Why your Malak plan isn’t good enough by far

Prev1
First of all you are screwing over everyone who has got Malak but not on 7 stars. Those who have him on 7* get currency, we get nothing.

Secondly probably many people have invested gear that won’t be restored. I have really struggled the first time around. The light sight part of the event really sucks balls and so I put on quite some additional gear. I even invested some crystals for gear for characters I hardly use.

Thirdly It took me quite some time to beat the event again. And now all I get for that is 250 crystals? That doesn’t recompense my investment at all.

Quit screwing up CG and when you do screw up as big as this one you really need to give out bigger recompensation!

Replies

• GambrinusKluk
    222 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    1st: Stop whining, CG confirmed with @Kyno that everyone that had a Malak on Oct 17th will get shard shop currency. And the amount of shard shop currency is pathetic anyway and i wouldn't care if they just took it all away from everyone and just gave everyone a few more crystals for this mistake.

2nd: They clearly said that all gear that you got from exploiting the bug and putting on your ill-gotten 7* Malak will be returned to your account.

3rd: You've got only yourself to blame for wasting your time trying to get shards you didn't deserve and that were obviously a mistake. The event was supposed to be 3 days, so why did you waste so much time right after it launched trying to get those shard? I'm gonna assume that you knew it was a mistake and you were trying to get them before they cancelled the event in hopes that they'd let you keep them.

I hope you've learned your lesson that when something seems too good to be true that it's just that "too good to be true".
  • thecooldue1996
    258 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    So what about people running it the first time? coz beat light side first and my Darkside toons where few bits gear off 12/17.5k I so spent money get them there. Now there's no date if he's coming back? bit shitie
  • So what about people running it the first time? coz beat light side first and my Darkside toons where few bits gear off 12/17.5k I so spent money get them there. Now there's no date if he's coming back? bit shitie

If you unlocked him this time you get to keep him, CG clearly says that in their post.

The only people that are still complaining are those that tried to exploit the bug and get 57k worth of GET shards for free while the rest of us saved for months to get those shards. Or some that are confused like yourself that think they are gonna take your newly unlocked Malak away.
  • thecooldue1996
    258 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    So what about people running it the first time? coz beat light side first and my Darkside toons where few bits gear off 12/17.5k I so spent money get them there. Now there's no date if he's coming back? bit shitie

If you unlocked him this time you get to keep him, CG clearly says that in their post.

The only people that are still complaining are those that tried to exploit the bug and get 57k worth of GET shards for free while the rest of us saved for months to get those shards. Or some that are confused like yourself that think they are gonna take your newly unlocked Malak away.

thing is have not unlocked.. I would have him today if the event was still up.
  • So what about people running it the first time? coz beat light side first and my Darkside toons where few bits gear off 12/17.5k I so spent money get them there. Now there's no date if he's coming back? bit shitie

thing is have not unlocked..

Oh, didn't realize you only did half the event. In you're case I'm not sure what they'll do. Most likely they'll take those those shards and you'll have to replay the event next week when they put it back out.

I'm truly sorry for you cause that sucks. You definitely have a right to be concerned. But I'd just hold tight for a few days and wait to see how things shake out before worrying too much about it.

Relax, he'll come back in a few days and you'll be able to do the event. So your money definitely doesn't go to waste. It's not like they cancelled it completely and forever. You'll just get him a little later, that's it.
  • @GambrinusKluk I’m not talking about gear spent on Malak but gear spent on the toons for the light side event.

No it was not obvious it’s a bug. I didn’t think CG was that stupid.
  • I want my money spent 10.18.2019 on malak refunded. CG served us all rewards and can't come after and tell us we were not allowed to play it.
  • I want my money spent 10.18.2019 on malak refunded. CG served us all rewards and can't come after and tell us we were not allowed to play it.

So refund it. Simple.
  • Money is spent for fast character boosts in this game no matter what way you look at it. For those that bought G12 and G13 for Malak it is negating the "fast" that you paid for. The gear could be farmed over the time period of months. I want my money back and I will get it by disputing the charges
  • Yesterday I unlocked Malak for the first time after trying it for a while, and I've already spent two zetas on him, but now I am not sure if continue gearing him up. Anyone could confirm me if I am going to keep my progress, or I if my malak is going to be reset too?

Thanks in advance
  • 1st: Stop whining, CG confirmed with @Kyno that everyone that had a Malak on Oct 17th will get shard shop currency. And the amount of shard shop currency is pathetic anyway and i wouldn't care if they just took it all away from everyone and just gave everyone a few more crystals for this mistake.

Everyone should get the crystals and shard shop currency PERIOD. This was a bug and everyone should get the same compensation for it. It would be no different than if any other previously completed event popped back up. If the EP, GMY, CLS, BB-8, JTR, R2-D2, C-3P0, Chewbacca, Thrawn, JKR, DR, or Padmè event popped up and allowed you to complete it again for shards, you would know it was a mistake. So why would anyone think that it isn't a mistake that you were able to do the Malak event again and earn extra shards.
  • Tygra wrote: »
    1st: Stop whining, CG confirmed with @Kyno that everyone that had a Malak on Oct 17th will get shard shop currency. And the amount of shard shop currency is pathetic anyway and i wouldn't care if they just took it all away from everyone and just gave everyone a few more crystals for this mistake.

