MobileGamer tells the truth

Replies

• @Ultra folks not only need but appreciate the option to voice their opinions, much like you and I. B)
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Mobilegamer is salty because he couldnt buy his way to what he wanted... he spent $765 to get a toon that requires some strategic resource managment skill to max.

It was pretty obvious to me that a LS toon was coming to the Guild Event Store to balance out Malak. Thats why ill have my 7* GS in 3 weeks... completely f2p.

I have no sympathy for p2w players who get bottlenecked because they assume they can buy their way to the top every time. Thats what bugs me about Mobilegamer's rant. He is just a bad player who sucks at resource managment because he buys his way through the game... never has to make hard choices about what he wants, so he doesnt have a clue how to manage resources... the fact he still doesnt have a 7* Malak is pure comedy to me.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I miss the days when it was so hard to star hoda and wampa, and the unfairness of having to choose...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    He was dissapinted that G11 characters weren’t useful anymore ... I don’t see that as any different from my g8s not being great when g11 rolled around. Fortunately in this game we are usually matched up with players of similar strength (not opening up a matchmaking debate here!) so my g11s still work against their g11s.-

When you had gear 8s and others had gear 11 you had the ability to get to gear 11. Now however, you need 7* to get beyond gear 11, and with gear 13 and relics out gear 11 is practically useless at end game, and we can't use cards like General Skywalker for months cause we have to wait to 7* him with spending GET. Those that hoarded tokens have a HUGE advantage over those that didn't and hoarding is kind of against the spirit of the game. The devs even said in a recent Q&A they did not like putting characters in these stores because they don't want players hoarding and want them spending on gear. Well, that was pretty much a lie since they released Skywalker this way. Can't use Anakin in raids, won't be able to use him in lightside TB when it is released (needs 6 and 7* for darkside so I assume light will be similar in that way). So your comparison with gear 8s doesn't really work.
  • Mzee wrote: »
    He was dissapinted that G11 characters weren’t useful anymore ... I don’t see that as any different from my g8s not being great when g11 rolled around. Fortunately in this game we are usually matched up with players of similar strength (not opening up a matchmaking debate here!) so my g11s still work against their g11s.-

Those that hoarded tokens have a HUGE advantage over those that didn't and hoarding is kind of against the spirit of the game.

Hoarding is no more against the spirit of the game thab is buying your way to the top... in fact, hoarding is more in line... CG is very deliberate about the availability of resources, so you have to decide when and how to use. Buying whatever you want is antithetical to the "spirit of the game" but its what keeps the lights on.

If you have no impulse control youre just not going to be able to maintain adequate resources when someyhing new and shiny comes along... escpecially in one of these rare cases when you cant just buy what you want
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Oh look. Another Edward thread about how he "could have" completed an event but chose not to. Color me shocked.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edward threads are some of my faves, not gonna lie
  • Mzee wrote: »

When you had gear 8s and others had gear 11 you had the ability to get to gear 11. Now however, you need 7* to get beyond gear 11, and with gear 13 and relics out gear 11 is practically useless at end game, and we can't use cards like General Skywalker for months cause we have to wait to 7* him with spending GET. Those that hoarded tokens have a HUGE advantage over those that didn't and hoarding is kind of against the spirit of the game. The devs even said in a recent Q&A they did not like putting characters in these stores because they don't want players hoarding and want them spending on gear. Well, that was pretty much a lie since they released Skywalker this way. Can't use Anakin in raids, won't be able to use him in lightside TB when it is released (needs 6 and 7* for darkside so I assume light will be similar in that way). So your comparison with gear 8s doesn't really work.

There have been many events leaving us stuck with a five or six star characters until later. Yes, I know those characters were more viable because the max was closer. But what you are actually arguing against is the gear (and relic) progression system and not that someone is stuck at five stars.
  • Pulsipher wrote: »
    Mzee wrote: »

There have been many events leaving us stuck with a five or six star characters until later. Yes, I know those characters were more viable because the max was closer. But what you are actually arguing against is the gear (and relic) progression system and not that someone is stuck at five stars.

But it's not like CG didn't realize that fact when they moved the finish line. The gear and relic system is fine (yes, I actually am okay with relics) - but in the current game state it makes no sense to release end-of-game characters so far from the existing gear finish line.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Pfft 30K crystals is nothing for a panic farm.

