Modding R2 on the CLS Team, forget potency altogether?

I was thinking about the competitiveness of the team being based off of burst damage, Han's shoot first, and speed gain from resisted rebuffs. R2 failing 5 burnings = 25% TM to the team. Add failing the stun and you get more TM given to the real heroes of the team. So maybe just go all out on speed offense protection and health? Forget R2 as anything other than a team TM generator?

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Odds of failing five burnings will be pretty low against most teams, especially with Chewie around.

Don't think you need potency either way with two sources of tenacity down.
  • Only reason you want to use burning is either A- against JKR with Tenacity Up, or B - if it's R2's turn and someone is hidden behind a taunt and low health or exposed from C3PO. Literally the only times I use it. Stun and Smokescreen all the way.
  • No, @HK666 what I am saying is you want to have R2 fail those burnings, correct? The burning damage is nothing compared to failing them and giving tge team 25% TM if they all fail. So basically 0 potency from mods on R2 would make most sense.
  • I like potent r2 since he spreads it around. Don’t need to generate turn meter if han and CLS constantly remove theirs. Its more a personal preference I think.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Depends how many Jawas are on the team.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • My opinion is that your concern is for the wrong status effect. Burning being resisted or not is of little to no consequence. Resisting a stun however could be. To that end, I’m in favor of potency on R2.
  • Turvantus wrote: »
    My opinion is that your concern is for the wrong status effect. Burning being resisted or not is of little to no consequence. Resisting a stun however could be. To that end, I’m in favor of potency on R2.

If the attack is resisted 5x doesn't it give all rebels 25% TM?
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    you are correct that with a zeta lead, 5 resists would mean 25% tm.

BUT, remember what team r2 is on. It holds CLS, C3, Han, Chewbacca. C3PO gives 10-40% potency CLS has a special that inflicts tenacity down. Everytime Chewbacca assists he inflicts tenacity down. Consider that both callers to assist (CLS and Han) have moves that pretty much mean they take two turns in a row, meaning double the chance to inflict tenacity down.

Your best chance for a mass resist is to have R2 move first on your team. Han's Shoot first automatically lowers your resist chances.

So yes, a low potency R2 could get up to 25% tm for his team. But the odds of that actually happening aren't great. I'd question if it'd be worth modding your team around, especially considering that stun on basic is rather useful (or maybe not, with all the immunities going around) and you would just be lowering your odds of that working.

Also, who are you trying to fight these rebels with? Just thinking of a few recent teams off the top of my head, r2s potency probably won't even matter.
    JKR has Yoda- tenacity up
    Padme teams- immune w/prot up
    DR- ferocity lowers tenacity
    GG- actual normal potency check. GG/Magna may have bonus tenacity based off target lock. Droideka may have tenacity up
    GS- Rex brings tenacity up

point is- some teams will almost some form of immunity that tenacity down from chewie may cancel if it hasn't been cleansed yet. Or have low tenacity so your potency is irrelevant
  • Personally, I use zBen with Rebels; thus allowing R2 to stay with RJT. Battles just go so much smoother, as opposed to with Rey (Scav).