Everyone should get the crystals and shard shop currency PERIOD. This was a bug and everyone should get the same compensation for it. It would be no different than if any other previously completed event popped back up. If the EP, GMY, CLS, BB-8, JTR, R2-D2, C-3P0, Chewbacca, Thrawn, JKR, DR, or Padmè event popped up and allowed you to complete it again for shards, you would know it was a mistake. So why would anyone think that it isn't a mistake that you were able to do the Malak event again and earn extra shards.

There fair bit different mags vs all them toons lol..
  • Worth noting that in California Consumer Law a bait and switch, which is absolutely what this is, is illegal and consumers are protected. So I'd be asking for a full refund of all money spent and provide a nice big link to the California Consumer Law as your reference (CG operate in California).

It was not unreasonable for anyone to assume after all their talk about helping newer players to catch up, alleviating the gear bottlenecks on older gear and wanting players to enjoy and feel rewarded for replaying content that this was an intentional design. Throw in that it took them over 10 hours to even acknowledge that it was going on and it's absolutely ridiculous for them to then be punishing certain players based on their progress in the game (the very players who their bug was most rewarding to are the ones being punished, how's that for a dog move) and to be calling what was the best move they've made in a year a "bug".

Cowards.
  • Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    Hi. Can somebody please answer this?. I was hoarding get currency to 7* malak. I got 7* malak through the event so spent the get currency on gear for other toons (sep droids). I wouldn't of geared these toons if I'd of known they would do a roll back and id of obviously spent it on malak shards. Will my sep droids get rolled back and my get currency reimbursed or am I screwed? Thanks.
  • Xlor1 wrote: »
    Hi. Can somebody please answer this?. I was hoarding get currency to 7* malak. I got 7* malak through the event so spent the get currency on gear for other toons (sep droids). I wouldn't of geared these toons if I'd of known they would do a roll back and id of obviously spent it on malak shards. Will my sep droids get rolled back and my get currency reimbursed or am I screwed? Thanks.

Screwed
  • wogitalia wrote: »
    Worth noting that in California Consumer Law a bait and switch, which is absolutely what this is, is illegal and consumers are protected. So I'd be asking for a full refund of all money spent and provide a nice big link to the California Consumer Law as your reference (CG operate in California).

It was not unreasonable for anyone to assume after all their talk about helping newer players to catch up, alleviating the gear bottlenecks on older gear and wanting players to enjoy and feel rewarded for replaying content that this was an intentional design. Throw in that it took them over 10 hours to even acknowledge that it was going on and it's absolutely ridiculous for them to then be punishing certain players based on their progress in the game (the very players who their bug was most rewarding to are the ones being punished, how's that for a dog move) and to be calling what was the best move they've made in a year a "bug".

Cowards.

It’s not a bait and switch. On the rewards tab it clearly only indicated shards for first time completion. Shards were mistakenly awarded for second time completion.

It’s not false advertising.

Greedy or dishonest players tried to exploit an obvious mistake, hoping they’d get away with it. Isn’t going to work.

• Fathands wrote: »
    wogitalia wrote: »
    Worth noting that in California Consumer Law a bait and switch, which is absolutely what this is, is illegal and consumers are protected. So I'd be asking for a full refund of all money spent and provide a nice big link to the California Consumer Law as your reference (CG operate in California).

Cowards.

It’s not a bait and switch. On the rewards tab it clearly only indicated shards for first time completion. Shards were mistakenly awarded for second time completion.

Greedy or dishonest players tried to exploit an obvious mistake, hoping they’d get away with it. Isn’t going to work.

****. I clicked on the rewards tab and it showed Malak shards. I didn't have anything that said first time completion.

Cowards.

****. I clicked on the rewards tab and it showed Malak shards. I didn't have anything that said first time completion.

It was there. You didn't pay close enough attention.

Cowards.

It was there. You didn't pay close enough attention.

Yes I did. It was glitched.
  • I didn't say there wasn't a glitch.
    The rewards tab clearly indicated the shards were the reward for completing the event the 1st time.

Again, you're not reading.
  • I didn't say there wasn't a glitch.
    The rewards tab clearly indicated the shards were the reward for completing the event the 1st time.

Again, you're not reading.

Mine definitely did not. I read it perfectly fine and am disagreeing with you. All mine had was possible rewards and a picture of Malak shards.

• Ok, pal.

• [/quote]

****. I clicked on the rewards tab and it showed Malak shards. I didn't have anything that said first time completion.[/quote]

This is why we can’t have nice things. Posters who are either flat out lying, or totally ignorant.

It was there. You just missed it or didn’t bother reading it.
  • Where was it?
  • I didn't see it. Thats not a lie.
  • Check it out @LastBucsfan