I finally read the compensation plan. Why are people upset?

Prev134
Gifafi
6017 posts Member
edited October 2019
there was clearly a glitch/bug problem which allowed people to totally jump the GET1 line, CG is rolling malak's back to the state they were, everyone who spent stuff on him is getting their stuff back, and everyone else is getting bonus shard currency, depending on if they re-did the event ls and/or ds.

This is what all the "woe is me" posts are about? what is happening??? the only possible issue is people who spent money to gear him after getting free shards they didn't earn the right way. Worst case scenario they are getting the gear back, and they can always get a refund from apple store if need be (idk anything about android).

tl;dr: so sorry you couldn't cheap your way into free malak shards, crybabies.
Maybe End Game isn't for you
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Lol I'm just salty I ran out of time to finish off the LS part.

That **** is hard.
  • I think at the end of the day people are just extremely upset/outraged over the whole format of the epic confrontation events. Massive amount of resources and time are required along with RNG to complete this event and at the end of the day all you get is a 5* character. The "reward" doesn't really match the requirements, though if you want to stay competitive you have to push for this regardless.

• Gama_Fox wrote: »
    I think at the end of the day people are just extremely upset/outraged over the whole format of the epic confrontation events. Massive amount of resources and time are required along with RNG to complete this event and at the end of the day all you get is a 5* character. The "reward" doesn't really match the requirements, though if you want to stay competitive you have to push for this regardless.

This.
    The malak outrage was just a cherry on top of the epic confrontation debacle.

Also tl;dr response, if i earned the shards are they free?
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    there was clearly a glitch/bug problem which allowed people to totally jump the GET1 line, CG is rolling malak's back to the state they were, everyone who spent stuff on him is getting their stuff back, and everyone else is getting bonus shard currency, depending on if they re-did the event ls and/or ds.

This is what all the "woe is me" posts are about? what is happening??? the only possible issue is people who spent money to gear him after getting free shards they didn't earn the right way. Worst case scenario they are getting the gear back, and they can always get a refund from apple store if need be (idk anything about android).

Maybe if you listened to the hundreds, perhaps thousands of players voice their frustrations then you would actually understand... but since you haven’t really listened to probably thousands of upset players then it makes sense that you wouldn’t understand.

By the way with this “glitch”. CG was supposedly notified by several players about the glitch before the event... telling them that it would give out shards. CG supposedly stonewalled like they always do and didn’t listen and well... dumpster fire.
  • Shaddes wrote: »
    Mobile gamer spent 750 dollars on something billed as a meta breaking character. However it’s not yet, it’s pure garbage against relics. So unless you hoarded you wont get what you paid for for over 5 months!!! ****!!!! On top of all that there is another 100-200$ gearing pay wall on top of that 750 he spent for gear... for over 1000$ he got NOTHING USABLE outside f-ing Galactic war. CG needs to address this ASAP otherwise people who spent that money should look into the legal aspects of CGs business practices

Well no he spent $0 out of his pocket.

He can write it off as a job expense.
  • CG suckkksss. This post sucks too.
  • CG suckkksss. This post sucks too.

Don't drink and post. It doesn't always end well.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    CG suckkksss. This post sucks too.

Mine ended fairly solid.
  • thecooldue1996
    258 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Am first time runner i did light then had gear few more toons to G12.. cost bit money. And be pulled down when am sleep is bit of a kicker.
  • GBahia03 wrote: »
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Mobile gamer spent 750 dollars on something billed as a meta breaking character. However it’s not yet, it’s pure garbage against relics. So unless you hoarded you wont get what you paid for for over 5 months!!! ****!!!! On top of all that there is another 100-200$ gearing pay wall on top of that 750 he spent for gear... for over 1000$ he got NOTHING USABLE outside f-ing Galactic war. CG needs to address this ASAP otherwise people who spent that money should look into the legal aspects of CGs business practices

Well no he spent $0 out of his pocket.