Edward sucks at this hoarding thing
  • Also who does not max out traya shes one of good toons do 3 man teams with
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

But it's not like CG didn't realize that fact when they moved the finish line. The gear and relic system is fine (yes, I actually am okay with relics) - but in the current game state it makes no sense to release end-of-game characters so far from the existing gear finish line.

what finish line did they move?
  • love how everyone is talking about dragon champs. cool, i hope that game is successful coming from a small company, but I am a star wars fan. I play this game cuz it has great mechanics and its Star Wars. I have no interest in a fairy type game like that. Just cuz its similar to swgoh doesn't make it a fix for the recent stuff going on. I love this game and want to continue to play it so I hope it gets better, but my hope will only go so far.
  • Macdadz wrote: »
    love how everyone is talking about dragon champs. cool, i hope that game is successful coming from a small company, but I am a star wars fan. I play this game cuz it has great mechanics and its Star Wars. I have no interest in a fairy type game like that. Just cuz its similar to swgoh doesn't make it a fix for the recent stuff going on. I love this game and want to continue to play it so I hope it gets better, but my hope will only go so far.

Yeah i hear you there. It isn't really for me. I'd rather play a different genre star wars game than a knock off of this one.

But I'm getting to the point where if this game doesn't change direction soon, I can find a new game. I can find a game to play on my phone other than star wars if needed and I still have the classic star wars games for pc if I need a star wars fix.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

what finish line did they move?

The gear finish line. One of the reasons GAS is weaker at 5* than Malak was at his release is that the gear end point is farther away.

Malak at 5* could get to g11. At the time, the meta was at g12+5. GAS at 5*can also only get to g11 - but now the meta is at g13 and R7 (which is, essentially 3 "tiers" higher than g11, not 1, as was the case when Malak was released).

That's why 5* unlocks make less sense now than they did a year ago. If they ever raise the relic level, 5* unlocks would be even worse still.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Macdadz
    25 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Just funny we get JKR and DR at 7* but not malak and GAS at 7*. Oh and wamps shards are less than malak shards when it comes to GET. I don’t think they realize that doing petty dumb things like this isn’t going to make them money in the long run. We still have to gear a 7*. I don’t mind the high gp req to a certain extent to get them, but give us a 7*. You do these little things like make all shards equal in value and not penny pinch us and we stick around to keep spending money. How many people have quit this game recently? Whether they spend a lot or a little adds up. I’m a UX/UI designer so I have a decent amount of experience with mobile apps. LISTEN TO YOUR USERS.
  • here is the new "truth" from mg.
    nice advertising btw

https://youtu.be/mQ3JLoWDEeE
  • I tried that Dragon Champion everybody is talking about.
    It’s good enough to give that statement. CG WILL find a way to make my C$ playable (viable) or this time it’s the good bye.
    That Malak „Fiasko“ was also a Chance. Not just a catastrophe.
  • mikk207
    242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    evoluza wrote: »
    mikk207 wrote: »
    here is the new "truth" from mg.
    nice advertising btw

https://youtu.be/mQ3JLoWDEeE

As those games progress they get more expensive. But that doesn't help anyone that complains about cg, so keep going and be disappointed.

disappointed ? about what ?

my point is that these ex game changers are not trustworthy and not better than ea/cg.

they are influencing people to play this dragon game and they will receive their money for it.

thats why "truth" is in quotation marks
    Post edited by mikk207 on
  • PukeCrywalker
    77 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    PsyBaby wrote: »
    Hoarders are not the issue. It's big fat Kraken like MobileGamer that is.

