Reconciliation Plan!?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ededed wrote: »
    kyno
    So if I'm reading you correctly - those with 7* malak and did both sides for 150 shards get keep the shard shop currency while everyone else is having the actual shards pulled but replaced with the equivalent shard shop currency to bring them to 2250 total. Right?
    So in the end everyone will have 2250 currency plus 250 crystals?

Cuz the dev post made it sound like Only 7* malak owners were being given the currency.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Anyone who has a 7* before this event will end up at the same place, with 2250 shard shop currency and 250 crystals.

Anyone who did stuff this round for the first time will keep it and get 250 crystals.

Anyone who couldnt do the event, will still get 250 crystals.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    In the end everyone gets 250 crystals.

In the end everyone who has malak gets the 2k shard shop currency.

Everyone who doesnt have malak, keeps anything they earned this run and gets another crack at it.

How is that not fair?

"To reconcile this difference, we will be granting all players that owned Darth Malak at 7* on 10/18/2019 12:01 AM PDT, some Shard Shop Currency"

Only the players with 7* Malak before this event started will get shard shop currency.

Not that I care since I already retired, and I had Malak 7* 4 or 5 months ago. But this is the most laughable compensation plan I have heard from CG so far.
  • Options
    mobious wrote: »
    so am I going to have my money I spent on gearing him refunded to me ?

I’ve been trying to get that answered for a while now.
  • IcarusSunwalker
    160 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    This has to be the worst decision ever.
    A seller screws up and then claims back what he just sold.
    In exchange those who had 7* Malaks before the event, get crystals and shard shop currency.

Very good decision @CG_TopHat.
    You guys just revealed your sole purpose.
    You only care about the "tip of the spear".
    The players that are catching up and battle constantly against your gear crunch get to seat and be the food for the whales.
    Might as well give them all the GET they were asking to finish off General Skywalker.
  • Options
    mobious wrote: »
    so am I going to have my money I spent on gearing him refunded to me ?

I’ve been trying to get that answered for a while now.

The answer is no. They are just going to let you keep the gear. Your money has been added to the Imperial Defense Fund
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Seems like they gave Kyno additional information after he pressed for more details, and Kyno has never been wrong or lied about this kind of thing before

That's a good one.
  • Ededed
    43 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    kyno
    So if I'm reading you correctly - those with 7* malak and did both sides for 150 shards get keep the shard shop currency while everyone else is having the actual shards pulled but replaced with the equivalent shard shop currency to bring them to 2250 total. Right?

Cuz the dev post made it sound like Only 7* malak owners were being given the currency.

Anyone who has a 7* before this event will end up at the same place, with 2250 shard shop currency and 250 crystals.

Anyone who did stuff this round for the first time will keep it and get 250 crystals.

Sooo having malak at like 5* or 6* you just get screwed then? Granted, not getting free stuff is a loose use of that term. Lol.
    That's so messed up. How do they justify taking the shards away from some but actually Giving them to others?
    But still thanks for the clarification.
    :wink:
    UpTheIrons
  • Options
    2k shard store tokens is sweet fa tbh! However It’s not just those who 7* already, it’s everyone in between and thereafter that didn’t exploit this “bug” would need this compensation!
  • Options

Everyone who doesnt have malak, keeps anything they earned this run and gets another crack at it.

How is that not fair?

I had 7 star malak, did both events again and got 2250 shard shop currency. Everybody who had 7 star Malak will receive 2250 shard shop currency and 250 crystals.

If you didn't have 7 star Malak your account is put back to where it was at start of event. So hopefully all is even there. These people get 250 crystals.

Here is the TLDR for you Kyno, I will use equations.

2250 ssc + 250 crystals =/= 250 crystals

Hence, not fair.
  • Options
    And the rest that couldnt play get nada?. Be equal
  • Options
    KoolKent wrote: »
    2k shard store tokens is sweet fa tbh! However It’s not just those who 7* already, it’s everyone in between and thereafter that didn’t exploit this “bug” would need this compensation!

I’ll settle for 75 shards of malak and 1 mil credits. They dropped the ball with poor programming. If I made a blunder that big at my job, I’d be fired.
  • Options
    I'm still not understanding why those who had him at 7 stars are getting any rewards.
  • Options
    I'm still not understanding why those who had him at 7 stars are getting any rewards.

Probably because they’re the tip of the spear. CG loves playing for only the tip.
  • AceCV
    994 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Refunding?? Compensation?

Well... just some situations that comes to my mind (will be more for sure):

- 6dots mods that are on Malak when they rollback. What happens?
    - Credits paid for evolution (star up, Reliqs, etc)?
    - Gear on inbox? .... what if the gear full piece only matters for Malak or if there was other place to use parts of the gear that was crafted specifically for Malak?
    - Even worse... what about specific g12 finishers that are associated to Malak?
    - Reliqs? Most people only work in Reliqs components WHEN they want to work a g13 char.... not for stock, right?
    - Crystals spent to buy gear or other stuff to upgrade Malak?
    - Packs buyed to place gear or Reliqs on Malak?

