GEC and roll back

I upgraded Malak with GEC and completed the event. I assumed CG hadn't screwed up. What I want to know is that you will refund the GEC I applied after only doing the DS portion of the event to get Malak to 7 stars. It just looks like that's gonna be wiped and I used GEC to buy 20 shards?

Replies

• Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    Options
    I used 9k currency on gear for other toons instead of malak shards. Do I get that back? If not I'll be further behind than when I started.
  • Options
    Xlor1 wrote: »
    I used 9k currency on gear for other toons instead of malak shards. Do I get that back? If not I'll be further behind than when I started.

I know some people who are in the same boat. After receiving those free Malak shards and getting them to 7*, they went and spent their remaining GET currency on gear (because they assumed that with the free shards they didn't need those GET tokens anymore to 7* him). It's a tough situation and expecting a refund wouldn't be too wrong, but I'm not sure they're gonna do this. Message the support and see what they can do. I think they'd do such situations on a case by case basis.
  • Options
    😂🤣😂🤣
    Anyone with half a brain should have realized that getting those "extra" malak shards was a mistake and shouldn't have been so quick to level him up and spend money, crystals, or GET on gear for him. I suspect that everyone that quickly upgraded him knew it was a mistake and where just trying to exploit the bug before the event was cancelled and hoped that they would be able to keep their ill-gotten 7* Malak.
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    😂🤣😂🤣
    Anyone with half a brain should have realized that getting those "extra" malak shards was a mistake and shouldn't have been so quick to level him up and spend money, crystals, or GET on gear for him. I suspect that everyone that quickly upgraded him knew it was a mistake and where just trying to exploit the bug before the event was cancelled and hoped that they would be able to keep their ill-gotten 7* Malak.

why? u never know what they are up to.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    This is a very fair point. I’m sure there’s tonnes of players who used GET to buy gear because they thought they was getting malak shards legitimately. There is only one fair way to fix this. Those who spent 60k GET would feel robbed that everyone else got to spend that on gear of GAS, those who used their get for gear have been robbed, those who spent real money to farm for event have also been shortchanged.

Fairest way imho is give everyone who has unlocked malak the 60k GET. Therefore making him a 7* unlock and whilst we’re at it never do a 5* unlock for a character that requires 10 g13 (gas) or 10+ g12 (DM).
    Xlor1 wrote: »

• Options
    The rollback is a screw up no matter what way you slice it. They need to return GET to people who already had Malak and leave the rest alone. Too many variables.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Did you complete the event for the first time (this time) doing both the LS and the DS of the event?

Did you just do the DS 2 times?

Did you previously have malak unlocked?
  • Teyla
    1 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Like many players I spent my GET because I didn’t had any reason to keep them anymore for malak, it’s weeks of savings, if i don’t get them back, I stop playing and open dispute on money spent on the game.
    It was no indications it was a bug ! There is no way to be penalized such way !
    If you want to repair your mistake, give back the GET currency we had before the bug and take back the items bough, also refound crystal bough.
    Else this mean you are just trying to get advantage of this bug to earn more, and this would be INTOLERABLE !

I never post, it’s my first one since 2 years and half, I hate injustice !
  • Options
    At first I thought it was to correct the fact we also have to farm GAS with GET now. The currency was already screwed up to begin with. It was supposed to ease the gear burden and that didn't happen I guess.
  • Options
    😂🤣😂🤣

Your just saying that the EA/CG company is the greediest Corp on Earth and no players shouldn't expect any content or any gesture toward the players ever ....
    If you think, EA/CG made a simple good decision for players, you should just think, it's a bug because it's EA/CG who are running the Game ...
    Why are we still playing this ******* Game ?