He can write it off as a job expense.

that's not how it works... writing off as a 'business expense' doesn't mean it's free, it means he can write the expense against his earnings, i.e. if he spent over $700, he'll probably get about 30% of that back against any taxes he'd pay, which still leaves him at over $500 out of pocket, which is still ridiculous for something that's completely unusable.
  • What are they complaining about. Loads of people paid money or crystals for the event now CG just says we take everything back but you won’t get your money or your crystals so **** you all dear customers
  • Llanwyllin wrote: »
    What are they complaining about. Loads of people paid money or crystals for the event now CG just says we take everything back but you won’t get your money or your crystals so **** you all dear customers

You forgot to mention that the event is prolly gonna be next week and gear is being refunded.

As you know, it's kinda like impossible to refund tens to hundreds of thousands of purchases that were solely because of Malak via $$$ or crystals.

I mean have fun trying to do that lmao.
  • Ok sorry if I’m being a bit slow. I unlocked Malak this time round. I didn’t exploit the “glitch” so didn’t get extra shards. Am I still gonna have Malak taken of me. It would really suck if I do.

P.S a simple yes or no will do here.........
  • balldman wrote: »
    Ok sorry if I’m being a bit slow. I unlocked Malak this time round. I didn’t exploit the “glitch” so didn’t get extra shards. Am I still gonna have Malak taken of me. It would really suck if I do.

Well in my honest opinion without being too optimistic and making sure I listen to you by not giving an unreasonable answer if you read the entire post created by the developers of the game then obviously you would know as a matter of fact that it holds the information you are seeking for said question you have posted right here on this forum site for everyone to see and hopefully answer such as me who will hopefully provide a well enough answer that it satisfies your need to increase your knowledge on the whole debacle regarding Malak and the fact that the whole event was bugged so basically getting back to the question I can obviously see I have already failed and this is much more than a yes or no answer and to be honest I'm just warming up my fingers on the computer so my hands dont cramp nor freeze up while playing or browsing the internet since it is quite cold where I am from and honestly after this much writing and not only warming up my fingers but also my brain by typing words to fit this paragraph I honestly forgot what I was writing about in the first place since I was literally trying to do the exact opposite you told me to do because I got literally nothing better to do at the moment since its nighttime and I have nothing else planned for the night as its nearly midnight so yeah.

No
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Blackula wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »

You've immediately invalidated your argument with your wording. Once you can muster coherent reasons along with ditching the name calling you can close the door to highschool behind you while joining the adults for a conversation

Complains about name-calling while calling names. The forums in a nutshell.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Well dude, when you don't have a game to play because players are leaving, then I hope you don't wonder why the game ended. Enjoy being a whale and a hoarder. The kak'est strategy I've experienced. Who hoards GET store currency for months and months before they announce an event and the character being available in the store. I will have to wait 3 more months before I get a 7* Malak again. Yes, 3 months which I'm not willing to wait and leaving the game the moment I get my refund for all my spend I've made on this game in October. Now that is fair, if they're taking back, I'm taking back.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    CG suckkksss. This post sucks too.

Drinking away the sadness of this game. Bring me back to the good ole days :’(
  • Shaddes wrote: »

what legal aspects? did they force him to buy stuff? did they mention him being a monster at any star level? i doubt it.

• Mirkraag wrote: »

I am personnally upset because CG transformed a bug that helped the one that are late to catch up a little bit with whales into a reward for whales and the other can go ****** themselves.

(I dont care for me, i am 10 shards for 7* malak)

I am just tired of the "all for the whales only" politics
    You don't make a valid point though the moment you assume that only whales unlocked Malak the first time.

Well to his credit only 882 people globally unlocked him for free, so malaak is actually whale only
  • TVF wrote: »
    Blackula wrote: »

You've immediately invalidated your argument with your wording. Once you can muster coherent reasons along with ditching the name calling you can close the door to highschool behind you while joining the adults for a conversation

Complains about name-calling while calling names. The forums in a nutshell.

Imagine expecting people to act civilized on the internet

Lmao TVF how many cigs did u sell him?
  • Mirkraag wrote: »

I am personnally upset because CG transformed a bug that helped the one that are late to catch up a little bit with whales into a reward for whales and the other can go ****** themselves.

You don't make a valid point though the moment you assume that only whales unlocked Malak the first time.