And those shard shop currency.... why the hell some receive it all.... others partially (since there are situations where part of the 75 shards where for Malak and other for shard shop)... others nothing.
    Post edited by AceCV on
  • Options
    Meanwhile at ea hq
    sscc4lsjq437.gif
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    kyno

Yeah, sorry - that's horrible. So everyone gets what they earned (nothing save for those who did the event for the first time) + 250 crystals.

EXCEPT! WAIT! FREE Shard shop currency to those who already had 7* Malak and did nothing!! That's the part that makes no sense.

C'mon man. That's lame and you know it. Normally you paint a fair picture. Not this time. A little disappointed.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Benobi wrote: »
    Meanwhile at ea hq
    sscc4lsjq437.gif

• Options
    The funny part about all of this is I actually thought they were being nice for a change and adding a catch up system. This game has become a total joke and this "fix" is an insult to the players. The players who got him at 7* should just be able to keep him. Not only are you robbing the people who spent money after they unlocked at 7* you are spending your time and resource to do so. If this was about making money I feel like you would save the man hours and just leave it as it. What do you like more profit or **** all your players off?
  • Options
    w9yftvqyaxad.jpeg
  • Options

That's because that part makes no sense. There is no understanding....only CG.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Everyone should get the shard shop currency. That isn't something that any 7 star Malak owners (and I'm one of those) would have normally gotten but for the bug. If everything is being reverted, then any "extras" given out should be across the board. I believe they'll see reason here and give everyone the shard shop currency.

People spent $$ in the iTunes Store gearing up a new 7* Malak that we didn’t know would be retroactively taken away. That is how this situation is not fair. Please, just clarify how those purchases will be rectified? People spent $$ on a character they had at the time, not meant to sit in the inventory for months.

It was an obvious bug and exploit....anyone spending money to immediately dump on a 7 star Malak that they obtained through an exploit should have known better. The forums, Reddit and Discord were rampant with people talking about hurrying up to take advantage of things before CG's offices opened this morning. I have a hard time believing anyone "innocently" started immediately whaling on gear for a 7 star Malak that they should have known they were not entitled to have. People tried to rush and gear him up under the mistaken assumption that CG would somehow just let everything slide.
  • Options
    kyno

This is not an argument that this solution is fair. I can guarantee you 2250 shard shop currencies worth more than 250 crystals in terms of gears
  • Options
    Everyone should get the shard shop currency. That isn't something that any 7 star Malak owners (and I'm one of those) would have normally gotten but for the bug. If everything is being reverted, then any "extras" given out should be across the board. I believe they'll see reason here and give everyone the shard shop currency.

People spent $$ in the iTunes Store gearing up a new 7* Malak that we didn’t know would be retroactively taken away. That is how this situation is not fair. Please, just clarify how those purchases will be rectified? People spent $$ on a character they had at the time, not meant to sit in the inventory for months.

It was an obvious bug and exploit....anyone spending money to immediately dump on a 7 star Malak that they obtained through an exploit should have known better. The forums, Reddit and Discord were rampant with people talking about hurrying up to take advantage of things before CG's offices opened this morning. I have a hard time believing anyone "innocently" started immediately whaling on gear for a 7 star Malak that they should have known they were not entitled to have. People tried to rush and gear him up under the mistaken assumption that CG would somehow just let everything slide.

What if I didn’t read the forums this morning?
  • Ramses7171
    21 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    This has to be the worst plan since Napoleon invaded Russia.

Players were probably excited thinking it was finally new content and the New norm. I can’t blame them because your communication is sloppy.

CG, you messed up because you were too busy counting your money from the GAS event. You’re improper testing lead to this catastrophe and now you’re punishing the player base for your screw ups.

I don’t think you’ll ever recover from this farce.
  • GBahia03
    242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

How is that not fair?

Let's say someone has 75 shards out of 145, does that mean they get 75 for the other half of the event or do they redo both portions for a total of 150 equaling 225?

Pls @ me in ur response so I can get a notification when u reply :)
  • Options

There are TBs and TWs and GACs going on so me gearing him up ASAP was so I could compete in those with him. I didn’t check the forums before “whaling” on him after redoing the event and receiving shards at 7AM Central time. I understand the need to rollback, I guess, but I would very much appreciate a refund because I would not ha e spent the $$ otherwise. If everything can be returned that’s alright.
  • Options
    If you spent GET on gear that would have been spent on Malak shards, you’re basically being harmed in the end right? It’ll end up taking even longer to 7* Malak because of CG’s epic blunder.

Also if 2 players were at 25/100 and one did the “exploit” for 150 shards while the other didn’t. Then the former will end up with bonus shard currency while the latter gets nothing. Why is shard currency only being balanced for those who already had malak at 7*?

Or do they magically know how to reset shard currency for one subset of the player base but not another?
  • Options
    My biggest problem with this while thing, there has been no in game communication. So people can still be gearing him as we speak. @Kyno why hasn't there been any in game communication about why the event was removed and warning people not to gearing Malak, etc?