Replay malak event. It gives shards [MERGE]

Replies

• Just doing my part in getting us to 200 threads on the same topic. I unlocked him before the event was taken down. Yay me! And I get 250 crystals? Yay me! Lol

And you and those like you is why the only option is to give us all 7* Malak, refund all GET spent on Malak and we all get 10,000 crystals

Anything different will be unjust
  • Taking Malak shards away doesn’t make up for all the damage this has done to us who didn’t get them

EA you suck big time and I will never buy anything from you **** again
  • Player since March 2016... until yesterday. It's a fun game for new players. Just be prepared to never move up in the ranks unless you want to shell out major cash. Real cash. Cash that could've made a lasting impact in your life. The developers make mistakes constantly and never own them. All the player base ever gets is a trite apology and empty promises to do better. I love Star Wars, but this game turns Star Wars into something it shouldn't be. A drug to drain you dry. I hope others wake up like I did.
  • Trank you very much for this Dumb decision. I just reported to my Apple Account to reimburse my last payment.

You just lost another Customer. Well, you dont care anyway, so kthxbye
  • Absolute bunch of **** peddlers . I’d like refunds please. Looks like I’ll be talking to
    Apple about getting a refund on all the money I’ve wasted on this game over the years. My time Is finally over and good **** riddance to this cluster ****.

CG / EA are as unscrupulous as it’s gets.
  • Lol....like we are supposed to believe that people who didn’t get Malak until the third release suddenly whaled out and spent real money on their ill-gotten 7*? The hissy fits are hilarious.
  • So all the people who had Malak at less than 150 shards short get their Malak restored to where he was before and get no shards in return because they did both sides of the event successful.
    Guess no matter how CG tries to handle this there will always be losers.

And the spiral continues that now after Malak the General Skywalker is breaking the current meta .. when is the next char coming that breaks the Skywalker Meta? And after that ... This game has a conceptual flaw for pvp. But it is that which earns them $€$€$€.
  • Maybe some of us are complaining because if we don't, cg will think this kind of behavior is acceptable. It isn't. They promised 150 malak shards as a reward. That is what they need to deliver.
    No. No, they did not. They promised nothing of the sort, and you know it. You're just puffing up and being obstinate. This was a bug, not a promise. They fixed the bug.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Maybe some of us are complaining because if we don't, cg will think this kind of behavior is acceptable. It isn't. They promised 150 malak shards as a reward. That is what they need to deliver.
    No. No, they did not. They promised nothing of the sort, and you know it. You're just puffing up and being obstinate. This was a bug, not a promise. They fixed the bug.

The rewards said 75 malak shards. That is a communication of what the rewards are. They say it was a bug but that is on them. I beat the event for the posted rewards. Taking them away now is wrong.
  • Why is anyone except Kyno taking EA/CG’s side on this one? I really don’t get it.
  • This game will not get another penny from me totally ruined overpriced game aimed at a few whales. Malak event was a bug now people being penalised for a mistake that wasn't their fault.
  • The rewards said 75 malak shards. That is a communication of what the rewards are. They say it was a bug but that is on them. I beat the event for the posted rewards. Taking them away now is wrong.
    A bug is not a promise. It's a bug. And you know it full well.

You're just whinging without a leg to stand on.
    Still not a he.
    The rewards said 75 malak shards. That is a communication of what the rewards are. They say it was a bug but that is on them. I beat the event for the posted rewards. Taking them away now is wrong.
    A bug is not a promise. It's a bug. And you know it full well.

You're just whinging without a leg to stand on.

So cg shouldn't be responsible for the content they post. There are many examples people have already posted about stores marking things at the wrong price and still honoring it because it was their error.

Whether this is legally required probably depends on the area you live in. But it is at the very least poor customer service to not make it right. And 250 crystals in exchange for 150 malak shards does not make it right.

It is at the very least poor customer service and possibly legally theft (though that would depend on the laws of a particular area and on judicial interpretation). Not a good place to put themselves in.

And for what? Do they really lose that much by letting people keep malak shards because of their mistake. It may actually buy them some goodwill. I actually thought it was an olive branch for the gas controversy when I first saw it. I was happy as were many others I would guess.

Sure some gave sour grapes because they farmed malak sooner and could have gotten it easier by waiting. But that is much more defensible than this plan. One, you always pay extra to get things sooner. That's the business model. That is no different than a marque that you bought going on an easier than expected node.

