Reconciliation Plan!?

Replies

• Davie96 wrote: »
    DJT1 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks the reconciliation is fair is deluded.
    The shard store currency stays there for 7 star owners, why wouldn’t everyone get the shard currency so it’s equal for the whole player base? Everyone gets 250 gems but 7 star owners get 2250 shard store currency and those without 7 star get no shard store currency...
    It’s black and white unfair

Unless the reconciliation post was worded incorrectly and all players get the 2250 shard store currency, but that’s not how it currently reads

Cheers

Should have gotten 7* the first two times.

cigar_money_burn.jpg

(It does seem a bit odd though)

I was on 20/100 so in the home stretch...don’t mind the shards being reset and gear etc that’s equitable (I don’t pay for gear but can see why those that did would be peeved).

But the fact that having 7 star entitles you to 2250 shard store currency but not having 7 star doesn’t entitle you to it is plain wrong. The whole player base should be left in the same position, not rolling out treats to the favourites

I suppose if you were at 6 star, you would have used those shards to rank Malak up to 7 star.

Yeah but you’re not getting to keep him so the people with seven stars shouldn’t get to keep the shards or get the crystals.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Mitch08 wrote: »
    If they aren't going to refund the money spent for the sole purpose of gearing up malak, then it's time to start disputing the purchases. There's no reason to let them scam you out of your money. Filing disputes is what we have advised our whole alliance to do.

Serious question, do you think you won't be getting Malak again with that gear or something?

Serious answer, there’s time to save the gear up... getting the shards pushed peoples gear requirements up to immediate as opposed to a few months out. Think before you ask. I’m sure you can find the answer if you critically answer that question yourself. Since you’re such a good resource manager and all.
  • Chewy88 wrote: »
    Davie96 wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks the reconciliation is fair is deluded.
    The shard store currency stays there for 7 star owners, why wouldn’t everyone get the shard currency so it’s equal for the whole player base? Everyone gets 250 gems but 7 star owners get 2250 shard store currency and those without 7 star get no shard store currency...
    It’s black and white unfair

Unless the reconciliation post was worded incorrectly and all players get the 2250 shard store currency, but that’s not how it currently reads

Cheers

Should have gotten 7* the first two times.

cigar_money_burn.jpg

(It does seem a bit odd though)

I was on 20/100 so in the home stretch...don’t mind the shards being reset and gear etc that’s equitable (I don’t pay for gear but can see why those that did would be peeved).

But the fact that having 7 star entitles you to 2250 shard store currency but not having 7 star doesn’t entitle you to it is plain wrong. The whole player base should be left in the same position, not rolling out treats to the favourites

I suppose if you were at 6 star, you would have used those shards to rank Malak up to 7 star.

Yeah but you’re not getting to keep him so the people with seven stars shouldn’t get to keep the shards or get the crystals.

Bias distorts the view always, always back self interest chewy!
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ededed wrote: »
    People are misunderstanding the plan. If a person had a 7 star Malak, and didn't redo the event today, will get the full reward. If a person had a 7 star Malak, and redid one side of the event and got shards, will receive half of the shards. If a person had a 7 star Malak, and redid both sides of the event, they already got their shard shop currency.

Actually i think everyone understands that part. What they don't understand is why Only 7* owners get to keep (basically) the 150 bugged shards worth of stuff.
    Not just keep but are being given if they didn't even do it in the first place.

I suppose to balance it out. Anyone that did the event basically already got the currency.
    5* and 6* Malak owners don't get any currency....especially if they didn't participate in the event before CG pulled it. 7* owners get currency regardless. It's not balancing out anything. It's giving a hand out to the players who need it the least.

Honestly, I don't understand how a rational adult could look at the reconciliation plan and think "Yep, that looks fair."

I realize we're basically only talking about 2 full carbantis here - but it's the principle.
    Honestly, I can't see how a rational adult would think its unfair

A 5* and 7* Malak owner both wake up this morning and do.... absolutely nothing in the game. They have a sick child at home, are busy at work. Whatever.
    5* Malak owner gets 250 crystals.
    7* Malak owner gets 250 crystals and 2,250 shard shop currency.

Not sure why this is difficult to understand.

He understands just doesn’t care. CG has his heart in their safe keeping their money nice and chilly.
  • TVF wrote: »
    If they aren't going to refund the money spent for the sole purpose of gearing up malak, then it's time to start disputing the purchases. There's no reason to let them scam you out of your money. Filing disputes is what we have advised our whole alliance to do.

