I reached out to EA support, and they directed me to share with y'all

Replies

• Kyno wrote: »
    Can you please explain the bait and switch?

Are you referring to the rewards that stated "first time rewards" as they were advertised??

@Kyno i wouldn’t call it a bait and switch, more like a poorly thought out and untested change to ‘something in the background’ but that does seem to be fairly typical of thing sin the last three/six months.

Without wanting to appear like I’m grumbling or being unreasonable, which numpty decided to make the event replay-able at all? None of the other legendary type battles are, until they are made mythic. Shame whichever genius made that decision didn’t think to make it consistent with existing code in the game.

But never mind, it’s all forgiven, whoopsie..

Like I said earlier, my concern is given the lack of actual testing or quality control that seems to happen in this game, what happens when something else gets broken?

I quote now, I used shop currency to take malak to 6* on the morning of the event coming back, I then used 100 from the bugged event and shard shopped the rest. Rolling me back to midnight on that day will take my malak to 5* and I would imagine, miraculously remove the get1 I spent post midnight Pacific time and pre the event being flagged as a bug.. hence why I’m predicting a 4 hour conversation with customer support, before they tell me to come and post on the forum, for yet again, nothing to be done.

But all is well, move on nothing to see here..
  • wogitalia wrote: »
    Damodamo wrote: »
    I took advantage of the bug, I asked about a week ago (when the event popped up in the in game tab) why is it listing shards as a reward and why is it even popping up? I unlocked him second time around, so wasn’t sure if it was meant to or not. Kudos to cg for quality control again!
    Anyone who used the ‘bug’ is going to lose the 7* malak, fair enough, no one is actually further behind than they were, so no harm no foul there..

my issue is what else are they going to break when they do the roll back? How many posts are there going to be where ea support tell you to post in the forum as they ‘can’t’ help... funny how cg break something and can roll back when they want to do it, but if something else goes wrong they can’t do anything..

Other than people using their valuable time to do it. There is no way I do the event again without the shard shop reward being there, period. Maybe everyone should invoice their time to CG because I can tell you that my time is worth a lot more than 250 crystals and it's time that they wasted with their mistake by pulling an illegal bait and switch. You advertise one thing, for a week no less, and then when people actually get that thing you've advertised you go, oh wait no, that's not what we meant, here's some peanuts instead...

Dog act.

Only speak for yourself. I already had my 7* Malak prior to the 3rd coming of his event. And I found out about the bug by accident, because I was replaying the event for fun, without looking into the rewards tab first. As a huge Old Republic fan, it's fun to replay it with g13 and relics now! B) And I will replay it again next time for no rewards, too. I wish they would allow the same for the Journey type events.
    wogitalia wrote: »
    I took advantage of the bug, I asked about a week ago (when the event popped up in the in game tab) why is it listing shards as a reward and why is it even popping up? I unlocked him second time around, so wasn’t sure if it was meant to or not. Kudos to cg for quality control again!
    Anyone who used the ‘bug’ is going to lose the 7* malak, fair enough, no one is actually further behind than they were, so no harm no foul there..

my issue is what else are they going to break when they do the roll back? How many posts are there going to be where ea support tell you to post in the forum as they ‘can’t’ help... funny how cg break something and can roll back when they want to do it, but if something else goes wrong they can’t do anything..

Other than people using their valuable time to do it. There is no way I do the event again without the shard shop reward being there, period. Maybe everyone should invoice their time to CG because I can tell you that my time is worth a lot more than 250 crystals and it's time that they wasted with their mistake by pulling an illegal bait and switch. You advertise one thing, for a week no less, and then when people actually get that thing you've advertised you go, oh wait no, that's not what we meant, here's some peanuts instead...

Dog act.

Are you referring to the rewards that stated "first time rewards" as they were advertised??

Advertising the rewards for the best part of a week (when the event was listed), then continuing to advertise them for another 10 hours without any comment regarding it is clear advertisement of what the rewards would be for completing the event this time.