You don't have to agree with me but I have laid out why they are screwing the player base over and ultimately themselves. People are quitting the game over this. It may be in their best interest to actually start caring about how their decisions impact the player base.

Even if taking malak shards back doesn't meet the legal definition of theft(and it could very well. But I doubt there will be a suit to test that), it feels like theft to a large number of players who got malak shards only to have cg say our bad. But you're screwed. Not a good way to run your game.

Will the exodus be enough to break the game. Maybe maybe not. But if they keep up this level of customer service, it will eventually be the end of this game.

I've laid out my arguements as to why this is bad. Feel free to disagree but be specific as to why this is a great idea. If you can't come up with reasons, it's probably because you have no leg to stand on.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Do they really lose that much by letting people keep malak shards because of their mistake. It may actually buy them some goodwill.

150 Malak shards = 57,000 GET.

57,000 GET = 1,187.5 stun gun salvage or 23.75 fully crafted stun gun prototypes.

23.75 stun gun prototypes x 1,300 (the cost of 1 in Whale-Mart) = 30,875.

30,875 crystals costs nearly $200.

What if 5,000 players got him. That’s a very low estimate. That’s a third of how many got him on the first pass, and less than how many got G$. That would be accidentally giving away $1,000,000 in free stuff.

$1,000,000 (or drastically more)>goodwill.

Additionally, all the players who already paid the high price (and when I say high I mean absurdly, insultingly, infuriatingly, miserably, frustratingly, rage-quit inducingly high), should take it as a personal insult to their honor if CG just started handing out $200 to everyone but them for free and told them to go suck it.

• Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    We flagged the team, but it is currently 3am there. It seems like a bug, but we wont hear anything about this for a few hours.
    kyno
    Why does CG release events in the middle of the night? Seems like it'd be in everyone's best interest to release them during morning work hours after they had their coffee so the can shut down or fix events like this that have problems.

Because this is a global game and events like this run on local time. There is no single time that would work for everyone.

Yeah but they could launch at a time that would work for them. If they launched the event in the morning when they’re in the office as opposed to UTC it would actually allow for them to avoid these things. You’re better than that. Stop making excuses when there are none.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    We flagged the team, but it is currently 3am there. It seems like a bug, but we wont hear anything about this for a few hours.
    kyno
    Why does CG release events in the middle of the night? Seems like it'd be in everyone's best interest to release them during morning work hours after they had their coffee so the can shut down or fix events like this that have problems.

Because this is a global game and events like this run on local time. There is no single time that would work for everyone.

Except they specifically said they were going to start running events when they were in the office....

I believe they only stated that about new events.

Obviously they can’t be trusted to run ANY event when they are not in the office.
  • Finally gotten to the end of this thread, or multiples since they have been merged and I must say a big and genuine THANK YOU to everyone who has posted here .... Its been a great ready and watching the attitudes change around the times of the announcements. I will split it into 3 parts, before the first announcement, between the 1st and the fix announcement and after the fix announcement

Firstly about the event. This event was set up to be re playable, It didn't disappear after you completed it like the Journeys and Legendary ones before it. I completed it the 2nd time, I will not claim to be F2P since I have spend on this game but my few $100 are no where near whale status. Just a "hard" working player that gets most events the 2nd time, and was not surprised to see it be playable again. The biggest indication that this was a "bug" was the fact it reset the stars i had gotten last time, clearly visible on the front of the event. I completed the DS version as I wanted to make sure I get 3 stars in every event (my issues) and I only got 2 last time. When I got the rewards I thought this isn't right and checked why. Since i got my Malak to 7 stars at the end of the last TB I would have been annoyed, but its a mobile game I play for fun so not really a big issue. I completed both sides, as was my intention due to being playable content that i could have fun with and got the shard shop currency. When they re launch it I will be playing it again for the 3 stars and because I can.

The people that claimed this was WAI and happy for the first part. It was never WAI and deep down you will have known this. The fact it said "First time" and the shards were highlighted in green was a dead giveaway. The people that either worked hard or spent to get him early, "the originals" have every right to be upset at this, claiming they have their "rewards" for dominating arena really doesn't work and claiming it is grasping at straws. Claiming this was a "free gift" shows at best a limited understanding of how they game has been run since it started.

The middle where the tables turn and the people previously claiming its WAI and fair are now the ones upset and complaining, while the "originals" are saying it would be fair to remove the extra shards. The solution to offer free GET to all the players effected is short sighted, GET and by extension GET MK2 are the most limited currency's in the game, right along with zeta's as they cannot be purchased with real world money. Flooding the community with that much at once would damage the in-game economy.