Serious question, do you think you won't be getting Malak again with that gear or something?

I have malak.

Ok then answer for whomever you were complaining for.

People spent money with an objective in mind, with the belief that the money/crystals/gear would immediately be going towards a toon that they recently 7*. Since that wont be happening they have every right to request a refund.

You and Ultra can defend CG day in, day out over every incident if you want, but I'm going to make sure the players who consistently get s*****d by them know that they have options.

Sure, they have every right.

I mean, if they get their Malak three days later, I don't see why it's the end of the world, but ok.

He’s talking about the people that 7* malek not the ones that just unlocked malek. Come on man you’re smarter than this.
  • And what are they doing about the 1m credits people used to actually move to 7*? I assume that will dissappear. There's no good way for them to fix this.

Giving people who previous had a 7* malak shard shop currency is ludicrous. Theoretically it's for those that didn't get more shards from the event already the way it reads. That way everyone who had a 7* malak to begin with gets free shards plus crystals.

People who didn't have a 7* malak just get crystals.

Catering to the whales as usual.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    So you think it’s perfectly fair that people who had 7* malak at time of event and didn’t do a thing and weren’t affected by this in any way get 2250 ssc and 250 crystals?

If you're going to intelligently make this argument, don't mention the 250 crystals part, because everyone gets those. That's not any special benefit to anyone.

But why should people with a 7* malek get that... they were completely unaffected. There was not a prize besides the shards associated with the event.
  • Destructus wrote: »
    mobious wrote: »
    well if I dont get my money after the roll back its wrongful deception intended to result in financial or personal gain

Dude, stop trying to be a keyboard lawyer. Nobody duped you into anything. Any gear you purchased to upgrade him will still be there in your inventory waiting until you do have him ready for it. You purchased it with the intention of gearing him up. It's logical to assume you'd do it next time, but you won't have to because you already have the gear.
    No that’s not logical. The money wouldn’t have been spent today. It could be invested and then you get into tvm and that changes the value. Getting the gear back to sit there is not a fair value.
    Destructus wrote: »
    mobious wrote: »
    well if I dont get my money after the roll back its wrongful deception intended to result in financial or personal gain

Dude, stop trying to be a keyboard lawyer. Nobody duped you into anything. Any gear you purchased to upgrade him will still be there in your inventory waiting until you do have him ready for it. You purchased it with the intention of gearing him up. It's logical to assume you'd do it next time, but you won't have to because you already have the gear.
    No that’s not logical. The money wouldn’t have been spent today. It could be invested and then you get into tvm and that changes the value. Getting the gear back to sit there is not a fair value.

Bingo. The only reason people spend money in this game is to boost a character FASTER. Everything is farmable for free over time. Now that we have to wait 2 months I could have farmed the gear I bought for Malak. I'm going to get a refund either through CG or the credit card.
    Vinniarth wrote: »

I was so tired of leveling him up not mentioning resources I spent. :/ and was so happy to finally get him up. It was several **** months.
    Yes, CG truly knows how to fail and disappoint:/ they really mater that.

OK but that's like saying "I've been in poverty my whole life and it's not fair that someone accidentally deposited 2 million dollars in my bank account and then took it away again shortly after"

Yep. A phone game bug is just like that. Nailed it.

So if you admit it's a bug and never should've happened, why are you crying that it's being corrected and fixed so that it effectively didn't happen (and collecting 250 crystals)?

It’s their fault. You don’t get to penalize retroactively because you messed up. You deal with it and fix it going forward.

I was so tired of leveling him up not mentioning resources I spent. :/ and was so happy to finally get him up. It was several **** months.

OK but that's like saying "I've been in poverty my whole life and it's not fair that someone accidentally deposited 2 million dollars in my bank account and then took it away again shortly after"

So if you admit it's a bug and never should've happened, why are you crying that it's being corrected and fixed so that it effectively didn't happen (and collecting 250 crystals)?

I'm not crying at all. I'm not even upset. I'm merely pointing out the disparity in the recompense that some are receiving and others are not, despite doing the same thing (i.e. nothing).

It's not that they aren't giving us "enough", it's the fact that some people are getting more despite not doing anything more that seems a bit unfair.

Integrity matters.

Sorry, Vinniarth was, I forgot you jumped in on his behalf. They need to explain how the shard shop currency thing is going to work better for sure.