It's really that simple. To then remove those rewards and offer a far lesser reward is pretty much the textbook definition of what a bait and switch is.

Luckily for myself all I invested was time but I still value my time and to be jerked around is a dog move by CG. If they'd made a comment during the advertisement or even initially upon it opening, fair enough, but they had 10 hours with no comment and plenty of comments previously that supported this as a legitimate (and good) action by them. I'm sure there are plenty of people who spent actual money on this false advertisement as well, those guys have got screwed over even harder.

You can try and spin it however you want but the simple fact is that for 10 hours they advertised this as the reward, paid it out as the reward and everything was functioning as could be reasonably expected and now they are going to take back what was given and offer something vastly inferior in its place.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Ooooh. You what free stuff others grinded and payed for. Absolutely reasonable for you to assume cg should screw all the first event finishers and spread free shards later. That's also in line with any progression system in every grindy mobilegame.
    I don't know what rided cg there for that REALLY Bad change.
    Not focused players should be able to get stuff way cheaper then focused players.

Or maybe CG should stop their current set up for epic confrontations and just release a 7* character to avoid all this ridiculousness. People spent hundreds on GAS and until you 7* him and can push him to G13 and relics he’s effectively useless
  • I love Reddit because people say things about Kyno that get you banned on this forum. Let’s all move to reddit where Kyno doesn’t have the power of a ****-Jugend.
  • Same I used several crystals to refresh the store multiple times to aquire more shards and spent almost 17k currency to gain additional shards to creep towards 7*.
  • CG: putting the FUN back in REFUND.
  • Thanks for sharing. Nice to see some humor woven in with the very valid frustration. I’m in a very similar spot to you and this might be the straw that breaks the camel’s back. I can almost feel the relief already of uninstalling and putting the recent history of this game behind me.
  • Everyone Who can read knew this was a bug. if You took advantage. Be grateful you were Not punished for exploit it.

• I love Reddit because people say things about Kyno that get you banned on this forum. Let’s all move to reddit where Kyno doesn’t have the power of a ****-Jugend.

Definitely no censoring what people say there. But... idk how much you want to advertise that
  • gflegui wrote: »
    Everyone Who can read knew this was a bug. if You took advantage. Be grateful you were Not punished for exploit it.

False. Again, CG is the absolute worst at communicating anything so no....most did not know.
  • Thank you for sharing. I as well hope CG does not go through with the resolution. I am in a very similar situation and likely to quit and dispute my recent purchase if they go through with this.
    Everyone Who can read knew this was a bug. if You took advantage. Be grateful you were Not punished for exploit it.

Many people on the forums, reddit, discord servers thought that it was an intentional thing done by CG as either a make good, or just as an evolution of that style of event. Good luck to them punishing people for their own mistakes.
  • Mitch08 wrote: »
    gflegui wrote: »

Many people on the forums, reddit, discord servers thought that it was an intentional thing done by CG as either a make good, or just as an evolution of that style of event. Good luck to them punishing people for their own mistakes.

100%. I am one who thought it was legit.
  • 5 min after I got him and put gear the reddit message pops up its a glitch. Earlier in the day it was advertised as a bonus on reddit.
  • Damodamo wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

@Kyno i wouldn’t call it a bait and switch, more like a poorly thought out and untested change to ‘something in the background’ but that does seem to be fairly typical of thing sin the last three/six months.

Without wanting to appear like I’m grumbling or being unreasonable, which numpty decided to make the event replay-able at all? None of the other legendary type battles are, until they are made mythic. Shame whichever genius made that decision didn’t think to make it consistent with existing code in the game.

Like I said earlier, my concern is given the lack of actual testing or quality control that seems to happen in this game, what happens when something else gets broken?

I quote now, I used shop currency to take malak to 6* on the morning of the event coming back, I then used 100 from the bugged event and shard shopped the rest. Rolling me back to midnight on that day will take my malak to 5* and I would imagine, miraculously remove the get1 I spent post midnight Pacific time and pre the event being flagged as a bug.. hence why I’m predicting a 4 hour conversation with customer support, before they tell me to come and post on the forum, for yet again, nothing to be done.

