Reconciliation plan

Replies

• Ultra wrote: »
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I love people that get so mad when we don't agree with them that they have no choice but to say we are CG plants. It's truly breathtaking.

Thing is, you guys try to defend cg so bad it got to point that your actions went so far in defending them, that every single youtube content creator has made multiple videos about how bad the team is which you defend. So maybe just maybe you need to detach your lips from erik's back side and get real for the 1st time.

You cant just brute force your flaud logic on every single screw up.
    >community hates CG for being greedy
    >community loves game changers for clickbaiting, spreading false information, and causing players of the community to quit for views and money

Content creators aren't gospel

The problem is that you’re really not validating people’s valid frustrations. Many (not all) People spend money on swgoh then have buyers remorse and feel absolutely horrible for spending money. It would be better if they spent money and felt good about their purchase.

Content creators are an echo chamber of the decisions that CG makes. For instance CG has cut off all communication to Game Changers since Carrie has left. Then CG makes their dozen stupid decisions... what do you expect content creators to do? Ignore the low hanging fruit? Media gets more views with negative content as opposed to positive content. That’s just a fact of life. And since you defend CG’s greed it seems like you would equally defend Game changers making money as well.
  • I'm just curious what's going to happen to people who don't check these forums or watch the YouTubers. They might be frantically gearing and modding Malak right now, unaware of this "fix". Gonna be a lot of confused users on Monday.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    EazyJP wrote: »
    This is a complete load of dog Sh!te.

I am a F2P player and have grinded out as best as I can to get my dark and light side teams ready for this event. It's taken me months to prepare for this. Unlocked him yesterday on pure luck of beating the light side part of the event.

Instantly levelled him up to 85, placed 2 Zetas, geared him up to G9 and spent some GET for a few shards. Only to be told about a glitch, a mistake that YOU (CG) have made that will now result in reverting things to before the event started.

Will I get my gear, credits, Zetas and GET back? What if I'm not so lucky this time and cannot beat the event. We are made to suffer for your mistakes. And quite frankly, I don't want to try and sweat this event out again. It was a real challenge. We already have to grind out 70k worth of GET to get him 7*, in which I currently have 30k saved.

Players who have beat the event gaining extra shards from your glitch deserve it. Not everyone has G13 R7 to breeze through the event a second time. It was a mistake, a one off. It won't happen again. Let the lucky players who exploited this glitch have their extra shards. Even the whales who pour money into the game, the drop rates suck on those packs, give them a treat and let them keep what they earned.

The past couple of months have really shown a lot of negativity towards the game, many long time players leaving and lots of posts showing hate towards the devs decisions. I have played the game since August 2017 and feel that this is my tipping point. Ive never used the forums, but this 'Reconciliation plan' has REALLY F%£CKED me off.

You can keep your 250 crystals and shove them up your A$$

tl;dr Into the thrash it goes

what-cant-go-into-the-trash-think-before-you-toss.jpg

This isn't a complaint thread, but an appreciation thread. Please don't ruin our party, and protest elsewhere. A F2P who wouldn't accept free crystals was a good laugh to my morning

If people aren't allowed to complain in your kiss cg's butt thread, please stop kissing cg's butt in complaint threads.

Or just let people speak their minds in all threads.

No knee **** reaction. Being rationale. Looking at the bight side of things. No uproar. No mentions of wallets closing. No slap in the face. That equals butt kissing and being a shill?

People conflate shilling with people having an opinion that aligns with CG/EA all the time here.

At the same time people conflate complaining with people having an opinion that doesn’t align with CG/EA all the time here.

I used to say the same. That it’s hard to pin down who says what because the fan base is massive. That is seems like all the player base does is complain. Being on the forums for almost 4 years now you get to know names. I too used to rage at every thing that happened or didn’t happen. With time comes experience. It’s all a cycle.

I think player feedback would be more effective if it wasn’t all vitriol or 90 percent of it is.
    I love people that get so mad when we don't agree with them that they have no choice but to say we are CG plants. It's truly breathtaking.

Thing is, you guys try to defend cg so bad it got to point that your actions went so far in defending them, that every single youtube content creator has made multiple videos about how bad the team is which you defend. So maybe just maybe you need to detach your lips from erik's back side and get real for the 1st time.

