Reconciliation Plan!?

Replies

• Pille wrote: »
    Overall I think....250 crystals is a joke. They do not understand why the community is upset. 250 crystals was the compensation in the past when the server was down for some hours...but this was an epic desaster, an epic fail from cg and 250 for that? That is the real punch in our face...to be honest...think about a reward which hurts...this is just „don’t cry baby, here is your ice “....shame on you guys, shame on you @CG

Be thankful that they aren’t giving you Chewie shards as compensation. Just take the 250 crystals and move on.
    That's the thing. The move on part. So many members have quit already or are waiting to see if they change their mind or go through with this **** first.

The amount of people leaving the game, going free to play Is staggering right now. Of the whales I know all of them hand stopped spending very recently due to how CG is acting.
  • My final comment on this mess is that EA cannot allow people to keep the shards if they did not already have Malak at 7 stars. Period.

Yes, I have him at 7 stars. Did that completely f2p by hoarding my GET after his release and unlocked him on his second pass. Then I used 57000 GET to 7 star him. Do not argue that others who didn't properly plan should now get Malak at a significant discount while 7 star Malak owners get 2250 shard shop currency.

Hence my reasoning for allowing everyone to keep the shards, but then reimburding people the GET they did invest. It will hurt cg to cough up that GET, but it was their mistake.
  • Synaptic wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    The 250 crystals is the problem too. It's a joke. 250 crystals compared to 150 malak shards.

The make good needs to be at least as valuable as what they are taking away. Now obviously the 150 shards have different value to different players. For those that had 7 star malak, shard shop currency and a token 250 crystals is fine.

But for those that needed all 150 malak shards, 150 malak shards is worth far more than 250 crystals. Specifically it's worth about 57k in get currency or almost 24 fully crafted stun guns or about 33,600 crystals. So to them 250 crystals when they are taking away the equilivant of 33k crystals is an insult. And feels a lot like theft.

Now obviously you can't make everyone have individual make good so they likely would have to give somewhat equal make up rewards out. But any reconciliation that results in some players getting less than what they had if the devs did nothing, is crap.

Thank you so much for a basis of the conversion. Basically by taking away the malek shards CG is stealing 213.88 US dollars.

Yeah it varies by how many shards you needed. I only needed 70 so it is only about half that. But theft is theft regardless of the amount. And it should not be tolerated.

If they take the malak shards, I'm done. I'll find another game to play and I sincerely hope thay all reasonable people will also.

They are not stealing anything from you. You were never entitled to have those shards in the first place. They're taking back what you had no business getting, their error or not. This *is* a reasonable fix for a **** situation. Your expectation of getting to keep value equivalent to what you unintentionally ended up with is not.

If your bank deposits 10k USD into your account by mistake and then take it back out to fix the mistake, are they stealing? What do you think happens if you spend that money before they can make the adjustment? You owe them 10k USD. Have fun arguing that they stole your money in court.

That being said, 250 crystals in compensation is stingy as hell for this sort of mess. On that we can agree. Just don't pretend you're being victimized for having taken advantage of what was an obvious bug, intentional or not.

Actually your bank analogy could be wrong. Although not the same mistake I had a bank once not be able to locate a car loan for me. After months of them having no record of a loan for me I demanded the title release. Almost a year later they found the loan and wanted to collect on it but I prevailed due to the banks error. If a company makes an error they are in fact liable for it.
  • Miketo28 wrote: »
    My final comment on this mess is that EA cannot allow people to keep the shards if they did not already have Malak at 7 stars. Period.

Yes, I have him at 7 stars. Did that completely f2p by hoarding my GET after his release and unlocked him on his second pass. Then I used 57000 GET to 7 star him. Do not argue that others who didn't properly plan should now get Malak at a significant discount while 7 star Malak owners get 2250 shard shop currency.

Hence my reasoning for allowing everyone to keep the shards, but then reimburding people the GET they did invest. It will hurt cg to cough up that GET, but it was their mistake.

What they should do is give players like you 57,000 GET. You can finish GAS and still be ahead of the rest. Rolling back just Malak has too many other unintended consequences. You don't know what was used to obtain gear for him at G12 and G13. You don't know what other decisions players made as a result of this. The only fair way to roll back a game is to roll it all back.

• CLS wrote: »
    skypse wrote: »
    Synaptic wrote: »
    The 250 crystals is the problem too. It's a joke. 250 crystals compared to 150 malak shards.

