I am at 95/100 malak and intentionally avoided...

Prev1
Vodkasour00
29 posts Member
edited October 2019
I intentionally avoided exploiting your known bug, which I did so as a responsible gamer as well as someone who works in the industry and recognizes the harms that bug exploits cost both players and developers. I did this believing I was doing the right thing.

Your compensation plan seems to only reward those who already had 7* Malaks, I.e. the people who shouldn’t have gained anything from the event ANYWAY. Why are you compensating people who shouldn’t have been gaining anything from this event in the first place?!

I was - and am - at 95/100 in Malak shards. Had I exploited this bug, I would have received massive currency for all but 5 shards which you do not appear to be rolling back for those who exploited this. Now a ton of people who shouldn’t have been compensated in the first place are gaining a fairly significant currency advantage over me only because I am 5 shards away from max and also did not exploit, leaving me out of both buckets of people who received (or will receive) currency. That threshold and the reasoning for it makes absolutely no sense.

Here’s a better compensation plan: give users currency equivalent to the max currency they could have possibly earned. If someone exploited the bug, give them 2250 currency minus whatever currency they earned in the event (I have to assume you have that data...). If someone is 7* and didn’t exploit, give them 2250. If someone is 95/100 and didn’t exploit, give them 2175. If someone is 15/100 and didn’t exploit, give them 1275. If someone is 10/85, give them 0 currency, cuz they wouldn’t have gotten currency with 150 shards anyway.

Either compensate everyone equally or no one. The people you are harming the most with your plan are the people like me who did the right thing. If you fail to correct this, then I learned my lesson for the future: exploit absolutely every bug I possibly can.
Post edited by Vodkasour00 on

Replies

• I intentionally avoided exploiting your known bug, which I did so as a responsible gamer as well as someone who works in the industry and recognizes the harms that bug exploits cost both players and developers. I did this believing I was doing the right thing.

Your compensation plan is the MOST neglectful and harmful to players like myself who did the right thing by not exploiting this bug.

Your compensation plan seems to only reward those who already had 7* Malaks, I.e. the people who shouldn’t have gained anything from the event ANYWAY. Why are you compensating people who shouldn’t have been gaining anything from this event in the first place?!

I was - and am - at 95/100 in Malak shards. Had I exploited this bug, I would have received massive currency for all but 5 shards which you do not appear to be rolling back for those who exploited this. Now a ton of people who shouldn’t have been compensated in the first place are gaining a fairly significant currency advantage over me only because I am 5 shards away from max and also did not exploit, leaving me out of both buckets of people who received (or will receive) currency. That threshold and the reasoning for it makes absolutely no sense.

Either compensate everyone equally or no one. The people you are harming the most with your plan are the people like me who did the right thing. If you fail to correct this, then I learned my lesson for the future: exploit absolutely every bug I possibly can.

Did you even read the ******* post CG made?
  • Yup. I did. People with 7* Malaks who didn’t exploit bug get equivalent shard currency to those who did exploit. Anyone who did exploit and received currency as a result aren’t getting it rolled back (at least no rollback mentioned in post).

Everyone gets 250 crystals, including those who also got currency.

So what’s your point?

What do you mean by rollback???

Their Malaks will go from 7* to 6 or 5* if they upgraded him during the period

"roll back any character star promotions and changes to the state Darth Malak"
  • I take serious offense to the word usage 'exploit'. An event became active, I participated. I didn't exploit anything.

I do agree that players such as myself that already had 7 star Malak should not be the only ones receiving the shard shop currency.
  • Yup. I did. People with 7* Malaks who didn’t exploit bug get equivalent shard currency to those who did exploit. Anyone who did exploit and received currency as a result aren’t getting it rolled back (at least no rollback mentioned in post).

Everyone gets 250 crystals, including those who also got currency.

So what’s your point?

Youre a bit off there. People who begin with 5* malak, get nothing. People with 6* get 1125. People with 7* get 2250. Everyone gets 250 crystals.

People who used crystals and/or money to gear up xii malak will get the gear back (instead of the crystals that it cost).
  • @Machinist I don't think what you said is true. CG's post said only those with 7* Malak get any shard shop currency.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    miketo wrote: »
    I take serious offense to the word usage 'exploit'. An event became active, I participated. I didn't exploit anything.

I do agree that players such as myself that already had 7 star Malak should not be the only ones receiving the shard shop currency.

Why are you offended? Exploit is the word, and that's how it's used.
  • trianglesubmissi
    32 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    "Some players received extra shards that already owned Darth Malak at 7*. To reconcile this difference, we will be granting all players that owned Darth Malak at 7* on 10/18/2019 12:01 AM PDT, some Shard Shop Currency. Players that did not receive additional shards will receive 2250 Shard Shop Currency. Players that received only one tier of additional shards will receive 1125. Players that received two tiers of additional shards will not receive any additional currency."