I feel for you there. I have an alt account that was created as a minor account on a tablet that is cracked.

I go on the forms. Kyno insists that contact support that they'd be glad to help. I did four hours later they say too baad nothing they can do.

So moral is Kyno's opinion of what support will do is often completely wrong.
  • Damodamo wrote: »

Kyno is often completely wrong.

Fixed it for you.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Dog act.

Advertising the rewards for the best part of a week (when the event was listed), then continuing to advertise them for another 10 hours without any comment regarding it is clear advertisement of what the rewards would be for completing the event this time.

It's really that simple. To then remove those rewards and offer a far lesser reward is pretty much the textbook definition of what a bait and switch is.

Luckily for myself all I invested was time but I still value my time and to be jerked around is a dog move by CG. If they'd made a comment during the advertisement or even initially upon it opening, fair enough, but they had 10 hours with no comment and plenty of comments previously that supported this as a legitimate (and good) action by them. I'm sure there are plenty of people who spent actual money on this false advertisement as well, those guys have got screwed over even harder.

You can try and spin it however you want but the simple fact is that for 10 hours they advertised this as the reward, paid it out as the reward and everything was functioning as could be reasonably expected and now they are going to take back what was given and offer something vastly inferior in its place.

You mean the rewards that were listed as "first time only", which is what they are, and they are making changes to ensure they follow what was advertised.... that's not a bait and switch in the slightest.

There are many descriptors that can be used for this situation, that is not one of them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Kyno i wouldn’t call it a bait and switch, more like a poorly thought out and untested change to ‘something in the background’ but that does seem to be fairly typical of thing sin the last three/six months.

I didnt question your take on this, I questioned the statement that it was a bait and switch when the stated rewards are what they are trying to give out...

As for anything you purchased with GET1, that will not be removed or changed, only rewards taken from the bugged event are being removed

Dog act.

You mean the rewards that were listed as "first time only", which is what they are, and they are making changes to ensure they follow what was advertised.... that's not a bait and switch in the slightest.

There are many descriptors that can be used for this situation, that is not one of them.

Well they've pulled it now so I can't see it to confirm one way or the other but the shards were listed under the "Possible rewards" for the week the event was advertised and then there was no "first time only" on the rewards tab when checking to confirm that those possible rewards were in fact being offered, just the shards sitting there clear as day.

That there was no comment for 10 hours that it wasn't working as intended is further conflicting to this "bug" 180 flip they've pulled. Simple fact is they had the reward advertised for 10 hours, some people bought and paid for it in that time and to then go and try and yank it back is a dog act. If Walmart puts up a sign and a bunch of people buy the product, they don't go chasing your house down and steal it back from you. People will accept this because it's digital theft and that seems to be alright for many but the simple fact is they advertised a reward, failed for 10 hours to even mention there was an alleged error and people in good faith dedicated their time and resources into achieving that reward.

Simple fact is that they said in the game that the reward would be 75 shards for each side and they did so for 10 hours after showing the shards in general for a week, then when people earned those rewards they want to take it all back and give you diddly squat in exchange, not even a pittance of what people would have spent to subsequently gear him after unlocking.
    I didnt question your take on this, I questioned the statement that it was a bait and switch when the stated rewards are what they are trying to give out...

As for anything you purchased with GET1, that will not be removed or changed, only rewards taken from the bugged event are being removed

@Kyno
    Sorry I offered my take on the subject, is it policy that opinions aren’t allowed?