>community loves game changers for clickbaiting, spreading false information, and causing players of the community to quit for views and money

The problem is that you’re really not validating people’s valid frustrations. Many (not all) People spend money on swgoh then have buyers remorse and feel absolutely horrible for spending money. It would be better if they spent money and felt good about their purchase.

Content creators are an echo chamber of the decisions that CG makes. For instance CG has cut off all communication to Game Changers since Carrie has left. Then CG makes their dozen stupid decisions... what do you expect content creators to do? Ignore the low hanging fruit? Media gets more views with negative content as opposed to positive content. That’s just a fact of life. And since you defend CG’s greed it seems like you would equally defend Game changers making money as well.

There is a huge problem with the media right now so I don’t think that’s the best analogy. It also hasn’t always been the case.

I also don’t believe you have done your hw. Look at the posts ultra has posted. ESP player state of the galaxy or his questions for q and a.
  • I understand those who had Malak 5-7 stars but what about those who scrambled to panic farm so we could participate in the event to unlock him? I spent all the gear and resources I had and put zetas on characters to be ready for the posted date just to experience this? **** CG!!! How do you compensate for that? Completely unfair.

Agreed. But they expect you to just take 250 crystals and shut up. Even though you may have spent 20 times that or even real $ to be ready in time and now the event is delayed for days or weeks.

They could have just let the event ride and caused far less harm. 250 crystals is nothing. If they forked out 10k in crystals it would be more reasonable. Or 10k in crystals worth of gear. Or something somewhat equilivant to what they took away.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    EazyJP wrote: »
    This is a complete load of dog Sh!te.

I am a F2P player and have grinded out as best as I can to get my dark and light side teams ready for this event. It's taken me months to prepare for this. Unlocked him yesterday on pure luck of beating the light side part of the event.

Instantly levelled him up to 85, placed 2 Zetas, geared him up to G9 and spent some GET for a few shards. Only to be told about a glitch, a mistake that YOU (CG) have made that will now result in reverting things to before the event started.

Will I get my gear, credits, Zetas and GET back? What if I'm not so lucky this time and cannot beat the event. We are made to suffer for your mistakes. And quite frankly, I don't want to try and sweat this event out again. It was a real challenge. We already have to grind out 70k worth of GET to get him 7*, in which I currently have 30k saved.

Players who have beat the event gaining extra shards from your glitch deserve it. Not everyone has G13 R7 to breeze through the event a second time. It was a mistake, a one off. It won't happen again. Let the lucky players who exploited this glitch have their extra shards. Even the whales who pour money into the game, the drop rates suck on those packs, give them a treat and let them keep what they earned.

The past couple of months have really shown a lot of negativity towards the game, many long time players leaving and lots of posts showing hate towards the devs decisions. I have played the game since August 2017 and feel that this is my tipping point. Ive never used the forums, but this 'Reconciliation plan' has REALLY F%£CKED me off.

You can keep your 250 crystals and shove them up your A$$

tl;dr Into the thrash it goes

what-cant-go-into-the-trash-think-before-you-toss.jpg

This isn't a complaint thread, but an appreciation thread. Please don't ruin our party, and protest elsewhere. A F2P who wouldn't accept free crystals was a good laugh to my morning

If people aren't allowed to complain in your kiss cg's butt thread, please stop kissing cg's butt in complaint threads.

Or just let people speak their minds in all threads.

No knee **** reaction. Being rationale. Looking at the bight side of things. No uproar. No mentions of wallets closing. No slap in the face. That equals butt kissing and being a shill?

People conflate shilling with people having an opinion that aligns with CG/EA all the time here.

At the same time people conflate complaining with people having an opinion that doesn’t align with CG/EA all the time here.

I used to say the same. That it’s hard to pin down who says what because the fan base is massive. That is seems like all the player base does is complain. Being on the forums for almost 4 years now you get to know names. I too used to rage at every thing that happened or didn’t happen. With time comes experience. It’s all a cycle.

I think player feedback would be more effective if it wasn’t all vitriol or 90 percent of it is.