I didn't jump in on his behalf per se - I just found your analigy a little over the top. ;)

Point still stood, if you get something you were never supposed to have, don't cry when it's taken away, it's a bummer but it was never supposed to be or meant to be yours to begin with. I was putting it in terms/an analogy I felt were easiest to understand :smile:

I don't believe for a second it was a bug. They probably did it on purpose to try and alleviate the cries of the get crunch but a few whales moaned and complained so they decided to over react and take it away. Basically bait and switch.

The coding error explanation is most likely, just someone messed something up, it happens. Humans gonna human. Unfortunately this one stings more than other issues the game has had

You don’t say that for anything illegal why would you say that when this theft is occurring? O it was a mistake he didn’t mean to drink and drive humans gonna human.
  • Gryf
    95 posts Member
    Myriddan wrote: »
    My biggest problem with this while thing, there has been no in game communication. So people can still be gearing him as we speak. @Kyno why hasn't there been any in game communication about why the event was removed and warning people not to gearing Malak, etc?

There's no communication because CG is a complete piece of **** that pushes the player base of this game as much as it can.
  • Thank you CG. I think this is a very well thought out and fair solution to this unfortunate mistake. I do truly mean that. Thank you!!
  • KoolKent wrote: »
    2k shard store tokens is sweet fa tbh! However It’s not just those who 7* already, it’s everyone in between and thereafter that didn’t exploit this “bug” would need this compensation!

I’ll settle for 75 shards of malak and 1 mil credits. They dropped the ball with poor programming. If I made a blunder that big at my job, I’d be fired.

I hope you wouldn't get fired over something so ridiculous.
  • I'm still not understanding why those who had him at 7 stars are getting any rewards.

The only reason I could see they would do this is for those who already had him at 7* but didn't have a chance to do the event and get the shard currency since I'm sure it'd be a huge pain to track down all those who DID get the extra shard currency, spent it, and used the gear.

Note that I'm not saying that that is fair, nor am I defending CG, just saying that that's probably their reasoning.
  • I'm still not understanding why those who had him at 7 stars are getting any rewards.

Probably because they’re the tip of the spear. CG loves playing for only the tip.

Because some of the people with 7* Malaks did the event and got shard shop currency already. They likely cannot reliably roll back those purchases, maybe the don't have enough logging in place on those purchases. So, they will have to let the people who already got shard shop currency keep it.

In order to level the playing field for those who also have a 7* Malak but did not exploit the bug at all, those owners will be given the equivalent shop shard currency. The end result is that everyone that had 7* Malak before the event will have gotten 2250 shard shop currency total, regardless of whether they got no extra shards, 75 shards, or 150 shards from re-running it.

Everyone else will be right where they were supposed to be, plus an extra 250 crystals. It would be nice if they just gave everyone else the 2250 **** currency as well to keep it even, but oh well. Not really worth losing sleep over to me, personally. I do think the crystals are a bit stingy for the size of snafu they managed to create.

Hopefully they'll re-run the event this upcoming Friday for those who were ready to go but didn't get a chance. Maybe there will be some lucky folks that'll manage to get ready with the extra week.
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    cournojo wrote: »
    This is such ****. Why giving free stuff for the Malak 7* owner and not a single **** **** to the rest of us.

This is first thing that make think about quitting.
    Everyone's getting something

Oh enlighten me. I got 150 malak shards from the event. 70 were to 7 star him. Thats worth over 20k in get if you convert it. The rest was shard shop currency. So I get to keep my shard shop currency.

But they take away the 70 malak shards and exchange it for 250 crystals which is worth far less. How is that a net gain?

And remember you said their fix gives everyone something.
    You're getting 250 crystals, I'm getting 250 crystals, someone who slept through the whole Malak Event is also getting 250 crystals

Yes, but they're also giving a portion of the playerbase 2k shard shop currency because they messed up... but not giving it to the rest of the playerbase.

What?

So a portion get something ontop of the 250 crystals, but not everyone? What? That's so incredibly stupid that it's staggering.

Edited for profanity. ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on

I'm not crying at all. I'm not even upset. I'm merely pointing out the disparity in the recompense that some are receiving and others are not, despite doing the same thing (i.e. nothing).

It's not that they aren't giving us "enough", it's the fact that some people are getting more despite not doing anything more that seems a bit unfair.

Integrity matters.

Sorry, Vinniarth was, I forgot you jumped in on his behalf. They need to explain how the shard shop currency thing is going to work better for sure.