Part 3 is where the people come out claiming how bad the game and start quoting laws that while may apply in there area, they are not global. Those that spend crystals on pack and gear will still have their gear after the fix is rolled out so no claim there. You purchased a product based on speculation and now claiming its not fit for purpose (one of the laws in my area) is also untrue. the gear can be used on multiple characters in the game, the only possible exception is the gl12 finisher as they are character specific in its final form. They have not engaged in any "shady" practice other than not fixing a bug in the middle of the night. And this is a bug, could have been in the code or the fact G$ reset all the player data for epic events.

Once again a big and genuine THANK YOU to all the people here for allowing me to read this over the course of a few days and hope you all find what you want out of this
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    Do they really lose that much by letting people keep malak shards because of their mistake. It may actually buy them some goodwill.

57,000 GET = 1,187.5 stun gun salvage or 23.75 fully crafted stun gun prototypes.

What if 5,000 players got him. That’s a very low estimate. That’s a third of how many got him on the first pass, and less than how many got G$. That would be accidentally giving away $1,000,000 in free stuff.

Additionally, all the players who already paid the high price (and when I say high I mean absurdly, insultingly, infuriatingly, miserably, frustratingly, rage-quit inducingly high), should take it as a personal insult to their honor if CG just started handing out $200 to everyone but them for free and told them to go suck it.

You got your value with the shard currency. Taking shards that did not go to shard currency at 150 malek shards is 213.88 US dollar conversion and taking those shards from anyone in game is paramount to theft of that value to someone today. If this take months to resolve through any sort of action the tvm will rise and rise so what could be 1 million today could be 2-5 million in no time at all.

You do realize they can invent new gear and other ways to grind to continue to make more money almost indefinitely if they keep players happy.

And given that you can't actually buy tge shards with crystals, they lose no actual future purchases by giving out malak shards to those that beat the event again.

So, as a business decision, the goodwill is worth far more than the malak shards. They can simply add another relic tier 6 months down the road to make up for the extra gear that people would get for free.

But if you believe that they want to alleviate the gear crunch a little (as they have said they do), then the end result of this is people that got malak can use the get they would save on gear.

So from the decision they made, it seems like the lip service on relieving the gear crunch was bull as well. I'm tired of taking their words at face value. I defended them when people complained about relics saying wait and see.

Well we've waited an from what I've seen the devs are doing their best to milk the whales before they kill the game with no regard for the long-term health of the game or the player base.

I hope I'm wrong and the devs change course after seeing the backlash. But I'm doubtful they will after they have ignored it all weekend. They obviously don't care enough to respond before monday if then.
  • Chewy88 wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »

You got your value with the shard currency. Taking shards that did not go to shard currency at 150 malek shards is 213.88 US dollar conversion and taking those shards from anyone in game is paramount to theft of that value to someone today. If this take months to resolve through any sort of action the tvm will rise and rise so what could be 1 million today could be 2-5 million in no time at all.

It isn’t theft to fix an error. If a computer glitch causes extra money to accidentally be put in your bank account then the bank takes it away. That isn’t theft because it was never yours. If YOU keep it then YOU committed theft.

I know they are overcharging for Malak, and everyone who still has to pay out a crazy amount of GET (like the rest of us did) is butt hurt that he isn’t free. Just don’t try to twist reality. CG made a bonehead mistake, but it wasn’t theft.

You do realize they can invent new gear and other ways to grind to continue to make more money almost indefinitely if they keep players happy.

And given that you can't actually buy tge shards with crystals, they lose no actual future purchases by giving out malak shards to those that beat the event again.

So, as a business decision, the goodwill is worth far more than the malak shards. They can simply add another relic tier 6 months down the road to make up for the extra gear that people would get for free.

But if you believe that they want to alleviate the gear crunch a little (as they have said they do), then the end result of this is people that got malak can use the get they would save on gear.

So from the decision they made, it seems like the lip service on relieving the gear crunch was bull as well. I'm tired of taking their words at face value. I defended them when people complained about relics saying wait and see.

Well we've waited an from what I've seen the devs are doing their best to milk the whales before they kill the game with no regard for the long-term health of the game or the player base.

I hope I'm wrong and the devs change course after seeing the backlash. But I'm doubtful they will after they have ignored it all weekend. They obviously don't care enough to respond before monday if then.