I don’t disagree with you. I’m also a long time player who’s been around the forums awhile.

I usually ignore the complaints, as I want people to continue supporting and playing this game and feel it’s usually best to let people vent rather than ridicule them when they’re down, angry or not having fun.

Several on this forum like to poke the bear for their own amusement and to me that’s counterproductive and kinda sick.

Ha. Tvf doesn’t even play the game so don’t worry about him lol
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Content creators have themselves to blame for the game changer program ending

MobileGamer making videos that drop rates are rigged while we have statistical evidence, and developer confirmation that they are not

Warrior threatening to CapitalGames with manipulating his audience to hate them and be negative to the company if they don't listen to his childish demands (yes he said that)

Bulldog was lying about his side of the his story while telling his patreons in private that the actual story and how he was at fault and when they leaked that conversation he admitted he still isn't good at manipulating PR -- I'm not sure you remember but within 24 hours everyone went from loving Bulldog to hating Bulldog during the cheating scandal

Content creators have gone on record time and time again, that they are aware that they can manipulate and influence their viewers and have done so. They also know when they are purposely crossing the line, sometimes they would tell others in GC program that this might cause a problem to other GC / its not ok but the content creator in question didn't care

Their lack of professionalism ended the GC program

I like Ahnald, I like CG and, I form my own opinion with the information I have in front of me, and criticize them accordingly
  • Ce retour arrière est un vrai foutage de gueule. Tout ceux qui disent avoir depenser gear et zeta sur les persos, a leur avis , qu'on fait les autres précedemment ? Le seul problème c'est que celà est une simple manne financière qui échappe à EA. Autrement dit, si je perds mon perso, j'arrête ici.
    Il suffisait simplement de s'adapter à l'evenement et le laisser tel quel pour ce personnage. Et pour ceux qui on depensait des cristaux, celà ne change pas grande chose quand c'est des depenses pour des éclats en boutique.

523/5000
    This backtrack is a real foutage mouth. All those who say they have spent gear and zeta on the characters, in their opinion, we do the others previously? The only problem is that it is a mere financial windfall that escapes EA. In other words, if I lose my character, I stop here.
    It was enough to adapt to the event and leave it as it is for this character. And for those who were spending crystals, it does not change much when it is expenses for bursts in shop.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    By the way, this isn't a CapitalGames defend thread. Its an appreciation to the reconciliation goodwill (there's a difference!)

giphy.gif

This gif accurately summarizes how I feel about this plan

There is a huge problem with the media right now so I don’t think that’s the best analogy. It also hasn’t always been the case.

I also don’t believe you have done your hw. Look at the posts ultra has posted. ESP player state of the galaxy or his questions for q and a.

Comparison is quite valid negative news stories get more attention/viewership... overwhelming research says it’s true. And the same thing holds true with swgoh.

To your second point I’ve cut down my interaction on CG’s forums and have zero desire to go through everyone’s posts and grade each post and I’m assuming you don’t either. I simply base my posts on the 30 that I see... not the 300 that I don’t see.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    @leef

DarkHelmet1138 wrote to Ultra:
    It must be very large (sic) to sleep at night defending bait and switch.

CCyrilS wrote:
    Bait and switch is intentional. This was a screw up. Get it right.

DarkHelmet1138 wrote
    There's no proof it was a screw up.

You (leef) replied to DarkHelmet:
    What you're implying is hilarious, truly hilarious.
    You can't honestly think they're sabotaging their own game for what can only be minimal revenue gains ...

You are therefore clearly endorsing the idea of a screw up and rejecting the idea of a bait & switch, because that's the thread to which you're replying. You don't have to personally use the language, it's already there.

As for what I want from you, I don't really care much except that I want to accurately communicate what I'm saying. When you seem to misunderstand, I reply to try to clear up the communication.