If it weren't for us "Krakens" (my main is 5.8mil alt is 4.8mil) this game would have been dunzo 2 years ago.... You think F2P keeps the lights on and the servers humming?? But worry not, us "Krakens" are bout through with this and MobileGamer is bout to quit and Anhold will be soon to follow and then when that happens lots of "Krakens" will leave as well; like myself and then CGs expenses to run and maintenance the game will exceed it's income from F2P players which btw =0$....
    I have seen players that have been here since 2015 leave that I thought would never leave! At least 4 Krakens have left our guild since it was found out G@$ would be a 5* unlock and countless have left my arena shard chat and fleet shard chat. A 5* unlock with the most stringent reqs this game has seen yet? For what?? To spend hundreds of $ or a 6month+ hoard just to be allowed to spend the next 3.5 month's+/- to spend every GET1 to 7* him?? Sure there's new players coming to the game but most of them will see how impossible(atm) the catch up would be and well you know....Goodnight SwGOH....
    I do love this game or rather, love the potential that's here or was here.. They should have not made this game F2P from the get go and just charged an initial fee for the app download and then monthly subscription fee of like 5$ or 10$. But that bait and switch is what they started with and continue with today. And unfortunately is what is driving the last few nails in this coffin. Only way for this game to make it another year is for NO more players to leave and maybe some come back. Ofc I don't know their exact numbers but any fool can see all the folks leaving on their discord and in game chats and arena shards. McMole left which CG was prob ok with being they dont like him but a lot(if not most) players enjoyed McMoles raid comps, whale whispering and etc. However, Anhold is the one to watch IMO. When he leaves, get out the black roses....
    Don't be hating on Krakens cuz you cant afford to p2p this game LmFaO....
    Perhaps a different prefix would fit better in your name rather than Psy....😭👶 Look at that, rhymes too!! See what I did there??
    Post edited by PukeCrywalker on
  • MG was totally spot on,i dont get why ppl keep saying the arguement that he complains a lot,we need to look at his arguements not if he does so.Is what he is saying true or not?

Can someone tell me when it was the last time cg made something nice for the playerbase,couse i cant atm,does that warrant complains or not?
  • Mol9961 wrote: »
    MobileGamer cries and rants about everything. Heck he'd probably find a reason to whine if CG just let everyone keep what they got.

Dude. At least state facts. Mobile gamer hardly ever complains. Clearly you didn’t watch this video. Mobile gamer is spot on

I watched the video, I do agree that the game has basically become an episode of hoarders. But MG has a habit of whining about every **** thing. He complains way too much in most of his videos. That's probably just my opinion of him though. Seems to me you need to brush up on his videos because most of them has him complaining about something

Hang on a tick....there's nothing that you find complainable about swgoh?? #ThisDudesAShill
  • The best part of his video is exactly at the 6:00 minute mark. I didn’t expect him to say that and he says the truth.

I looked at that Dragon Champions game and honestly I didn’t find it appealing in the slightest. CG ruined any turn based game I’ll ever play in the future. I wouldn’t leave one turn based game that took the “milk the players money” for the same type of game that could also do that in the future.

For the best Star Wars game ever made....Swtor is simply number 1. Sure it’s been out for years, but it’s free to play or you can pay $15 dollars a month and get all the perks.

I always liked games with huge virtual world that you could roam around and explore when you wanted. Only downside is you need a decent PC to play it. I play on a AsusG75VX. I play it with maxed graphics and never lag even when there are 50 other players around me.

I left swtor 3 years ago because I didn’t wanna be tied down at a computer for hours everyday. Swgoh was just easier to play because it’s portable. But it isn’t fun like it used to be.

I’m glad people are starting to speak the truth instead of pandering to CG. CG can delete stuff on here they don’t like but can’t do nothing about YouTube videos that’s showing this games ugly colors.

CG needs to turn things around for this game to become better. They could start by removing this 5*only unlock junk that requires tons of toons/gear/relics.

I’d go as far to say remove g13 and relics too....but I know that would be only wishful thinking.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