You do realize that adding new gear/relic tiers requires work right? They have to keep their artificially contrived meta in place to force whales who want to stay on top to buy what CG wants them to buy. Characters don’t increase identically in power in relationship to each other when gear is added due to complex kits and individual damage multipliers on abilities and any number of other things. They aren’t going to hand out potentially millions of dollars AND make work for themselves designing the next set of gear/relic progression when they can reset the error, and make the parts that can’t be reset even by handing out a tiny amount of shard shop currency and a token amount of crystals.

And NO the goodwill of people who got free Malak shards this time is NOT worth millions. It is irrelevant compared to the rage of all the big spenders at the tip of the spear who already paid, and would feel cheated. They would HAVE to give out millions of dollars worth of free gear to all those people to make it even or they would be infuriating the only people they actually care about keeping content, the sea life.

What CG is going to do is a perfectly fair way to fix their boneheaded mistake. The rage over it is silly. But I understand it. I don’t think it actually has anything to do with this situation.

They lied to us about reducing the need for old gear with Kyros. They kept gear tables miserable, and added 300-500 kyros to new characters which is horrible. Then they added 100 kyros to everyone AND included older hard to get gear in a single 250 piece recipe for g13. Then they dumped relics on us which is like several gear levels all at once, and requires huge amounts of crystal to refresh cantina and MORE hard to get older gear at the top end. They have made all new characters a horrible, miserable nightmare to gear, and they dumped multiple new progression systems on us back to back. The amount they have done to ease older gear grind is pitiful and insulting. And they make it worse by requiring 68,400 GET to star up the new toy effectively eliminating GET as a gear source. The people I talk to who haven’t quit are burned out, and not enjoying themselves because the grind is too heavy. In that environment, this Malak mistake is getting blown out of proportion because so many are already feeling milked and lied to and mad that they perceive something they use to enjoy is being ruined. This situation is bringing out all the pent up anger.

But the solution proposed to just let the mistake stand, and/or hand out GET is silly, and not a viable solution. It doesn’t serve us long term anyhow. A better one is that the devs ACTUALLY IMPROVE THE ECONOMY. Let Kyros, relics, and g12 pieces be the main gates, and drastically ease up the flow of lower gear. And if a character requires 15 g12-reliced characters (more like 20-25 if you count legendary characters being needed) then give us the character AT 7* SO WE CAN ACTUALLY HAVE FUN WITH THEM IMMEDIATELY. We’ve suffered enough at that point. We should get to enjoy the payoff.

THAT will fix the problem long term in a controlled, organized way. Not this haphazard band-aid solution people are irrationally crying for because they are burned out and disappointed. Will CG actually make those improvements. I don’t believe they will. But we will see.
  • WorrGod1977
    22 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I am someone who has spent over $42k on this game over 4 years since release. I whale hard spend a couple hundred a week and paid about $550 to get my malak and I dont give a sh** if was a glitch, or intentional who cares doesn't affect me in any way. Those of us who pay will always be top in shard and always get new characters 1st time go. Its about time CG threw F2P a bone to keep the community thriving instead of imploding. Just my 2 cents.
    JacenRoe wrote: »

You do realize that adding new gear/relic tiers requires work right? They have to keep their artificially contrived meta in place to force whales who want to stay on top to buy what CG wants them to buy. Characters don’t increase identically in power in relationship to each other when gear is added due to complex kits and individual damage multipliers on abilities and any number of other things. They aren’t going to hand out potentially millions of dollars AND make work for themselves designing the next set of gear/relic progression when they can reset the error, and make the parts that can’t be reset even by handing out a tiny amount of shard shop currency and a token amount of crystals.

And NO the goodwill of people who got free Malak shards this time is NOT worth millions. It is irrelevant compared to the rage of all the big spenders at the tip of the spear who already paid, and would feel cheated. They would HAVE to give out millions of dollars worth of free gear to all those people to make it even or they would be infuriating the only people they actually care about keeping content, the sea life.

What CG is going to do is a perfectly fair way to fix their boneheaded mistake. The rage over it is silly. But I understand it. I don’t think it actually has anything to do with this situation.