In other words, just those with 7 Stars. If you had 7 stars and you finished both the light and dark side, you get no addition shard shop currency. If you had 7 stars and you finished just one of the light or dark side, you get 1124 shard shop currency. If you had less than 7 stars you get no shard shop currency.
  • But no matter what. I understand. I honestly thought that they were planning to give the shards out, cuz when I tapped "find" on malak shards, it pointed me to an event that was about to come (3 days in advance) so I waited 3 days.

After getting him to rank 7 i spent money gearing him up, and spent all the guild earning on other gear.

Now im stuck with gear that I dont need, and a rank 6 malak.
  • Honestly, theyre going too far with all this stuff. Getting GS was tougher than malak. Plus GS has 4 zetas? I mean... huh? A zeta on a basic?

Theyre going too far. And im interested less and less.
  • No, what they should do is let it all go. Those who did this spent MONEY. And yes, im one of them. I dont need the gear that only malak can have when he reaches rank7.

The event went up and I went along. I did not cheat in any way. Its not my fault they got sloppy and didnt check the encodings before they released it.
  • Machinist wrote: »
    No, what they should do is let it all go. Those who did this spent MONEY. And yes, im one of them. I dont need the gear that only malak can have when he reaches rank7.

The event went up and I went along. I did not cheat in any way. Its not my fault they got sloppy and didnt check the encodings before they released it.

Anyone that thought this was a gift of 57k GET of Malak shards deserve exactly what they are getting with the rollback.
  • I have a 7* DM and I think that everyone that had a 5* or greater DM before the event should receive the 2,250 shard shop currency. Change this now CG. Roll back the shards, sure. But give them their shard shop currency!
    No, what they should do is let it all go. Those who did this spent MONEY. And yes, im one of them. I dont need the gear that only malak can have when he reaches rank7.

Anyone that thought this was a gift of 57k GET of Malak shards deserve exactly what they are getting with the rollback.

And let me ask you. Why not? Hey, for all of us who arent F2P players... for God sakes give us SOMETHING. Give all the players a break. General Skywalker was a nightmare. It was harder than malak.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Machinist wrote: »

For all those who spent MONEY, you realize you converted MONEY to game currency. The minute you do that, you acknowledge that your MONEY is not that important to you. It's not like you chose to get extra malak shards instead of buying food for your family because this was just a deal you couldn't pass up.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

For all those who spent MONEY, you realize you converted MONEY to game currency. The minute you do that, you acknowledge that your MONEY is not that important to you. It's not like you chose to get extra malak shards instead of buying food for your family because this was just a deal you couldn't pass up.

Just cuz i spend money on games doesnt mean money isnt important to me. Im a gamer. The only system im not into is playstation. And I as a gamer, I spend money on games.

And let me ask you. Why not? Hey, for all of us who arent F2P players... for God sakes give us SOMETHING. Give all the players a break. General Skywalker was a nightmare. It was harder than malak.

It seems that people that didn't yet have a 7* Malak were all too eager to exploit this bug. You could have easily waited until CG commented on the situation before you spent money or crystals to gear up a toon that you didn't earn.

I definitely think that they should either take away all shard shop tokens from everyone that got them through the bug. Or give everyone with that had more than 10/85 shards a portion of the 2250 that they are giving to players that had a 7* Malak, as other forum members have suggested.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Just cuz i spend money on games doesnt mean money isnt important to me. Im a gamer. The only system im not into is playstation. And I as a gamer, I spend money on games.

I'd say it's a little less important to you.
  • In real live a mistake stays a mistake. So what, why roll back. EA should stand to this f*** and let the event run that kind forever! Every one can reach Malak easily at 7* and must not join a super-guild from over 200 Mio.
    The Players, who spend GET were better in Arena for the last 6 month. That is enough reward. And they have 150 chards for the shop.
    Greets!
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    I have a 7* DM and I think that everyone that had a 5* or greater DM before the event should receive the 2,250 shard shop currency. Change this now CG. Roll back the shards, sure. But give them their shard shop currency!

They shouldn’t give currency to people who would not have been able to gain currency anyway.

What they should (and should be able to) do is simply run an algorithm that calculates the max currency someone could have earned based on the current malak shard # they have.

If someone is 7*, give them 2250. If someone is 95/100, give them 2175. If someone is 15/100, give them 1275. If someone is 10/85, give them 0 currency, cuz they wouldn’t have gotten currency currency with 150 shards anyway.

That's complete ****. You're basically saying part of the player base should get stiffed by having another part boosted one way or another simply because of a choice they made. Everyone should get the exact same benefits no one should get more than others. I unlocked malak during this event as normal. I was already behind other people who farmed to get characters ready the last 2 events, but that's a choice I made and I'm fine with it. Now you're coming along and saying that because of someone's mistake I should be penalised by having the rest of the player base get boosted with free stuff they weren't entitled to in the first place. F that.