The make good needs to be at least as valuable as what they are taking away. Now obviously the 150 shards have different value to different players. For those that had 7 star malak, shard shop currency and a token 250 crystals is fine.

But for those that needed all 150 malak shards, 150 malak shards is worth far more than 250 crystals. Specifically it's worth about 57k in get currency or almost 24 fully crafted stun guns or about 33,600 crystals. So to them 250 crystals when they are taking away the equilivant of 33k crystals is an insult. And feels a lot like theft.

Now obviously you can't make everyone have individual make good so they likely would have to give somewhat equal make up rewards out. But any reconciliation that results in some players getting less than what they had if the devs did nothing, is crap.

Thank you so much for a basis of the conversion. Basically by taking away the malek shards CG is stealing 213.88 US dollars.

Yeah it varies by how many shards you needed. I only needed 70 so it is only about half that. But theft is theft regardless of the amount. And it should not be tolerated.

If they take the malak shards, I'm done. I'll find another game to play and I sincerely hope thay all reasonable people will also.

They are not stealing anything from you. You were never entitled to have those shards in the first place. They're taking back what you had no business getting, their error or not. This *is* a reasonable fix for a **** situation. Your expectation of getting to keep value equivalent to what you unintentionally ended up with is not.

If your bank deposits 10k USD into your account by mistake and then take it back out to fix the mistake, are they stealing? What do you think happens if you spend that money before they can make the adjustment? You owe them 10k USD. Have fun arguing that they stole your money in court.

That being said, 250 crystals in compensation is stingy as hell for this sort of mess. On that we can agree. Just don't pretend you're being victimized for having taken advantage of what was an obvious bug, intentional or not.

I don't know where you dug that piece of information about the bank, but if something ends up in my account due to their fault, there is no law saying that I owe them for their mistake. I'll spend some of it on a banner saying "my bank is stupid" and they can't do anything about it.

The important thing everyone should get their heads around is that there is absolutely no solution that brings "balance". People spent money, hoarded in-game currency (+gear), mods were upgraded to 6* etc... Yeah we'll get the mods back, but we can't use them until malak goes back to 7*,making them useless in essence.

Plus, there's also the TW thing where a lot of people who didn't play the event will be at a disadvantage against those who did and who will have full zones of relic malak that are not supposed to be there.

The game should be globally roll back to the state it was before the event went live. All of our accounts return to their initial state without anything being spent in vain, those who spent money can get it back through the appstore or the bank itself, and CG does not need to compensate anything, or maybe a little something for the TW (which due to the toll back would be canceled). Those who participated in the event have everything reverted and those who slept through the whole thing have nothing to worry about (and also don't get gems for no reason).

Since they are unable to take responsibility for their mistake, they should at least reset everything to what they were 2 days ago. They said they have a "screenshot" of every account, so it's easy to be done. It's a win-win for everyone.

Actually if a bank deposits money in your bank account that doesn’t belong to you and you spend that money you will be charged with a crime. How about you get familiar with the laws before you speak.

No you won't. *MAYBE* it depends on your country? Idk. You are not responsible for the bank's mistake. If you are in a country where the law holds you responsible for such mistakes made by others, I highly suggest that you move out of it asap. In general though, you are not responsible for other people's mistake as long as you are not their guardian, supervisor, or any other kind of legal authority, bound by documents of both parties agreeing to that relationship.

In any case, comparisons like that are stupid. CG is not a bank, and since the game is global, different legislations make things even blurrier.

Most probably we have all "agreed" to the ToS of the app and most probably there's a cute paragraph saying pretty much that CG can do whatever they want, however they want. If we bring "legal" into that, we're screwed so let's not. This is a matter of ethics and responsibility. The provider of a service screwed up the service based on what their intentions were, and they punish the customers/users of the base.

Global reset prior to the event is the best solution. No gear lost, no relics lost, no gems lost, no credits lost, no unfair advantage over other players gained, those who unlocked malak will unlock him again. Those who paid real money can simply refund. They will do it even if the reset doesn't take place, but at least with the reset, the only "bad" thing happening is the loss of TW. (and the continuous achievement of greatly screwing up your player base every couple of months without giving anything new or refreshing to the game. Although that's an irrelevant constant)
  • I would be ok with global reset and refund of money since the error. Rolling back just Malak is a **** up.
  • Screw this, I'm joining the droves of other gamers
  • Miketo28 wrote: »
    My final comment on this mess is that EA cannot allow people to keep the shards if they did not already have Malak at 7 stars. Period.