If it weren't for us "Krakens" (my main is 5.8mil alt is 4.8mil) this game would have been dunzo 2 years ago.... You think F2P keeps the lights on and the servers humming?? But worry not, us "Krakens" are bout through with this and MobileGamer is bout to quit and Anhold will be soon to follow and then when that happens lots of "Krakens" will leave as well; like myself and then CGs expenses to run and maintenance the game will exceed it's income from F2P players which btw =0$....
    I have seen players that have been here since 2015 leave that I thought would never leave! At least 4 Krakens have left our guild since it was found out G@$ would be a 5* unlock and countless have left my arena shard chat and fleet shard chat. A 5* unlock with the most stringent reqs this game has seen yet? For what?? To spend hundreds of $ or a 6month+ hoard just to be allowed to spend the next 3.5 month's+/- to spend every GET1 to 7* him?? Sure there's new players coming to the game but most of them will see how impossible(atm) the catch up would be and well you know....Goodnight SwGOH....
    I do love this game or rather, love the potential that's here or was here.. They should have not made this game F2P from the get go and just charged an initial fee for the app download and then monthly subscription fee of like 5$ or 10$. But that bait and switch is what they started with amd continue with today. And unfortunately is what is driving the last few nails in this coffin. Only way for this game to make it another year is for NO more players to leave and maybe some come back. Ofc I don't know their exact numbers but any fool can see all the folks leaving on their discord and in game chats and arena shards. McMole left which CG was prob ok with being they dont like him but a lot(if most most) players enjoyed McMole sometimes. However, Anhold is the one to watch IMO. When he leaves, get out the black roses....
    Perhaps a different prefix would fot better in your name rather than Psy....😭👶 Look at that, rhymes too!! See what I did there??

I think you missed the point. No one is saying that this game doesn't need p2p players to survive.
    the point is that it's the players who are wiling to spend "insane" amounts of money on mobile games that make the freemium model so gosh darn profitable. If there was no one willing to spend 10k a year on some mobile game the pricess and business model would reflect that.
    One could easily argue that the mechanics in place to incentivize spending are making the game less enjoyable, but that is obviously still only an opinion.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I’m glad people are starting to speak the truth instead of pandering to CG. CG can delete stuff on here they don’t like but can’t do nothing about YouTube videos that’s showing this games ugly colors.

You'd have a point if those vids would get removed from the forum, but that's not happening.
    Also, they did manage to get stuff deleted on youtube as well. ;p
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

I do love this game or rather, love the potential that's here or was here.. They should have not made this game F2P from the get go and just charged an initial fee for the app download and then monthly subscription fee of like 5$ or 10$. But that bait and switch is what they started with amd continue with today. And unfortunately is what is driving the last few nails in this coffin. Only way for this game to make it another year is for NO more players to leave and maybe some come back. Ofc I don't know their exact numbers but any fool can see all the folks leaving on their discord and in game chats and arena shards. McMole left which CG was prob ok with being they dont like him but a lot(if most most) players enjoyed McMole sometimes. However, Anhold is the one to watch IMO. When he leaves, get out the black roses....
    Perhaps a different prefix would fot better in your name rather than Psy....😭👶 Look at that, rhymes too!! See what I did there??

I think you missed the point. No one is saying that this game doesn't need p2p players to survive.
    the point is that it's the players who are wiling to spend "insane" amounts of money on mobile games that make the freemium model so gosh darn profitable. If there was no one willing to spend 10k a year on some mobile game the pricess and business model would reflect that.
    One could easily argue that the mechanics in place to incentivize spending are making the game less enjoyable, but that is obviously still only an opinion.

You're absolutely spot on.
    But also, I wouldn't wsste your time arguing with him. Anyone who has to mock and brag to other people about how much they spend on a game has issues. (Coming from another "kraken")
  • PsyBaby wrote: »

I do love this game or rather, love the potential that's here or was here.. They should have not made this game F2P from the get go and just charged an initial fee for the app download and then monthly subscription fee of like 5$ or 10$. But that bait and switch is what they started with and continue with today. And unfortunately is what is driving the last few nails in this coffin. Only way for this game to make it another year is for NO more players to leave and maybe some come back. Ofc I don't know their exact numbers but any fool can see all the folks leaving on their discord and in game chats and arena shards. McMole left which CG was prob ok with being they dont like him but a lot(if not most) players enjoyed McMoles raid comps, whale whispering and etc. However, Anhold is the one to watch IMO. When he leaves, get out the black roses....
    Don't be hating on Krakens cuz you cant afford to p2p this game LmFaO....
    Perhaps a different prefix would fit better in your name rather than Psy....😭👶 Look at that, rhymes too!! See what I did there??

Yes, yes, you’re right...it’s only you guys that can hurt them...please do quit and teach them that greed doesn’t pay! 🤑 P.S can I buy your account? 😂
  • MG is a terrible player and a cry baby.
    But he is right. This game ALWAYS be about to hoard, not for spend