Replay malak event. It gives shards [MERGE]

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Where's the new complaints though? All we get are reskinned complaints now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CG, you previously stated your belief that engagement = success. I bet you had higher engagement than expected on the returning Malak event... amiright? 💁🏻‍♂️
  • CAM24 wrote: »
    CG, you previously stated your belief that engagement = success. I bet you had higher engagement than expected on the returning Malak event... amiright? 💁🏻‍♂️

No they'll claim that the make good is a success because they had so many forum posts. They are almost all negative but they won't see that part.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    We flagged the team, but it is currently 3am there. It seems like a bug, but we wont hear anything about this for a few hours.
    kyno
    Why does CG release events in the middle of the night? Seems like it'd be in everyone's best interest to release them during morning work hours after they had their coffee so the can shut down or fix events like this that have problems.

Because this is a global game and events like this run on local time. There is no single time that would work for everyone.

And yet they have no issue doing it for tb, tw, or gac.....

Next excuse plz
  • I'm basically f2p I drop 10/WK on this game been playing for 4 years love this game. Hate this company all they care about is money. We have have a great guild. Our entire guild is ready to drop out tired of this ****. Mobile Gamer is right better start horrding
  • I'm basically f2p I drop 10/WK on this game been playing for 4 years love this game. Hate this company all they care about is money. We have have a great guild. Our entire guild is ready to drop out tired of this ****. Mobile Gamer is right better start horrding

Or just find a new hobby. I'm seriously considering that one. This kind of **** needs to end.
  • People who are complaining are either naive or have not played long enough. If something looks TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE then wait. Keep your credit card in your wallet. It had happened in the past and this was how they dealt with it. If you spent money then go to google or apple, and get your money back.

Maybe some of us are complaining because if we don't, cg will think this kind of behavior is acceptable. It isn't. They promised 150 malak shards as a reward. That is what they need to deliver.

• Darth_Flaccid
    34 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    People who are complaining are either naive or have not played long enough. If something looks TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE then wait. Keep your credit card in your wallet. It had happened in the past and this was how they dealt with it. If you spent money then go to google or apple, and get your money back.

Maybe some of us are complaining because if we don't, cg will think this kind of behavior is acceptable. It isn't. They promised 150 malak shards as a reward. That is what they need to deliver.

Exactly. These types of business strategies are awful. You messed up. Refund our $$ for upgrading the 7* Malak you awarded. And the fact that Kyno specifically refuses to answer my questions says it all. Spineless. Can’t take responsibility. Must feel great. The $$ spent was also to acknowledge that CG might have done something to help the majority of players who didn’t have Malak 7*. I felt justified to spend the money because I felt CG paid attention to the base. I hope I am not wrong in the end.

Edit: The purchases in question was a G12 gear pack, crystals to buy the pieces for gear him to 13 that weren’t in the packs, and the Shaak Ti finisher pack because Malak used most of them. ~$150-170. Just refund that and all is good. I will save up, like I was planning to do, for those pieces. I wouldn’t have had to spend the $$ if the Malak shards were never awarded. If you take that back, then rectify all of it.
  • People who are complaining are either naive or have not played long enough. If something looks TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE then wait. Keep your credit card in your wallet. It had happened in the past and this was how they dealt with it. If you spent money then go to google or apple, and get your money back.

Exactly. These types of business strategies are awful. You messed up. Refund our $$ for upgrading the 7* Malak you awarded. And the fact that Kyno specifically refuses to answer my questions says it all. Spineless. Can’t take responsibility. Must feel great. The $$ spent was also to acknowledge that CG might have done something to help the majority of players who didn’t have Malak 7*. I felt justified to spend the money because I felt CG paid attention to the base. I hope I am not wrong in the end.

From their response you were wrong.
  • Mikek
    110 posts Member
    I really like their solution. Its 100% fair to everyone.

It’s reasonable that people feel angry about this. However it’s not the first time they messed up. In a week everyone will have forgotten it and move on.

