What about those who spent money to help unlock Malak?

Hello there, the day before the Malak event I decided to spend $15 on crystals for my alt to make sure I met all of the minimum requirements for the event. I wouldn’t have had to spend the money if I knew the event was going to be delayed. I was able to unlock Malak prior to the event being shutdown, but now it looks like he’ll be taken away in a few days.

So basically I spent real money when I didn’t need to and ended up getting no benefit from spending because of the bug. The 250 crystals will be nice, but not worth the money I paid, or the time I spent unlocking Malak in the wildly RNG heavy event.

I would suggest letting the people who unlocked Malak this time keep him. They gained no benefit from the glitch, possibly spent money, and defiantly spent time on an event (LS) that I suspect most refuse to repeat.

I understand this is more work for you, but it is the only way to be truly fair.

Alt account: CplArtemi

Replies

• Those of us who unlocked Malak this time, won't lose him. They will only roll back the Malaks from those who acquired shards exploiting the bug illegally.
    And I think we'll also get the 250 crystals. So it's a win-win for us.
  • Those of us who unlocked Malak this time, won't lose him. They will only roll back the Malaks from those who acquired shards exploiting the bug illegally.

I hope that’s correct Dog. It’s the only fair solution for the newer accounts.
  • It’d be nice if CG would recognize the asset management aspect of this game when it considers event timing alterations.
    I doubt anyone wants to ask for a refund to be malicious, but it seems a valid option when asset spending decisions are nullified by a timing change.

I wish they would be take a bit more time to consider they make good on this event.
  • Some very good points Pickles. I just hope they realize their current plan is great for everyone except the people who just unlocked him for the first time. Unfortunately those people, like me, are penalized by time and possibly money.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    SgtArtemi wrote: »
    Some very good points Pickles. I just hope they realize their current plan is great for everyone except the people who just unlocked him for the first time. Unfortunately those people, like me, are penalized by time and possibly money.

The people who just unlocked him aren’t penalized at all. The only people that are losing out are the ones who could have unlocked him but didn’t have a chance to do so before the event was pulled.
  • They said they were going to revert all Malaks back to their star level at 12:01 PST. Mine was still 0 stars at midnight. I got 5* at about 7am PST.
  • But you make a very good point. I did get to use mine in TW. If they had allowed the event to continue then you could’ve earned yours to use for TW also.

But I hope you’re right and they don’t revert the current 5* Malaks. That is the point of this thread.

Or give additional compensation to those that could’ve got him, or just unlocked him. It appears we won’t be getting the shard ship currency. So we get hit the hardest and don’t get the same level of compensation as the people who have 7* Malaks.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    They said they are going to remove the extra shards, as in the ones that people shouldn’t have gotten, and will revert Malaks to their prior state for anybody who received extra shards. This should not affect people who just unlocked him, except those who did so by doing one side of the event twice and the other side zero times.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    SgtArtemi wrote: »
    They said they were going to revert all Malaks back to their star level at 12:01 PST. Mine was still 0 stars at midnight. I got 5* at about 7am PST.

no, they didn't.

What we’re going to do to correct our mistake is roll back any character star promotions and changes to the state Darth Malak was at 10/18/2019 12:01 AM PDT, for any players that received the extra shards. Any gear, relics, etc that was applied to Darth Malak will be returned to their inventory. We will be rolling back the affected Darth Malaks on 10/22/2019. On 10/21/2019 we will be removing Darth Malak from GET store to help get an accurate snapshot of the state of Darth Malaks with the extra shards. Darth Malak will return to the GET store on 10/22/2019.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • You’re right, the way that reads it sounds like unlocked Malak should be fine. But it is still unfair that the event ended early not allowing others that were ready to unlock him. I get that they needed to control the situation, and likely this was the best answer, but I still hope they will take the players that could have unlocked him into account.
  • CG, the entire point of this topic was to hopefully get your attention and give you a perspective you may not have considered. I hope this cut through the clutter and you can find a way to compensate the newer players that may be adversely affected by your current plan (and by adversely affected I mean they will get less compensation than someone who already had a 7* Malak effectively putting them further behind).

I trust that you are doing your best, and that you are not only a fan of Star Wars, but also care about your consumers, even the free to play ones.
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Those of us who unlocked Malak this time, won't lose him. They will only roll back the Malaks from those who acquired shards exploiting the bug illegally.

I had not unlocked. I had done DS. Yesterday I got zeta on Z, today I got G12 on Mission today. I was eligible already and spent hours failing, they should make it easier and I should manage comfortably when it opens.

If the time had not passed then maybe I would have needed pay money. I doubt it but maybe. Even if not then time. I probably would not have but others in a similar position may have done and indeed may have done before it was shut down. In theory screw up saved me money. Lucky me. Not going to be my arena team either so no crystals gained or lost there either though maybe who I could beat changes (I run Padme right now).

The point in this is not really me, it is that it has impacted spending both for those who thought they got shards and those who may have needed to otherwise accelerate things. There is no way to unravel this.

The other point is that while pointing fingers is not particularly helpful it is about time repercussions mostly affect those to blame. If that is CG/EA bottom line then that is where it is. One of the issues here is not just the Malak screw up but also GAS (which I could not enter). It was a bad week already and the communication has been, shall we say, lacking. Someone needs to grow a pair and actually engage.
  • Well said, and thank you for adding to our conversation. CG, please consider these perspectives. I have attempted to help make this a non-finger pointing thread. There’s plenty of those. We just want you to understand us better and take the entire community into account. Not just the end-game players.