250 crystals is no where near enough

Prev1
The bait and switch fraud aside this is a case of a company making a huge mistake. Given that the crystal economy is not like a real world currency and that CG can just magic crystals into existence giving us 250 of them is pitiful.

This needs to be 2500 at least, this is a huge balls up and as such needs to be compensated. This isn't a few minutes down time or a slow down in service this was a game ruining problem for people.

I had malak second time round and saved the GET1 for it so have no stake in the whole "I want to keep my malak seven star argument"

Replies

• thecooldue1996
    258 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    spent more then 250 on G11+ gear bits.. for needed darkside toons for G12 But 250 is fine for me
  • same here. spent lot more than 250 crystals to get ready on time just to have the event srapped and postponed.
  • I am not concerned with what you indurvidually spent though. This is a kick in the teeth for a large swathe of the community whether they had malak to 7* already or not.
  • Money is spent for fast character boosts in this game no matter what way you look at it. For those that bought G12 and G13 for Malak it is negating the "fast" that you paid for. The gear could be farmed over the time period of months. I want my money back and I will get it by disputing the charges
  • As a long time player (almost 4 years now) I agree that 250 crystals is a joke. Why? Because that's what the compensation used to be for mistakes and bugs in 2015.
    That was long before higher energy nodes, multiple level cap increases, ships, g10-13, relics, mods, and the general state of the game the players affected are in. In-game crystal inflation has always been there. The only thing that hasn't "caught up" is "oops crystals".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    As a long time player (almost 4 years now) I agree that 250 crystals is a joke. Why? Because that's what the compensation used to be for mistakes and bugs in 2015.
    That was long before higher energy nodes, multiple level cap increases, ships, g10-13, relics, mods, and the general state of the game the players affected are in. In-game crystal inflation has always been there. The only thing that hasn't "caught up" is "oops crystals".

Or the amount you get when you buy them. The value of $$$ has decreased significantly since launch.
  • Compensation for a minor bug was 500 cx and worth a lot with the highest gear level at 8 or 9
    Today, they spit on every players with 250 cx that worth nothing .... With G13 relic...
  • Fredy5 wrote: »
    Compensation for a minor bug was 500 cx and worth a lot with the highest gear level at 8 or 9
    Today, they spit on every players with 250 cx that worth nothing .... With G13 relic...

That's right. They did give out 500. Lol. So yeah, 250 is even more of a pittance.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    Lozsta wrote: »
    The bait and switch fraud

LxM.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Well, I woke up Friday morning and , to my surprise, saw I could get more Malak shards. I proceeded to take some vacation time from work and was excited about the game. Now, those Malak shards will disappear. Maybe, I should tell my employer that I want to roll back to Friday morning and get my vacation time back. Honestly, CG...get your act together. You owe all of these players a better experience. Maybe, if your staff was cut to a minimum level, you wouldn’t have to constantly **** off your fan base every month.
  • All of this could be solved if they hired people with actual skill

Careful there...those kind of seditious comments will earn you the ire of the “CG can do nothing wrong police” on this forum.

I believe "CG Defense Force" is the title you were looking for....

• Jarvind wrote: »

LxM.gif

"Here have shards gear up your shiny new seven star malak with your hard earned cash" BAIT

"haha only joking we will be rolling that back" AND SWITCH

Using the beautiful Inigo Montoya does not take away from what a number people are calling a "bait and switch"
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Jarvind wrote: »

LxM.gif

"Here have shards gear up your shiny new seven star malak with your hard earned cash" BAIT

"haha only joking we will be rolling that back" AND SWITCH

Using the beautiful Inigo Montoya does not take away from what a number people are calling a "bait and switch"

"Bait and switch" implies that it was done intentionally. This was pretty obviously a mistake. You really think they'd deliberately let everyone get extra shards just to yoink them back? What would be the point? CG certainly makes some dumb decisions now and then, but I'm fairly sure they didn't just sit around a table and go "lolz lets just **** everyone off for no reason."

Anyone who didn't have him unlocked previously is unaffected, and anyone who already finished him gets a little bonus. I'll agree that it kind of sucks for anyone who was able to 7-star him this way, but frankly, having done the brutal GET farm myself, it would be pretty **** if a bunch of people got to just skip that whole step.

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• It was done intentionally. They knew of the issue before the event went live. And they let it go live. Intent!

CG Defense Force.. ASSemble.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    It was done intentionally. They knew of the issue before the event went live. And they let it go live. Intent!

giphy.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    It was done intentionally. They knew of the issue before the event went live. And they let it go live. Intent!

giphy.gif

Its EA dont need show anything ;)

They took months to fix exploits in Grand Arena knowing it was happening, but stayed silent, but then in a matter of days they will "fix" this Malak bug.

How convenient, right?

Incompetence is a recurring thing in this company.

They took months to fix exploits in Grand Arena knowing it was happening, but stayed silent, but then in a matter of days they will "fix" this Malak bug.

How convenient, right?

All of this could be solved if they hired people with actual skill

How convenient, right?

Incompetence is in lot of usa own phone games they are cash cows or codding skills are they poor everything is buggy every time they push something out
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

giphy.gif

The evidence is that it was posted on our games for a FRAKKING week and they were notified by multiple players of the issue. It literally was printed in black and white in the event description. They CHOSE not to do anything until 10 hours after the event was live. How is that not evidence, herr Jarvis?

It’s people like you who are the reason we have a baboon in the Oval Office. Towing the party line regardless of sanity

Are you talking about the fact that the event showed the first time rewards as possible rewards before it started? That has happened for events in the past, and yet those events did not give out the first time rewards again to people who had already received them once the event was live. So that is not actually evidence that the event was bugged.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    I think CG/EA are completely inept in every possible way, especially public relations.

However, I highly doubt any of the malak debacle was intentional. The downside far outweighs the upside for them.

Intent isn't necessary in all cases. Gross negligence is often enough. And there is strong evidence that they were negligent in putting this event out when they should have known it wasn't working as intended.

But even if there is no legal liability, the customer service and the pr implications of putting an event live that gives malak shards and the taking them away due to their own negligence is bad customer service.

And 250 crystals in exchange for 150 malak shards is an insult. And if tgey do this, I have no faith in their company and will quit this game. And hope that everyone else follows suit.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    I think CG/EA are completely inept in every possible way, especially public relations.

However, I highly doubt any of the malak debacle was intentional. The downside far outweighs the upside for them.

Intent isn't necessary in all cases. Gross negligence is often enough. And there is strong evidence that they were negligent in putting this event out when they should have known it wasn't working as intended.

But even if there is no legal liability, the customer service and the pr implications of putting an event live that gives malak shards and the taking them away due to their own negligence is bad customer service.

And 250 crystals in exchange for 150 malak shards is an insult. And if tgey do this, I have no faith in their company and will quit this game. And hope that everyone else follows suit.

Yeah, but it's 250 free crystals for 150 malak shards ppl weren't supposed to get...

I do agree with you on the customer service angle. Doesn't seem like it would hurt them any to give maybe 1000. Honestly even that is pittance, but it would still be a good gesture.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »

Yeah, but it's 250 free crystals for 150 malak shards ppl weren't supposed to get...

I do agree with you on the customer service angle. Doesn't seem like it would hurt them any to give maybe 1000. Honestly even that is pittance, but it would still be a good gesture.

It wasn't my mistake that the event rewarded malak shards again. I played the event and topped off my malak from 30/100. To be honest anything that isn't worth at least 70 malak shards is not enough.

And I'm donee with this game if they don't make this right. They can do what they want with that but it is in their best interest to make their customers happy.