What they should do is give players like you 57,000 GET. You can finish GAS and still be ahead of the rest. Rolling back just Malak has too many other unintended consequences. You don't know what was used to obtain gear for him at G12 and G13. You don't know what other decisions players made as a result of this. The only fair way to roll back a game is to roll it all back.

You and I are on the same page.
  • I want to know if I’m going to have to complete the event again to get the 75 shards from the lightside? If so then CG can suck my toe
  • I want to know if I’m going to have to complete the event again to get the 75 shards from the lightside? If so then CG can suck my toe
    Depends on your situation. If you did both sides, you'll keep your Malak.

If you did one side the last time and you replayed the same one without completing the other, you'll have your shards taken away. Which is completely fair because skipping one side is the easy way out that most of us had no chance to do so.
  • My original plan was to farm gear for Malak over the next several months it would take to obtain enough GET. So when I get him earlier than expected I plunk down money to gear him right away and now thats getting rolled back? CG better roll my god **** money back. I don't need the gear to sit in my inbox during a time a could have farmed it all.
  • calciem199023
    8 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I did the dark side last time around, then did both this time but obviously not realising I’d get the shards again for the dark side, I just don’t want to do the lightside again for obvious reasons 😅
  • My original plan was to farm gear for Malak over the next several months it would take to obtain enough GET. So when I get him earlier than expected I plunk down money to gear him right away and now thats getting rolled back? CG better roll my god **** money back. I don't need the gear to sit in my inbox during a time a could have farmed it all.
    But why were you in a rush to gear Malak? Could you not wait another half of a day for the announcement whether shards being given out is intended or not? Did you need to buy all that gear to be more competitive in arena a few hours earlier?

Because, you know, TW and GAC lock already happened, there was no immediate benefit, just a rushed choice on your part.
  • Pille wrote: »
    Overall I think....250 crystals is a joke. They do not understand why the community is upset. 250 crystals was the compensation in the past when the server was down for some hours...but this was an epic desaster, an epic fail from cg and 250 for that? That is the real punch in our face...to be honest...think about a reward which hurts...this is just „don’t cry baby, here is your ice “....shame on you guys, shame on you @CG

Be thankful that they aren’t giving you Chewie shards as compensation. Just take the 250 crystals and move on.
    That's the thing. The move on part. So many members have quit already or are waiting to see if they change their mind or go through with this **** first.

The amount of people leaving the game, going free to play Is staggering right now. Of the whales I know all of them hand stopped spending very recently due to how CG is acting.

Correct...the only reason to stay now is the guild community and not the game itself...and if too many leave the guild community...all of them will quit and finally without ftp players the whales will also quit as it makes no sense to pay for them if they do not have an advantage...
    But why were you in a rush to gear Malak? Could you not wait another half of a day for the announcement whether shards being given out is intended or not? Did you need to buy all that gear to be more competitive in arena a few hours earlier?

Because, you know, TW and GAC lock already happened, there was no immediate benefit, just a rushed choice on your part.

Am I supposed to play the game under the assumption that rewards are glitched or working as intended? There were TWs and GAs coming up.
  • Everything in this game can be farmed. There is no reason to spend money except to quickly level a character.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    My original plan was to farm gear for Malak over the next several months it would take to obtain enough GET. So when I get him earlier than expected I plunk down money to gear him right away and now thats getting rolled back? CG better roll my god **** money back. I don't need the gear to sit in my inbox during a time a could have farmed it all.

Am I supposed to play the game under the assumption that rewards are glitched or working as intended? There were TWs and GAs coming up.
    You are not supposed to live under that assumption, but both the experience from the previous 'replay' and the wording of the event ('first time' rewards) were clear signs that this is not a previously announced nice surprise. It was clear there will be an update regarding the intention.

TW didn't lock until another ~36 hours, GAC won't lock again for over 4 days (6 at the time of the bug). Are you saying that if you could pay to rush Malak to 13 in a few hours/minutes, you couldn't have done that half a day later, when you know clearly whether you are supposed to have the shards or not?

You are not supposed to live under that assumption, but both the experience from the previous 'replay' snd the wording of the event ('first time' rewards) were clear signs that this is not a previously announced nice surprise. It was clear there will be an update regarding the intention.

TW didn't lock until another ~36 hours, GAC won't lock again for over 4 days (6 at the time of the bug). Are you saying that if you could pay to rush Malak to 13 in a few hours/minutes, you couldn't have done that half a day later, when you know clearly whether you are supposed to have the shards or not?