The message from me is this:
    It's not hilarious to think this was intentional. People do irrational and self-destructive things all the time. Now, it's unlikely that they knew in advance that the consequences would be so negative, but that doesn't mean they didn't engage in their behavior intentionally every step of the way. Some manager delegates to someone b/c the manager is busy. That's not a scroo up. But that lower-level person doesn't have some piece of information, so they make an intentional decision to go forward with things a certain way. That's not a scroo up. Again, that's intentional. This results in people getting shards, and maybe that was a mistake, but maybe it wasn't. But then some people are outraged and CG, trying desperately to spin things, says it was a mistake. But just because a company says something doesn't make it true, and blaming a "bug" for your own bad choices has happened often enough in the computer world. (I did some professional programming years ago - only a little, but enough to see this "blaming the bug" thing in action). The truth is that we don't know if this was intentional all the way through but regretted after the fact or if it was, indeed, a mistake.

Therefore, when you treat DarkHelmet's comment as laughably unfounded, I disagree. Once you understand that it's not actually impossible that we could have arrived her by intentional decisions on CG's part, then my work here is done.

Feel free to have your own opinion on whether we got here through mistake or intention, but at least grant that we on the outside can't know (with currently available evidence) the difference between post-facto regret and true, unintended mistake.

You're right that there's no actual evidence or proof that this was a mistake. I don't think i said that it not making sense from ea/cg's perspective is proof of it not being intentional.
    I don't see how that makes implying it wasn't a mistake is any less hilarious though, especially when you're accusing ea/cg of making use of "bait and switch" tactics. I´m under the assumption that there has to be intent to gain something when using the bait and switch tactic, which at that point in the discussion was players gearing zaalbar, carth etc. for an less RNG dependent 2nd run. I still stand by that implying that it was intentional in that context is truly hilarious.
    That obviously doesn't rule it being intentional out completely.
    As for desperately trying to spin things, it seems to me some players are desperately trying to spin things to make it look plausible that it was in fact intentional, not the other way around. The scenario you came up with also seems far more unlikely than them just screwing up.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I agree it seems less likely to me, but I don't have any data on exactly how likely it is, so it seemed weird to laugh off someone else's opinion as implausible.

I mean, yeah, I **think** it was unintentional, but I've got no more evidence than the person who thinks it was. Some epistemic humility is called for in such situations.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I agree it seems less likely to me, but I don't have any data on exactly how likely it is, so it seemed weird to laugh off someone else's opinion as implausible.

I mean, yeah, I **think** it was unintentional, but I've got no more evidence than the person who thinks it was. Some epistemic humility is called for in such situations.

but implying malicious intent on the devs part is somehow a-okay?
  • Well, first, I was arguing for something more complicated than that: when multiple people are involved, the intent doesn't have to be "malicious" for it to be an "intentional" bait & switch.

Malicious != Intentional.

So I never read the original comment as saying that CG was being malicious.

But yes, even if someone were to imply malice, there's a difference between saying, "I think there was malice" and "I know that there wasn't malice".

The difference is the difference between asserting an opinion and asserting a fact. DarkHelmet simply said that it wasn't proven that it was a mistake:

If you want that to be laughable, you have to have proof it WAS a "screw up". Do you have that proof? If not, then DarkHelmet's statement is simply true and it's weird to criticize DarkHelmet for making it.
  • If this happened and CG was a more user friendly community driven gaming company, this fix wouldn't go down well but people would be more understanding.

As it is this issue comes on the heels of several controversial game updates that appear to be money grabs more than community driven game expansion. It should be no surprise to anyone that this isn't going to go over well by a large number of players. This is just more fuel for those already getting burned out by questionable design decisions to move over to other games.

In this case they are being penny-wise and pound-foolish.

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Crumb said it is a software bug

TopHat said it was an unintentional consequence. The people that investigated the issue are calling it a screw up should be proof enough
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Well, first, I was arguing for something more complicated than that: when multiple people are involved, the intent doesn't have to be "malicious" for it to be an "intentional" bait & switch.

But yes, even if someone were to imply malice, there's a difference between saying, "I think there was malice" and "I know that there wasn't malice".

The difference is the difference between asserting an opinion and asserting a fact. DarkHelmet simply said that it wasn't proven that it was a mistake:

If you want that to be laughable, you have to have proof it WAS a "screw up". Do you have that proof? If not, then DarkHelmet's statement is simply true and it's weird to criticize DarkHelmet for making it.

