency......
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    All the time?

Yes I have had this happen in the last gac as well (made a couple friends from versing the same guys lol) but this time around it's nearly the same group each
    time.
    Would you prefer beating on the small fish?

And I can't magically jump to the next group.... Just add another couple hundred thousand gp? Please give me the resources or currency......

So you play the same ppl... sounds like an advantage since you know them well. It's like an extension of arena.

You're also in a very small percentage where this occurs. Don't expect the world to change based on your unique situation.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Just putting it out there mate. Nothing wrong with that
  • GAC for me is just a question of who has Malak...

Boring.
  • I agree with the op. The current structure is terrible. Go back to total gp and make it feel like a real tournament. Top 2 get a ton of points and move on 3-6 get some and 7 and 8 stay where they are. Eventually the best are playing the best and worst are playing the worst. The first round may have some blowouts, but it’s more fun to get a real idea of how good you are and gives you something to work for.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Well, hurry up to the next division.

This is also happening to people in Div 1. The bigger spenders in TI and MAW for example are apparently just playing each other on a loop in GAC and although they have the best rosters in the game they will likely never get near the top of the rankings because their battles are much harder to maintain high banner wins in.

GAS is also massively skewing the match making due to his massive single character GP. Given there's only ~6000 and a lot of people that unlocked him are seeing at least 4 or 5 others in their GA match-ups.

That's all fine and it is what it is - and probably beneficial for the majority of players. But it does make GAC more boring and frustrating for some of those that have the most highly developed rosters in each division.
  • GAC for me is just a question of who has Malak...

Boring.

That’s just about everyone now, right!!? Briefly...
  • My roster is extremely top heavy and it doesn't have any impact on my matchmaking. My 9 g13s still get pitted against g11-12 rosters. For the record I do want better matchmaking. As it is now there is literally no challenge.
  • Oh look, a whale getting matched with other whales and now complaining about being matched with equal oponents in a game mode that is supposed to be a challenging competition.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Oh look, a whale getting matched with other whales and now complaining about being matched with equal oponents in a game mode that is supposed to be a challenging competition.

You sir are a tool.

I've been matched with similar rosters throughout all of the gac's so that hasn't been an issue but now I'm versing the same people over and over when it's meant to be a championship with I dunno.... thousands of competitors.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I've been matched with similar rosters throughout all of the gac's so that hasn't been an issue but now I'm versing the same people over and over when it's meant to be a championship with I dunno.... thousands of competitors.
    It's a tournament that tries to match broadly comparable rosters. If you have achieved a roster strength that few others can match then kudos to you but the downside is that your pool of potential opponents is going to be rather small.

• My roster is extremely top heavy and it doesn't have any impact on my matchmaking. My 9 g13s still get pitted against g11-12 rosters. For the record I do want better matchmaking. As it is now there is literally no challenge.

I think this is the perfect example of why a true tournament based on total gp makes sense. May be a joke in round 1, but as it goes it gets better matches. Get rid of feats too. What a joke they are
  • Saada wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Oh look, a whale getting matched with other whales and now complaining about being matched with equal oponents in a game mode that is supposed to be a challenging competition.

You sir are a tool.

I wonder why Magnus Carlsen is facing the same GM's over and over again...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Mol9961 wrote: »
    My roster is extremely top heavy and it doesn't have any impact on my matchmaking. My 9 g13s still get pitted against g11-12 rosters. For the record I do want better matchmaking. As it is now there is literally no challenge.

I think this is the perfect example of why a true tournament based on total gp makes sense. May be a joke in round 1, but as it goes it gets better matches. Get rid of feats too. What a joke they are

That's a fair point, and it would actually mirror most real world tournaments in the sense that the worst players of a division might get pitted against the best at the very start. It's the best solution and it's how humanity has done tournaments for, I presume, a very long time, probably for as long as we've done tournaments. I don't see why swgoh should be different. Also feats are fine I like doing them, but they shouldn't have any effect on your championship score. It completely defeats the purpose of having a championship to begin with.