They lied to us about reducing the need for old gear with Kyros. They kept gear tables miserable, and added 300-500 kyros to new characters which is horrible. Then they added 100 kyros to everyone AND included older hard to get gear in a single 250 piece recipe for g13. Then they dumped relics on us which is like several gear levels all at once, and requires huge amounts of crystal to refresh cantina and MORE hard to get older gear at the top end. They have made all new characters a horrible, miserable nightmare to gear, and they dumped multiple new progression systems on us back to back. The amount they have done to ease older gear grind is pitiful and insulting. And they make it worse by requiring 68,400 GET to star up the new toy effectively eliminating GET as a gear source. The people I talk to who haven’t quit are burned out, and not enjoying themselves because the grind is too heavy. In that environment, this Malak mistake is getting blown out of proportion because so many are already feeling milked and lied to and mad that they perceive something they use to enjoy is being ruined. This situation is bringing out all the pent up anger.

But the solution proposed to just let the mistake stand, and/or hand out GET is silly, and not a viable solution. It doesn’t serve us long term anyhow. A better one is that the devs ACTUALLY IMPROVE THE ECONOMY. Let Kyros, relics, and g12 pieces be the main gates, and drastically ease up the flow of lower gear. And if a character requires 15 g12-reliced characters (more like 20-25 if you count legendary characters being needed) then give us the character AT 7* SO WE CAN ACTUALLY HAVE FUN WITH THEM IMMEDIATELY. We’ve suffered enough at that point. We should get to enjoy the payoff.

THAT will fix the problem long term in a controlled, organized way. Not this haphazard band-aid solution people are irrationally crying for because they are burned out and disappointed. Will CG actually make those improvements. I don’t believe they will. But we will see.

Agree to disagree I guess. I agree with you that there are a lot of burnt out players that are on the verge of quitting over this. I'm one of them.

The solutions you suggest take time. And they need a gesture of goodwill to make disillusioned players actually believe they are going to fix the issues you described.

Yes, it may create work later on but tgat work is able to be paid for by people playing the game. And if they don't patch the hole in their ship that players are bailing out of, by the time they implement the fixes you are suggesting, they won't have enough players left to keep the game going.
  • I am someone who has spent over $42k on this game over 4 years since release. I whale hard spend a couple hundred a week and paid about $550 to get my malak and I dont give a sh** if was a glitch, or intentional who cares doesn't affect me in any way. Those of us who pay will always be top in shard and always get new characters 1st time go. Its about time CG threw F2P a bone to keep the community thriving instead of imploding. Just my 2 cents.

Thank you. Glad not everyone that pays to be on top is completely tone def to the issues of ftp players.
  • Taking back extra shards is a bad idea.

I thought they had added the rewards there on purpose. It actually made since for a number of reasons.

1. People were mad that they have to use get currency to finish up gas. I assumed they would also be doing the same with gas giving players a choice of either using the get of waiting until next time to 7 star.

2. This would ease the gear crunch allowing players that were hoarding get to use it on gear. They suggested they were interested in doing that.

3. This would encourage further development of characters needed for these events. Beating it once with undergeared toons is hard enough but twice or 3 times would be not worth it when you can just gear up the toons.

4. It rewards players with shard shop currency that have the team to continously do the event.

5. It hurts no one. Those that used get to 7 star malak got him there sooner. Getting things sooner costs more.

So with all that in mind, I was happy with the choice. Now they are taking it away. Shame on you cg. It was your mistake, just let the people keep the shards. Better yet, leave it alone and claim it's a qol update.
  • Most of these people that are CG apologists are probably company accounts like the fake twitter accounts of politicians. No matter what the company does they suck up to the results or excuses CG offers.
  • I am someone who has spent over $42k on this game over 4 years since release. I whale hard spend a couple hundred a week and paid about $550 to get my malak and I dont give a sh** if was a glitch, or intentional who cares doesn't affect me in any way. Those of us who pay will always be top in shard and always get new characters 1st time go. Its about time CG threw F2P a bone to keep the community thriving instead of imploding. Just my 2 cents.

When you have a hardcore whale like Mr. WorrGod1977 siding with F2P on this whole Malak fiasco, nobody can disagree that CG doesn't give two flying monkeys about the community.

Change our minds now after that post, CG. We double dare you.

P.S. Mad respect for WorrGod1977.
    Maybe some of us are complaining because if we don't, cg will think this kind of behavior is acceptable. It isn't. They promised 150 malak shards as a reward. That is what they need to deliver.

Just curious....

When Airlines post wrong prices on line, and people buy the tickets. They have to honor that.

It was a mistake, yes, and probably a bug as well. I think they are required to uphold it even if so.

Why can't you apply this in this case?