I didn't jump in on his behalf per se - I just found your analigy a little over the top. ;)

Point still stood, if you get something you were never supposed to have, don't cry when it's taken away, it's a bummer but it was never supposed to be or meant to be yours to begin with. I was putting it in terms/an analogy I felt were easiest to understand :smile:

I don't believe for a second it was a bug. They probably did it on purpose to try and alleviate the cries of the get crunch but a few whales moaned and complained so they decided to over react and take it away. Basically bait and switch.

The coding error explanation is most likely, just someone messed something up, it happens. Humans gonna human. Unfortunately this one stings more than other issues the game has had

Could be, but I'm wondering- why didn't this happen the second time Malak came back? I don't know much about coding but seems weird that it would pop up randomly after a few runs at the event?
  • The 250 crystals is the problem too. It's a joke. 250 crystals compared to 150 malak shards.

The make good needs to be at least as valuable as what they are taking away. Now obviously the 150 shards have different value to different players. For those that had 7 star malak, shard shop currency and a token 250 crystals is fine.

But for those that needed all 150 malak shards, 150 malak shards is worth far more than 250 crystals. Specifically it's worth about 57k in get currency or almost 24 fully crafted stun guns or about 33,600 crystals. So to them 250 crystals when they are taking away the equilivant of 33k crystals is an insult. And feels a lot like theft.

Now obviously you can't make everyone have individual make good so they likely would have to give somewhat equal make up rewards out. But any reconciliation that results in some players getting less than what they had if the devs did nothing, is crap.

• I’m just really disappointed in CG on this one. For a moment, I thought they got one right. The crunch they have created with 5* unlocks, Relics, and the increased GET cost of those newer characters is a real strain on everyone, but especially free-to-play players. I though this was a sign they were listening to the player base, and actually cared, but they are more concerned with devaluing their GET currency. CG, the player base is you life, happy players = stronger game, I don’t get that you don’t see this, it’s not always about the money. Make some money, but try harder to keep us coming back.
  • This is a really ridiculous decision.

I spent time fighting for shards, getting nothing. While those doing nothing gets GET as 'compensation'.

Well done! CG!
  • The 250 crystals is the problem too. It's a joke. 250 crystals compared to 150 malak shards.

The make good needs to be at least as valuable as what they are taking away. Now obviously the 150 shards have different value to different players. For those that had 7 star malak, shard shop currency and a token 250 crystals is fine.

But for those that needed all 150 malak shards, 150 malak shards is worth far more than 250 crystals. Specifically it's worth about 57k in get currency or almost 24 fully crafted stun guns or about 33,600 crystals. So to them 250 crystals when they are taking away the equilivant of 33k crystals is an insult. And feels a lot like theft.

Now obviously you can't make everyone have individual make good so they likely would have to give somewhat equal make up rewards out. But any reconciliation that results in some players getting less than what they had if the devs did nothing, is crap.

Thank you so much for a basis of the conversion. Basically by taking away the malek shards CG is stealing 213.88 US dollars.
    The 250 crystals is the problem too. It's a joke. 250 crystals compared to 150 malak shards.

Thank you so much for a basis of the conversion. Basically by taking away the malek shards CG is stealing 213.88 US dollars.

Yeah it varies by how many shards you needed. I only needed 70 so it is only about half that. But theft is theft regardless of the amount. And it should not be tolerated.

If they take the malak shards, I'm done. I'll find another game to play and I sincerely hope thay all reasonable people will also.
    The 250 crystals is the problem too. It's a joke. 250 crystals compared to 150 malak shards.

Yeah it varies by how many shards you needed. I only needed 70 so it is only about half that. But theft is theft regardless of the amount. And it should not be tolerated.

If they take the malak shards, I'm done. I'll find another game to play and I sincerely hope thay all reasonable people will also.

They are not stealing anything from you. You were never entitled to have those shards in the first place. They're taking back what you had no business getting, their error or not. This *is* a reasonable fix for a **** situation. Your expectation of getting to keep value equivalent to what you unintentionally ended up with is not.

If your bank deposits 10k USD into your account by mistake and then take it back out to fix the mistake, are they stealing? What do you think happens if you spend that money before they can make the adjustment? You owe them 10k USD. Have fun arguing that they stole your money in court.

