Malak compensation - not a criticism just an opinion

I like many people managed to 7 star Malak yesterday because of the star forge error and I'm not overjoyed or surprised that it's being rolled back.

I've seen the compensation post and I think it breaks down like this:

1) Store shards, if you had 7* Malak you received 2k+ currency for the shards. Everyone will get this if they haven't already. Makes sense, no one misses out and a fair way to deal with the players who received shards.

2) Malak roll back. All Malak will be reverted and gear returned to inventory. A lot of people (myself included) will be unhappy with this (and I think rightly so - we have done nothing wrong, ok a slight criticism there) but not a surprising turn of events. Getting gear back you had in your inventory is all good, but what about the players who spent real money or crystals to specifically gear Malak? I'm not one of these thankfully but I don't think it's ok rolling back Malak and keeping real cash or crystals spent on gear. I hope CG will at least be reviewing individual complaints and additional compensation requests for these players.

3) 250 crystals across the board compensation for all. This I feel does not compensate anything. 250 crystals isn't even top rewards in either arena and CG can easily do better. How about providing a rare gear piece everyone needs, stun gun or kroyotech (gold stun gun would be a dream 😉) for example.

This has effected every end game player in one way or another and must concern new players that an error so huge could occur (and be left live for so long, sorry another criticism there). I personally feel 250 crystals says next to nothing to players effected. Some will have played for hours for the shards. Not good enough.

I would be interested to see a moderator response but am curious if everyone feels the same or has a different opinion.

D

Replies

• UV_
    24 posts Member
    The Malak shards should remain, and the 250 crystals are an offense after all the last events.
    All the new things implemented lately, relics and so on, emptied the players' pockets so that more and more colleagues are quitting the game.
    To take back the Malak shards would be the ultimate proof of greed from CG and I'm afraid that would bring closer the end of this game.
    CG, if you read these comments, just don't do it! You'll see, your P&L will look better in the end if you let it go.
  • Revan_Presence
    65 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I can only say one thing. Steal my brand new 7* Malak, and I'll mention that in my following 1* review of this game on Google Play.
    When I was doing this event the second time, I was thinking that it's a feature, not a bug. I thought "omg, that's the first good thing that CG did in months". Finally something nice after all the lame stuff that makes people quit the game.
    And then bang! We find out that it was a bug, which is a pretty annoying statement already. But then, as if it wasn't enough, we find out that CG is gonna steal back the shards that people won.
    Eaw.
    And no, complaining about "roll back" is not the stupid thing. Legendary Confrontation events where you have to farm additional currency to bring your toon to 7* is.
  • I'm waiting to see how much they're going to mess up refunding everyone. That might cause even more outrage :flushed:
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Preach brother
  • I didn't know it was a bug and i spent all my crystals to gear up malak. If they take my shards away I'm leaving this game for good
  • CG makes an error, so will roll back rewards to cover their mistake, then throws some token crystals to make a minor effort at appeasement. What about the impact on GA, Arena, TW since the error? Why not just leave it alone? The players with 7* Malak probably don’t care a whole lot, and the whales are focused on the next meta with super (over) powered Gen Anakin. Don’t make the mistake any worse...it’s only going to drive more players away.
  • Plus, Malak had become outdated even before most of the people who have him now had their time to bring him up to 7 *. First there was Padme, then Grievous and other seps buffs, then Shaak Ti, then relics, 501 and then, finally, the Mighty General Skybroken. That's why this idea of forcing people to top him off through guild currency is lame as hell.
    Personally, I was 15 shards short from getting Malak to 7 * when the current event started, and even then I was considering to stop farming him because starting to pile up this cash for Gen Skybroken could be a better idea.
    Stealing this shards now would be one of the top 10, probably #1, lamest thing that CG-ys has ever made and it 100% must be mentioned in every review of this game.
  • I run a business, if my employee or I make a mistake we eat that and make it right for the customer. Give Crystal's to those that didn't get him and leave those of us with him alone.
    I'm sorry about your bottom line but customer retention and your ratings are the only way to keep a game like this alive.
  • They have to keep postponing the ****, as it's taking more time and energy than originally anticipated. Nevertheless, they will push on and put forth the extra effort necessary to anger players enough to move on from this stale game.
  • With reference to the problem "MALAK" I am shocked and deeply angry. I understand the bug but the management leaves me perplexed and unsatisfied.
    I spent real money in those days to upgrade Malak and now you return the materials I bought specifically for Malak. What am I doing now? I don't want to use them for other characters, I don't care. I would have expected a completely different solution, certainly not a deeply unsatisfactory one.
    Among other things, a bad assumption was created. What I buy can be removed with reimbursements decided by you and not agreed and without the possibility of negotiation. This principle now makes me suspicious of future purchases. I buy one thing and I get another unwanted item or it becomes useless for the intended purpose (if I buy a material to upgrade Malak, I have to use it for that) otherwise you have to make the money REAL, not material or gem or anything else.
    I thought it was a serious software house but obviously now you have totally lost my confidence even for the next games you will be playing.
    Among other things, was Apple involved? Does it comply with their rules? With this assumption anyone can behave as you did.
    Last annotation: the program manages the Italian language therefore the messages should be in Italian and not in English.
  • This thread is pretty old but I just want to leave my disaffection that because the malak event was 3 weeks late I will probably lose my GAC match up to my opponent due to him having one and me not. Thanks for giving him to me to late to help in this months gac...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    OldMan754 wrote: »
    This thread is pretty old but I just want to leave my disaffection that because the malak event was 3 weeks late I will probably lose my GAC match up to my opponent due to him having one and me not. Thanks for giving him to me to late to help in this months gac...

You will still be able to use him in this month’s GAC, just not this week’s GA.