Some unsolicited advice

Prev1
leef
13458 posts Member
If doing something that is supposed to be an enjoyable activity, for example playing swgoh, is so upsetting that you feel compelled to curse out the devs, it's probably better to look for your enjoyment elsewhere for the time being.
It's a game, it's supposed to be fun!
I get the whole value of negative feedback and all that and i certainly do love a good whine with my cheese, but after seeying some of the comments about basically getting stuff for free i actually start to feel sorry for some of those players. It's not worth it to get this upset about it. If it's a money issue it's probably for the best to re-evaluate some of your choices on that front as well.

Cue benny hill music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RrHHtZ-1vE
Save water, drink champagne!

Replies

• People are annoyed because CG are annoying. They are the least consumer friendly businesses we've had the displeasure of gaming with.

If EA didn't have an exclusive deal (I for one hope that it doesn't get renewed in 2023) we wouldn't be here. This game would already be dead.

The only reason the devs have been able to get away with treating the community so badly is due to CG/EA holding a monopoly on a franchise we all know and love.
  • We do enjoy playing it when CG is not **** everything up lol
  • Oh, people will remember. Many of us will never spend a dime on this game again if they go through with this half **** reconciliation
  • Oh, people will remember. Many of us will never spend a dime on this game again if they go through with this half **** reconciliation

Yes especially small spenders like me.
  • Indeed, I've spent a fair bit in the past & even considered spending to push up Padme a day or two ago.

Now, I feel they've have burned the remainder of my good will. Each choice CG makes forces me further into going f2p.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

I don't care about your reasons, if you're not enjoying yourself it's probably best to take a break.
  • I do think there is a difference between "not enjoying yourself" in the game overall and voicing concerns, inequities or frustration about a particular aspect of how CG diea things.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • The content folks rarely come here to say how much fun they're having.
    Conversely, the frustrated ones frequently come here to vent.
  • Some of us just like to talk about cream cheese. . .
  • The content folks rarely come here to say how much fun they're having.

What was the last content?
    GAS... Have you seen anyone happy for unlocking him at 5 stars after spending hundreds of dollars ? ....
    There is no more fun...
    What was the contents before that ? Relic ? G13 ? ..... Where is the Fun ?
  • So, you're not having fun?
  • Let people vent their frustrations. Everything will be back to normal next week. No one will remember this. Lol
    I keep hearing this, but how much can the game take? People are quitting like crazy. Guilds are struggling to find members. It’s stuff like this that takes people that much closer to quitting.
    The bigger thing is it sure feels like the devs don’t care about the people playing the game. They seem so out of touch. I’m trying to remember the last time they did anything where I said wow.... these guys are awesome. I thought one dev in particular was the problem, but since that dev left it’s become drastically worse. I don’t know what happens behind closed doors, and I’m sure ea puts number requirements on the devs, but there doesn’t seem to be forward thinking that is in touch with the community happening. It’s all how they can hit their quarterly numbers. Forget long term investment.
    As always... I hope I’m proved wrong... they created an awesome game, and there was a time when it was just plain fun.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I do think there is a difference between "not enjoying yourself" in the game overall and voicing concerns, inequities or frustration about a particular aspect of how CG diea things.

I thought i made a clear distinction between players who're just voicing their concerns and players who're losing their mind over a mobile game.
    Then again, there are some serial complainersplayers who consistandly voice their concerns on this forum of whom i can't imagine they're still enjoying the game.
  • leef wrote: »
    If doing something that is supposed to be an enjoyable activity, for example playing swgoh, is so upsetting that you feel compelled to curse out the devs, it's probably better to look for your enjoyment elsewhere for the time being.
    I get the whole value of negative feedback and all that and i certainly do love a good whine with my cheese, but after seeying some of the comments about basically getting stuff for free i actually start to feel sorry for some of those players. It's not worth it to get this upset about it. If it's a money issue it's probably for the best to re-evaluate some of your choices on that front as well.

Cue benny hill music

Easier said than done. This game is a true addiction for many.
  • So, you're not having fun?

Only on Discord with my guildmate ...
    Without them I would have quit a long time ago... I don't expect any funny new thing in this game...
    And this last "bug" that could have not been one just convinced me
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Fredy5 wrote: »
    The content folks rarely come here to say how much fun they're having.

