Replay malak event. It gives shards [MERGE]

Replies

• YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Maybe some of us are complaining because if we don't, cg will think this kind of behavior is acceptable. It isn't. They promised 150 malak shards as a reward. That is what they need to deliver.
    No. No, they did not. They promised nothing of the sort, and you know it. You're just puffing up and being obstinate. This was a bug, not a promise. They fixed the bug.

Just curious....

When Airlines post wrong prices on line, and people buy the tickets. They have to honor that.

It was a mistake, yes, and probably a bug as well. I think they are required to uphold it even if so.

Why can't you apply this in this case?

The people who paid full price for those tickets would be upset. To make things fair for all passengers the CG airline would cancel ONLY tickets that were purchased at the incorrect price then give ONLY people who purchased the tickets at full price 57,000 free flying miles.

The CG airline will make a PR statement that in order to treat all customers fairly they are fixing a mistake in pricing and point to how they are giving away free water on Tuesdays at the airport tap water drinking fountain come all down and have a sip. (Airport parking is $35, but the tap water is free!!!)
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Maybe some of us are complaining because if we don't, cg will think this kind of behavior is acceptable. It isn't. They promised 150 malak shards as a reward. That is what they need to deliver.
    No. No, they did not. They promised nothing of the sort, and you know it. You're just puffing up and being obstinate. This was a bug, not a promise. They fixed the bug.

Just curious....

When Airlines post wrong prices on line, and people buy the tickets. They have to honor that.

It was a mistake, yes, and probably a bug as well. I think they are required to uphold it even if so.

The people who paid full price for those tickets would be upset. To make things fair for all passengers the CG airline would cancel ONLY tickets that were purchased at the incorrect price then give ONLY people who purchased the tickets at full price 57,000 free flying miles.

The CG airline will make a PR statement that in order to treat all customers fairly they are fixing a mistake in pricing and point to how they are giving away free water on Tuesdays at the airport tap water drinking fountain come all down and have a sip. (Airport parking is $35, but the tap water is free!!!)

That's a lot of effort and hard to follow. Next time just say "CG only cares about whales and players that 7* Malak - no one else gets free SSC." It's much easier to read and keep track of.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Just curious....

Because you did not DIRECTLY purchase Malak. You purchased crystals. Which can be used for almost anything in-game and not tied directly to the bug/glitch with the event.

That would be akin to saying "I already had an airline ticket, purchased at the correct price, but the drink I bought on-board was listed incorrectly, REFUND MY TICKET!"
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Just curious....

Because you did not DIRECTLY purchase Malak. You purchased crystals. Which can be used for almost anything in-game and not tied directly to the bug/glitch with the event.

That would be akin to saying "I already had an airline ticket, purchased at the correct price, but the drink I bought on-board was listed incorrectly, REFUND MY TICKET!"

No its not... but nice try at strawman argument.

It's actually like buying a airline ticket through a vendor who listed the incorrect price. Technically your not purchasing the ticket directly from the airline but either the airline or the vendor would still honor the mistake in pricing.
    They definitely would not tell you your ticket was purchased incorrectly and take the ticket back when you arrive for the flight.

In this case CG cancelled the ticket and tells the customer there is another plane flying LA to NY in 3 months you can buy a full price ticket for that and wait.
  • will cg just kidding us? I can not get 5000 because I had malak on 7 * and may keep the scrap splitter? but it is really enough. shame on you. I delete the game and you will not get a cent anymore !!!!!!!
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    The same post you are talking about says they are removing the shards.

How easy is it to individually undo things when some people already upgraded their Malak, and potentially upped his gear level? And what if they had him at 7* already, and just got a big stash of shard shop currency which is already spent? How easy is it to go through every account to reset such things?

CG takes “screenshots” of the game every day. So they resort to a “screenshot”, save point, system restore, etc. (Whatever you want to call it) they don’t/won’t need to do anything on an individual player basis. They just go “back into the future” and nothing ever happened... nobody ever beat the event.

Yes, but how easy is it to reset specific things only on accounts that replayed the event, and not reset the other non-glitch activities from that time? It took a long time for them to refund Sith Assassin’s gear after they made her arena irrelevant with the last second tack on Malak ability. And their first attempt at the rollback didn’t work. Lots of players were left out unintentionally so that they had to try again. Anyone who was left our made it known so it could be fixed. How many people who got free stuff will speak up so it can be taken away when CG screws up their first attempt at a fix?

The better example is when they accidentally gave out God mods. They rolled it back to the “screenshot” pretty easily... which they’ll do all over again... pretty easily with the only side affect being drama from the community. Maybe it takes a couple of days. The sith assassin solution obviously wasn’t as pressing of an issue.

Taking away mods is different than... removing some shard, demoting characters, pulling gear off of those characters, and refunding it if they are no longer capable of having that gear, removing some shard shop currency, removing gear that was purchased with that currency, and sorting out which currency and gear was gained legitimately so it can be separated from the gear and currency that was gained from the glitch.

But it’s not difficult to fix like you were saying it is... in fact it is quite easy and will take them one day to fix... two if you count Fri/Monday. Screenshots make the process pretty easy to be honest just like I said and just like they got done saying on their forum post.

This post aged well. :D
  • I'm done I said if my malak was rolled back I was done with this game. Star Wars is awesome this game is awesome the players everyone everyone here is great it's the greed of this company. They make billions off of a great fan base and still can't give in after they make mistake after mistake. Enough is enough. I'm done I'd rather spend the money on a PS4 game and share it with my son. But Capitol Games has made sure that I will no longer support them or any company there are affiliated with including EA. Maybe I'll just continue playing Dragon Champions with everyone else from Star Wars.
    May the force be with you
  • Gushazan wrote: »
    Worth a new thread, this was.

Thanks, this language based joke has been tickling me since I thought about it.

It would have sincerely made my day if that had been the title of the in-game message regarding the issue:

"Starforge Show, Down."

Bugs, blah, blah, blah. Bugs, fix later. Sorry.
    Management

Ahh to dream.

"Starforge Show, Still Down."
  • Apparently you're incapable of CG.

Just leave all the malak and give the 7 * Malaks 57,000 Get1 currency.

But no. You want to be so clever and do not realize how more people are going through it every day?

Pull the ripcord !!! Give them Malak and and the 57,000 GET1 and everyone is happy !!!!