Well to his credit only 882 people globally unlocked him for free, so malaak is actually whale only
    There is a wide range between FTP and whale, however. There is the middle ground of players that spent $20, 50, perhaps a 100 to top off their farms, but are far from being branded a whale.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Maybe if you listened to the hundreds, perhaps thousands of players voice their frustrations then you would actually understand... but since you haven’t really listened to probably thousands of upset players then it makes sense that you wouldn’t understand.

By the way with this “glitch”. CG was supposedly notified by several players about the glitch before the event... telling them that it would give out shards. CG supposedly stonewalled like they always do and didn’t listen and well... dumpster fire.

@JediKnight_MarkRyan this is not true, would you care to divulge your source for this?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    I think at the end of the day people are just extremely upset/outraged over the whole format of the epic confrontation events. Massive amount of resources and time are required along with RNG to complete this event and at the end of the day all you get is a 5* character. The "reward" doesn't really match the requirements, though if you want to stay competitive you have to push for this regardless.

um, this thread isn't about GAS

loooooool if he spent a g on a char we know needed GET1. legal aspects? I think people threatening to sue for fraud etc might be the funniest thing about this event. I'm not trying to be mean, people just have no clue what fraud is legally and don't know what they can sue about.
    Can’t even use GAS for the upcoming LIGHT SIDE GALACIC REPUBLIC TB Seriously ....??? Let me guess they’re also going to require GAS in platoons? Gonna be another total joke can’t wait for that

still not about GAS
    Llanwyllin wrote: »
    What are they complaining about. Loads of people paid money or crystals for the event now CG just says we take everything back but you won’t get your money or your crystals so **** you all dear customers

um, they said you will get all gear and crystals back. did people even read the comp post?
    balldman wrote: »
    Ok sorry if I’m being a bit slow. I unlocked Malak this time round. I didn’t exploit the “glitch” so didn’t get extra shards. Am I still gonna have Malak taken of me. It would really suck if I do.

if you unlocked him you should be fine. this was just for people who got extra free shards (per the comp post)
    Mirkraag wrote: »

whales?
    stephrad wrote: »
    Well dude, when you don't have a game to play because players are leaving, then I hope you don't wonder why the game ended. Enjoy being a whale and a hoarder. The kak'est strategy I've experienced. Who hoards GET store currency for months and months before they announce an event and the character being available in the store. I will have to wait 3 more months before I get a 7* Malak again. Yes, 3 months which I'm not willing to wait and leaving the game the moment I get my refund for all my spend I've made on this game in October. Now that is fair, if they're taking back, I'm taking back.

whale? hoarder? again, you seem to be talking about GAS. I didn't get him and don't have the GET1 to level him anyway, so I'm preparing for next time. Not sure what you think you deserve a refund for, but w/e
    Mirkraag wrote: »

that means absolutely ftp players. so if someone spent $5 3 years ago they don't count for that number. many more didn't spend to get malak the first, and second time (this is the 3rd iirc(?)). everyone had plenty of time to prepare for malak

Here’s a reason: I am (and was) 95/100 on malak. Therefore, i don’t have a 7* malak and so do not qualify for their bizarre compensation shard giveaway to everyone with 7* Malaks. I also specifically avoided exploiting a known bug, believing I was doing the right thing. The result of that is that I also don’t get all the shard currency I could have gotten that way, since they obviously aren’t rolling back shards earned by those who exploited. So in other words, I get F’d because I chose to do the right thing and not exploit, while others in my highly competitive arena and fleet shards got a massive amount of shard currency to spend on high end gear.

TL;DR - their compensation plan screws over people who did the right thing while rewarding those who didn’t.

see, we finally found someone with a valid gripe! I think people who didn't exploit but don't have a 7* malak should get the same shard currency.
  • Gama_Fox
    624 posts Member
    edited October 2019

um, this thread isn't about GAS

Well since you couldn't figure out why people were so upset I told you.. If you took the time to read reddit and the forums you would get that the outrage is really about the whole unlock system of epic confrontations. The shard glitch/bug just sparked the outrage.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    people are upset about one event so they flipped out over another? um, ok