What was the last content?
    GAS... Have you seen anyone happy for unlocking him at 5 stars after spending hundreds of dollars ? ....
    There is no more fun...

Not "content" as in stuff to do... content as in happy..
  • The most fun I have is watching the ahnalds, mobile gamers, and cubs fan Hans theory craft. If it weren’t for those guys I’d be gone
  • Reading people loose their minds on this forum is fun.
  • Fredy5 wrote: »
    There is no more fun...
    Outplaying opponents in GA is fun.
    Goofng around in squad arena is fun.
    Playing TW with my guildmates us fun.
    Watching g13r5 Yoda wreck opponents like the Tazmanian Devil on Mountain Dew is fun.
    Powering up new squads and learning to play them is fun.
    Joking around with my guildmates is fun.

The endless stream of whining and complaining on the forums is not fun.
  • Why do you care about opinions that people have every right to put out in the open @leef? It's obvious to me that people are letting their frustrations be known, because they, used to/still care, about this game passionately. Everyone here is entitled to their opinion. If it bothers you that much, take a break from the forums. If you get the value of negative feedback, let people vent about it, and go on about your business. People care about this game, whether f2p or p2w. They want to see this game move forward in a positive direction, not the negative direction that it has been for the last few months. I doubt that anyone would complain about free stuff, it's the amount of free stuff they are receiving, given the debacle at hand.
  • leef wrote: »
    I don't care about your reasons, if you're not enjoying yourself it's probably best to take a break.

If you don't care, then why respond? Just to make yourself be heard? Lol
  • VaexquaGer wrote: »
    draxjcjiimjw.jpg

B)

I think I’ll pass this time.....

CG hasn’t done much to earn any credibility 🤷🏼‍♂️
    I bet half the people claiming this will open their wallets at the next update, if not within a few days.
  • Same people who threaten to quit won't do that either.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Why do you care about opinions that people have every right to put out in the open leef? It's obvious to me that people are letting their frustrations be known, because they, used to/still care, about this game passionately. Everyone here is entitled to their opinion. If it bothers you that much, take a break from the forums. If you get the value of negative feedback, let people vent about it, and go on about your business. People care about this game, whether f2p or p2w. They want to see this game move forward in a positive direction, not the negative direction that it has been for the last few months. I doubt that anyone would complain about free stuff, it's the amount of free stuff they are receiving, given the debacle at hand.

I'm sorry, but i fear you don't understand what i'm trying to say.
    I very much enjoy the forum, at times i even enjoy the forum more than the actual game. The main reason i enjoy it so much is because people are allowed to give their opinions, i love to argue with people over stupid stuff.
    However, when reading through some of the comments today i though i'd give some genuine advice to people who really seem to need it instead of just commenting in my usual, snarky and argumentative way.
    I'm fully aware that it probably won't help out in the grand scheme of things, but maybe one person reads it and thinks; "****, he's actually right for once. I'm sitting here threatening to stop playing/spending if things don't change and ím not actually having fun at all." Especially because it's a re-occuring situation, we've been here before and we will be here again. Lets be realistic, the devs screwed up pretty much every major release and bugs similar to this most recent one aren't exactly uncommon.
    While i personally enjoy exchanging comments with people like yourself and @JerrickKharr87 for my own entertainment, i'm geniune when i'm saying it might be best to re-evaluate your spending/playing if you feel like the OP applies to you. It's a game, you're supposed to play it for fun and not because you're addicted. I would like to put the emphasis on "if you feel like the OP applies to you", i'm not saying it does apply to you, that's for reader to decide whether it does or doesn't.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    The irony of this post is palpable. Emperor level Palpable.
    is it really?
    leef wrote: »

If you don't care, then why respond? Just to make yourself be heard? Lol

I don't care about the reason, the reason is irrelevant since it could be anything and everything.
    Blackula wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Cue benny hill music

Swing and a miss. You clearly aren't understanding what folks are upset over. It's the consistent blundering on CGs part. Other than this current debacle they still can't even get the core game to run correctly. It still freezes or makes errors. Add that to the hoarding aspect introduced and we end up here. Yes it's a game but like anything in life you spend time on it becomes meaningful and you tend to care about it.

I'm sorry, but i think it's you who clearly doesn't understand.