That being said, 250 crystals in compensation is stingy as hell for this sort of mess. On that we can agree. Just don't pretend you're being victimized for having taken advantage of what was an obvious bug, intentional or not.
  • skypse
    19 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Synaptic wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »

They are not stealing anything from you. You were never entitled to have those shards in the first place. They're taking back what you had no business getting, their error or not. This *is* a reasonable fix for a **** situation. Your expectation of getting to keep value equivalent to what you unintentionally ended up with is not.

If your bank deposits 10k USD into your account by mistake and then take it back out to fix the mistake, are they stealing? What do you think happens if you spend that money before they can make the adjustment? You owe them 10k USD. Have fun arguing that they stole your money in court.

That being said, 250 crystals in compensation is stingy as hell for this sort of mess. On that we can agree. Just don't pretend you're being victimized for having taken advantage of what was an obvious bug, intentional or not.

I don't know where you dug that piece of information about the bank, but if something ends up in my account due to their fault, there is no law saying that I owe them for their mistake. I'll spend some of it on a banner saying "my bank is stupid" and they can't do anything about it.

The important thing everyone should get their heads around is that there is absolutely no solution that brings "balance". People spent money, hoarded in-game currency (+gear), mods were upgraded to 6* etc... Yeah we'll get the mods back, but we can't use them until malak goes back to 7*,making them useless in essence.

Plus, there's also the TW thing where a lot of people who didn't play the event will be at a disadvantage against those who did and who will have full zones of relic malak that are not supposed to be there.

The game should be globally roll back to the state it was before the event went live. All of our accounts return to their initial state without anything being spent in vain, those who spent money can get it back through the appstore or the bank itself, and CG does not need to compensate anything, or maybe a little something for the TW (which due to the toll back would be canceled). Those who participated in the event have everything reverted and those who slept through the whole thing have nothing to worry about (and also don't get gems for no reason).

Since they are unable to take responsibility for their mistake, they should at least reset everything to what they were 2 days ago. They said they have a "screenshot" of every account, so it's easy to be done. It's a win-win for everyone.
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    The only way to save the situation is to announce the simplification of gear to level 13 and the end of stun gun and other paywall. It's why claim finally... We have g12+ and g12 finisher paywall and now relics paywall...
    Paywall by quantity is enough for relic... Other before is non sense...
  • Pille
    125 posts Member
    Overall I think....250 crystals is a joke. They do not understand why the community is upset. 250 crystals was the compensation in the past when the server was down for some hours...but this was an epic desaster, an epic fail from cg and 250 for that? That is the real punch in our face...to be honest...think about a reward which hurts...this is just „don’t cry baby, here is your ice “....shame on you guys, shame on you @CG
  • elmarko1234
    165 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    From what I can see

- I'm not getting my hour back (250 crystals is a joke)

- I'm not getting my 1million credits I used to promote Malak

- I'm not getting the gear I used to make the event to smoother I would not have used.

- I'm not getting any 6dot mods downgraded back so I can use them for Malak

- I'm not getting any refunds for money spent on gear to take Malak to g12. (I spent money for him to be g12 now, if I was going to wait six months to farm GET I would not have spent any, I could f2p farm it).

If you think a bit of shard shop currency and less crystals than a single day number 1 arena payout makes up for this. You are seriously mistaken.

Countless people are quitting, half my guild has pledged to go f2p if shards are removed (included some whales), people are getting refunds for last purchases from Credit card companies.

If you want to resolve this.

1. Make Malak a 7 star unlock.

2. Using that snapshot you took - calculate how much to refund all players the GET they have spent on getting Malak to what they did and refund the entire GET spent.

Then everyone is happy.

Whales get GET for General Skywalker
    People keep 7* Malak
    GET crunch is resolved
    CG makes a load of money off people g13/relic 7 a tonne of Malaks/GAS
  • calciem199023
    8 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    So my problem is I had 75 shards from completing the dark side the last time the event was available but didn’t have the requirements for lightside so had to wait, then I take a while to complete lightside the other day therefore unlocking malak at 5* but in the middle of attempting it I tried the dark side again to try and get 3* not realising I would get the shards again as I attempted this early in the morning before most people even realised something was wrong. So from how I’ve interpreted CG’s message is after beating that hard **** lightside part they will take that away therefore making me have to do that again?
  • Mobile gamer is correct about CG. they don't care about the player base. This game has become Galaxy of Hoarders plain and simple. If you don't hoard they will screw you. 5* general Skywalker is complete trash. What a waste of money.