As for what I purchased with get1 will not be removed or changed, the dev response is that Malaks will be rolled back to a midnight Pacific time state, thereby loosing what I bought with get1, it’s incredibly unlikely that that process will result in me being refunded what I have used. Forgive me for being pessimistic towards the handling of the roll back, but if an event can’t even be coded to only pay out rewards once, then how exactly are several hundred thousand accounts and transactions going to be checked and handled individually? Answer- they won’t, it will be a blanket roll back for everyone, under specific terms, as in malak will be rolled back, not shop currency, not crystals, nothing else just malak. But if I’m reading the dev compensation post incorrectly please enlighten me and everyone else? This isn’t a rant at you @Kyno i actually have time for you and the job you do, I appreciate you volunteer here and do admirable job, but your being left out on a limb defending people who aren’t giving you enough to defend them with. Hence the widespread rage at the moment.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2019

Kyno
    Sorry I offered my take on the subject, is it policy that opinions aren’t allowed?

As for what I purchased with get1 will not be removed or changed, the dev response is that Malaks will be rolled back to a midnight Pacific time state, thereby loosing what I bought with get1, it’s incredibly unlikely that that process will result in me being refunded what I have used. Forgive me for being pessimistic towards the handling of the roll back, but if an event can’t even be coded to only pay out rewards once, then how exactly are several hundred thousand accounts and transactions going to be checked and handled individually? Answer- they won’t, it will be a blanket roll back for everyone, under specific terms, as in malak will be rolled back, not shop currency, not crystals, nothing else just malak. But if I’m reading the dev compensation post incorrectly please enlighten me and everyone else? This isn’t a rant at you Kyno i actually have time for you and the job you do, I appreciate you volunteer here and do admirable job, but your being left out on a limb defending people who aren’t giving you enough to defend them with. Hence the widespread rage at the moment.

No I just wanted to be clear, that is all. There are times when my responses are taken out of context and applied to other topics being discussed.

We asked for clarification on these pointed when it happened, and the response we got was that the only shards being removed are pertaining to shards earned from the bugged event. Anything else removed (gear, zetas, or other) will be returned to the player. They are in no way taking away anyone's GET, or removing anything from someone's account that was earned or purchased through normal game play/activities.

Feel free to make guesses at how you feel this will work, I am working off the information given to us.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    @Kyno thats fine I appreciate you have been given a mission statement of what the intention cg have and what they intend to do. I actually find that helpful, as it will assist me dealing with customer support when it all goes wonky and that isn’t a guess really either. Having a mod state publicly that cg won’t be removing get or anything else as that’s the information given is helpful to support any claims that have to be made when the inevitable cludge happens.
  • Mitch08 wrote: »

And many other read that shards are aware for the first time you do it... so... if you do it a second o third time and gives you shards something went wrong since the description of the event is cristal clear.

May be if you didn’t read it you may fool yourself.

• CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Another problem I have is that they are screwing over people that didn't happen to have the 7* malak by denying them the 2,250 shard shop currency. I have a 7* malak, and got the shard shop currency. I'm happy for myself. My friend was 30 shards short of 7* and will lose out on the 2,250 shard shop currency. That's kind of a **** move for him, because his only crime was not hoarding the GET like I did. I feel that everyone should get the 2,250 shard shop currency if you had malak unlocked prior to this event.

CG, please just give people their malak shards and everyone will be happy.

Hey it's CG, what would you expect? They don't give two flying Mynocks for the F2P community.

Mitch08 wrote: »

And many other read that shards are aware for the first time you do it... so... if you do it a second o third time and gives you shards something went wrong since the description of the event is cristal clear.

May be if you didn’t read it you may fool yourself.

That’s completely inaccurate. During the farm boy flash events they gave us scavenger shards repeatedly, even though it said “first time” there as well. You’re only saying it’s different now because you aren’t thinking objectively. No one cheated to get these shards. It wasn’t an exploit.

• Basically everything you say is partly wrong.
    It was on for 10h because they where not at work.
    The event did say first time.
    At Walmart they don't let you purchase stuff that isn't listed cheaper in there system.
    The bug is an open window at Walmart and you taking stuff and jumping out.. [/quote]

Actually. If Wal-Mart publishes an advertisement listing it at a price. They have to honor that price. Otherwise they are liable for false advertisement actions.