I got Malak on the 2nd event. I had never seen the rewards for playing through with him already at 5*. A reddit post saying that we receive shards for doing the event again was at the top of my phone banner that morning. You assume I stay more up to speed with events than I do. I thought the game was working as intended. Perhaps it was an attempt to help the guild currency with GAS being in GET now. I have never seen an online game blow such blatantly obvious QA errors before.
  • PedroGMT
    3 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    God... I see so many people crying... I've been playing this game for the last 6 months... And honest to God... I'm having a blast.
    The game is well thought, engaging and entising.
    I've never played a game like this and with a beautiful art work.
    Can't you folks just enjoy the game? Bugs will happen always... That's life... It is always hard to make up to mistakes.
    So please folks cut the makers a slack... And start enjoying the game.
    Crying doesn't help... It only makes the gaming community ****.
    Remember... At the end of the day... This is just a game... For you to enjoy and spend time... and that the game is kindly supported by players that spend a lot of money... So that it can be free for the rest of us... Without pesty ads.
    Play on!
  • LastBucsfan
    228 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    PedroGMT wrote: »
    God... I see so many people crying... I've been playing this game for the last 6 months... And honest to God... I'm having a blast.
    Can't you folks just enjoy the game? Bugs will happen always... That's life... It is always hard to make up to mistakes.
    Remember... At the end of the day... This is just a game... For you to enjoy and spend time... and that the game is kindly supported by players that spend a lot of money... So that it can be free for the rest of us... Without pesty ads.
    Play on!

Newbie hasn't been here long enough to get it. 😅

The game is fun or I would have quit already. That doesn't stop the frustration of unnecessary **** mistakes constantly causing these problems that could have easily been avoided. Then instead of fixing it they compounded the issue with an asinine solution.
  • PedroGMT wrote: »
    Play on!

You’ll understand one day young grasshopper. 6 months is not enough time in the game.
  • PedroGMT wrote: »
    Play on!

You will soon see youngling. Once you get beyond the days of rebels/Phoenix being the meta in your shard and start facing the massive uphill climb for requirements in gear, rarity, team compositions, resources, etc you’ll understand. You’re talking about playing in a time when the game WAS fun for all. But the closer you get to the “end game” content, the closer the dark side will be.
  • Chewy88 wrote: »

Solitaire.
  • skypse wrote: »

I don't know where you dug that piece of information about the bank, but if something ends up in my account due to their fault, there is no law saying that I owe them for their mistake. I'll spend some of it on a banner saying "my bank is stupid" and they can't do anything about it.

The important thing everyone should get their heads around is that there is absolutely no solution that brings "balance". People spent money, hoarded in-game currency (+gear), mods were upgraded to 6* etc... Yeah we'll get the mods back, but we can't use them until malak goes back to 7*,making them useless in essence.

Plus, there's also the TW thing where a lot of people who didn't play the event will be at a disadvantage against those who did and who will have full zones of relic malak that are not supposed to be there.

The game should be globally roll back to the state it was before the event went live. All of our accounts return to their initial state without anything being spent in vain, those who spent money can get it back through the appstore or the bank itself, and CG does not need to compensate anything, or maybe a little something for the TW (which due to the toll back would be canceled). Those who participated in the event have everything reverted and those who slept through the whole thing have nothing to worry about (and also don't get gems for no reason).

Since they are unable to take responsibility for their mistake, they should at least reset everything to what they were 2 days ago. They said they have a "screenshot" of every account, so it's easy to be done. It's a win-win for everyone.

Yes there is lol. They will most likely catch it eventually and you are legally obligated to pay it back. Look it up.
  • This just might be the last straw for this game. I'd spend your money wisely people, because this community and game are burning down.
  • Chewy88 wrote: »

It actually doesn’t matter how many you needed it really comes down to how many you got. The people who did both sides would have 200+ in shards the ones that did it once would have 100+ in shards and those that didn’t would by CGs logic be owed 200$
  • skypse wrote: »

Good thing you are not their consultant. If you propose resetting everything is a win for everyone, you haven't really thought this through.

Taking away shards earned due to a bug is ok, although not the most player-friendly solution without a proper compensation. Resetting mods, raid rewards, GA victories and so on, however, is a terrible suggestion that would do more harm than good.
  • TVF
    36586 posts Member
    PedroGMT wrote: »
    Play on!

You’ll understand one day young grasshopper. 6 months is not enough time in the game.

2.5 years is though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH