Why not make the compensation fair?

Prev1
As the title suggests, I just want to know why CG doesn't at least try to make the compensation for the Malak mix-up appear fair.

I understand that glitches can happen in a game, and of course, they can't let people keep these shards. I'm even fine with the idea of offering 250 crystals for the trouble. All that seems fair.

What I don't get is why they would offer people who already had 7* Malak an extra 2k shard shop currency. Either take the shards away from everyone or give the extra currency to everyone. Just giving a bonus to one group doesn't promote fair game play.

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    People with 5* or 6* Malak before the event started on Friday are also getting shard shop currency according to what Kyno said
  • Options
    Everyone should get it, because it's a botched event that caused a portion of the playerbase to get it, so they're trying to make it 'fair'. Fair is everyone getting the same stuff.
  • Options
    Regarding the 2k shardshop points. Give it to everyone including those without malak who haven't already received it. Entire player base.

Then I dont, as a customer, end up with a sour taste over all this once its said and done. Otherwise feel like I'm being left out everyone else gets some bug benefit. The 250 Crystal's is nice but the malak folks get that too. The 2k shard point for every malak owner and not the rest of the user base is a load of ca*k.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Regarding the 2k shardshop points. Give it to everyone including those without malak who haven't already received it. Entire player base.

Then I dont, as a customer, end up with a sour taste over all this once its said and done. Otherwise feel like I'm being left out everyone else gets some bug benefit. The 250 Crystal's is nice but the malak folks get that too. The 2k shard point for every malak owner and not the rest of the user base is a load of ca*k.
    Why would people who didn't have Malak get shard shop currency?

The bug only affected people who pre-owned Malak before the event, giving them 150 free shards. First time players don't get 300 shards. Instead of giving the shards, they are giving the shard shop currency instead because the only way to get the remaining shards of Malak is through the GET store

What they did is got rid of the bug but are rewarding everyone for what the bug gave out without being unfair to the players who had to spend all their GET for Malak
  • Options
    Let me refund zeta i used on a toon for lightside fight... say thats fair for me
  • Options
    I imagine players without malak getting shard shop currency is to compensate for the event getting cancelled... for those few who were not quite ready for the event, its a win-win
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    People with 5* or 6* Malak before the event started on Friday are also getting shard shop currency according to what Kyno said

Just to be clear - the developers haven't verified this officially yet, as the statement, as written, says only those with 7* Malak before the event get shard shop currency.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • thecooldue1996
    258 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    his looking very sad here 05jmaz6ywmj7.png
  • Options
    Let me refund zeta i used on a toon for lightside fight... say thats fair for me

Tell support u accidentally Zetad it
  • Options
    GBahia03 wrote: »

Does that even work.
  • Options

Does that even work.

It's worked for me
  • Options

Does that even work.

It's worked for me

Cool. I also take it they dont check dates? lol.
  • GBahia03
    242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Does that even work.

It's worked for me

Depends, how far back?
  • Options

Does that even work.

It's worked for me

Depends, how far back?

As soon the event went live. to be fair zeta dint do anything.
  • Options

Does that even work.

It's worked for me

Depends, how far back?

Easily can. As long as it isnt like 2 or 3 weeks u should try it
  • Options

Does that even work.

It's worked for me

Depends, how far back?

I reviewed your email and realize that you've accidentally made wrong purchase in game. I know it is bothersome. We will definitely provide you the best possible information.

It is sad to inform you that any accidental in-game purchase or transactions are full and final and are irreversible. There is no option to add the content back to your account. Dint know could buy zetas with money...
  • Options

The bug only affected people who pre-owned Malak before the event, giving them 150 free shards. First time players don't get 300 shards. Instead of giving the shards, they are giving the shard shop currency instead because the only way to get the remaining shards of Malak is through the GET store

What they did is got rid of the bug but are rewarding everyone for what the bug gave out without being unfair to the players who had to spend all their GET for Malak

The reason they are giving it only to those who had it at 7* is because some of them got shard shop currency and some didn't redo the event and therefore didn't get any. They think that they need to make it fair to those who didn't do it before they shut it down. In this way, they hardly have to give out anything for free.

However, no one should have gotten anything, including those who had 7* Malaks, so why should only a small group benefit more from this bug? I'm assuming they can't take away the shard shop currency because it might already be spent and they just don't want to give away so much shard shop currency by giving it to all.

It shouldn't matter that if you didn't have a 7* Malak or even unlock Malak, no one was supposed to get shard shop currency from this event. So, if some players got it because of a mistake on CGs part, they owe it to all players, not just those who had a chance to benefit from their mistake.

• Options

Does that even work.

It's worked for me

Depends, how far back?

I reviewed your email and realize that you've accidentally made wrong purchase in game. I know it is bothersome. We will definitely provide you the best possible information.

It is sad to inform you that any accidental in-game purchase or transactions are full and final and are irreversible. There is no option to add the content back to your account. Dint know could buy zetas with money...

Well considering I have 2404034 burner accounts and I don't use my actual SWGOH account email on here I can assure you jve gotten around 3-5 zetas refunded in my time
  • Options
    NikoSWGoH wrote: »

Lol, people with malak are already ahead so let's help them even more!
    Being fair is compensating everyone equally.
    People without malak are not responsible for CG bugs.

Ppl without Malak or not even ready for event were not affected, why should they be rewarded anything?
  • Options
    Edit: ppl ready for event should be compensated for event cancelling, but that's it. What shard shop currency for those who were not supposed to get 150 shards for second time anyway?
  • Options
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Edit: ppl ready for event should be compensated for event cancelling, but that's it. What shard shop currency for those who were not supposed to get 150 shards for second time anyway?
    Well, the issue is that nobody was supposed to get 150 shards. As someone who unlocked Malak the first time, I agree that everyone should get the shard shop currency, whether they were eligible for participation or not.
  • Options
    Well, the issue is that nobody was supposed to get 150 shards. As someone who unlocked Malak the first time, I agree that everyone should get the shard shop currency, whether they were eligible for participation or not.

They just equalize those who (being eligible) got shards and who didn't. Why ppl who didn't invest to toons for event should get anything? They were not affected by glitch by any means
  • Options
    If you have 7* malak you are more likely to be a whale, and cg only cares about whales. That is why only people with 7* are getting currency.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    his looking very sad here 05jmaz6ywmj7.png

mine looked even sadder with his 95/100 before the “bug” :/
  • Options

They just equalize those who (being eligible) got shards and who didn't. Why ppl who didn't invest to toons for event should get anything? They were not affected by glitch by any means

Eligible or not doesn't matter. Should we check who was online or not too?
    It was never supposed to happen and this has nothing to do with the reason we invested in those toons. It was just to get malak.
    It's a bug, CG is the only responsible and everyone should be compensated equally.

Stop, how did clitch affect those who even were NOT ELIGIBLE for event? They even may be unaware that there was a bug )
  • Options
    If you have 7* malak you are more likely to be a whale, and cg only cares about whales. That is why only people with 7* are getting currency.

(partly) True, but it doesn't mean unaffected players should get any compensations
  • Options

Lol, people with malak are already ahead so let's help them even more!
    Being fair is compensating everyone equally.
    People without malak are not responsible for CG bugs.

But since when CG is fair? All they care for is money.

Compensate players who already had Malak 7* played the event, got 150 shards and exchanged in the shard shop, is really some **** shenanigans.