I'm laughing at what he's implying, not at his statement that there's no proof. I agree that there's no proof beyond statements made by ea/cg, that's not the laughable par.

Content creators have themselves to blame for the game changer program ending

MobileGamer making videos that drop rates are rigged while we have statistical evidence, and developer confirmation that they are not

Warrior threatening to CapitalGames with manipulating his audience to hate them and be negative to the company if they don't listen to his childish demands (yes he said that)

Bulldog was lying about his side of the his story while telling his patreons in private that the actual story and how he was at fault and when they leaked that conversation he admitted he still isn't good at manipulating PR -- I'm not sure you remember but within 24 hours everyone went from loving Bulldog to hating Bulldog during the cheating scandal

Content creators have gone on record time and time again, that they are aware that they can manipulate and influence their viewers and have done so. They also know when they are purposely crossing the line, sometimes they would tell others in GC program that this might cause a problem to other GC / its not ok but the content creator in question didn't care

Their lack of professionalism ended the GC program

I like Ahnald, I like CG and, I form my own opinion with the information I have in front of me, and criticize them accordingly

Fake News
  • @leef

Okay, then all this was just my misunderstanding. I apologize.
  • This may have been covered elsewhere, but my frustration is with the discrepancy. In the past makegoods have been even. I've only been playing a few years, but this is the first time (to my knowledge) they've been this blatant about favoring the big spenders. Why not just give the crystals and shard currency to all? Those without 7* malak were arguably inconvenience more than anyone else, why do they get less?

Me, I was excited to get Malak finally after grinding my way to the requirements. I'm cool with others having him much sooner based on spending money or having played longer, that's only fair. All good. But to only get 250 crystals for the frustration and letdown of spending months to make it to this moment only to have the rug yanked from under me is really frustrating.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    @leef

Okay, then all this was just my misunderstanding. I apologize.

No need to apologize, haha. It's all good.
  • @Ultra
    TopHat said it was an unintentional consequence.

The people that investigated the issue are calling it a screw up should be proof enough

...and corporations have never been known to make up an excuse when facing a PR disaster. Uh huh.

They can say that if they want. It's still not proof.

I actually (tentatively) accept it in the sense that I do think that's the more likely explanation, but it's weird that you think "someone said something" = "proof"

I don't much care how we got here. I care that we got here at all and I also care what they do going forward.

If someone repeatedly pokes me with a sharp stick, eventually I'm going to move. If they announce that they're doing it on purpose, i will probably move along sooner since I don't need more evidence that the poking will continue. But if they don't tell me out loud, "Hey, I'm gong to keep poking you," then I'm just going to move on after a certain number of pokes, regardless whether it's because of poor quality control of their anti-poking procedures or whether they secretly were intending it all along. I can't look inside their brains, so I just get poked a certain number of times and then walk away.

Im not going to waste my time analyzing the corporate decision making process or quality control deficiencies of CG. I'm just going to count the pokes and walk away when it gets too much. I don't know when that day will come, but I can tell you that the last couple pokes have really got my attention.
    As a seven star Malak owner, getting 2250 shards and 250 crystals, I am giving a thumbs up to the reconciliation plan.

b36.gif

I hope to see more make goods like these in the future.

Too bad you’ll be the only one playing pretty soon pal.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    As a seven star Malak owner, getting 2250 shards and 250 crystals, I am giving a thumbs up to the reconciliation plan.

b36.gif

I hope to see more make goods like these in the future.

Too bad you’ll be the only one playing pretty soon pal.

He's been the only one playing for years now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Well, first, I was arguing for something more complicated than that: when multiple people are involved, the intent doesn't have to be "malicious" for it to be an "intentional" bait & switch.

Thanks for having my back.

TopHat said it was an unintentional consequence. The people that investigated the issue are calling it a screw up should be proof enough

Not when the people investigating it have a strong incentive to spin it as best they can for cg. If an independent investigation determined that it was a bug, that would be evidence.

But having a cg employee say it's a bug really proves nothing.

It really comes down to how much you trust their words based on their actions.

Right now, I trust their words very little.
  • Come on over to Dragon Champions boys, it’s a CG haters paradise