Considering our guild leader is quitting and no one wants to take over because most of the more serious players are also leaning towards quitting, this may not blow over so quickly if my guild is any indication.
  • Mikek
    110 posts Member
    What did you guys expect? That they will give for free something that others have to grind for many months? And if someone is quiting becouse of this then go ahead. If your bank accidentaly put money on your account that are not yours, they will also take them back. And you will actually go to prison if you spend them. Here you will even receive a small gift for basicaly same thing.
  • newbornFL wrote: »
    calm down you hyperactive mug.

Probably a bug.

That’s a pretty astronomical bug if people are getting another 145 shards.

Not a bug. Just got sloppy and didnt check the coding before releasing the event again.
  • I wait until september to see how they will simplify gearing.

If it's not simply enough with the last event (relic, general skywalker, event malak bug), I will leave the game.
  • It sounds like they’ve gone for the least worst option here.
    A bit of shard shop currency is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things.

Absolute wrecking the key economy That underlies the 2 current meta teams was never gonna happen.
  • There are multiple aspects that they may or may not be looking at. During the replay of the event. The event was harder. So some people may have had to up gear of toons requireded in event in order to complete event. So that they were able to able to obtain said shards to promote malak. As a player I didn't do anything to cause this "bug" my account shouldn't be rolled back because of an issue I had no hand in. This was a technical issue caused be cg let the "eat it" im sure the can afford to
  • Are all new Malaks being taken? Even fresh unlocks of just the normal amount of shards?
  • Sithhappening
    57 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    No one seems to get what is happening here.

Lots of us who did not exploit this are now losing massively in arena against all those who got Malak to 7* by way of this mistake.

Give us all that opportunity to make it fair again

I suspect many of us will quit this game now if EA do not immediately level everything up. Give us all 7* Malak now and refund GET to all those who spent it on Malak shards. I see no fairer solution.

No doubt I will get trolled for suggesting this.
  • Honestly, if you jumped on this bandwagon not expecting this. You only fooled yourself. While I still did it I was fully aware they would not let this stand. CG is heavy handed in how they deal with players and "exploits" we all saw this was not intended and we did it anyway. I know I was as excited as a kid in a candy store since my DM was at 0/100
  • Sithhappening
    57 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Why are none of you pointing out how much damage has now been done in arena ?

Taking back shards on Monday will not compensate for all this damage
  • Refunds requested from Apple. That’ll be the last money I ever spend on this game. And if I hadn’t spent $600+ in the past 6 months I’d probably uninstall the game now.
  • This game is finished

EA are no better than vandals and bandits

They have taken millions in misrepresentation and they have destroyed a fantastic legacy

EA I hope you are happy in your greed and dishonesty
  • And refund granted. Thanks for nothing CG. The last of my money you’re (almost) getting. Can’t even tempt me with your $7.99 galactic upgrade pack that I normally love to buy.
  • I want a refund on the 100s I have spent on this game to date that have now been voided by all those who profited by this mistake being able to ruin my arena ranking.

Give us all 7* Malak and refund all GET for those who bought shards and give us all 10,000 crystals and you may, but only just, stop most folk quitting this bug ridden game you have destroyed
  • This game is finished

They have taken millions in misrepresentation and they have destroyed a fantastic legacy

And refund granted. Thanks for nothing CG. The last of my money you’re (almost) getting. Can’t even tempt me with your $7.99 galactic upgrade pack that I normally love to buy.

There isn’t a law to say what they are doing is unlawful. However, you can disagree or agree through your actions. Know what I mean? Show them who’s boss.

There are literally laws that protect us gamers in these situations.
  • Mitch08 wrote: »
    This game is finished

And refund granted. Thanks for nothing CG. The last of my money you’re (almost) getting. Can’t even tempt me with your $7.99 galactic upgrade pack that I normally love to buy.

There isn’t a law to say what they are doing is unlawful. However, you can disagree or agree through your actions. Know what I mean? Show them who’s boss.

There are literally laws that protect us gamers in these situations.

WELL SAID MITCH