Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Lanbo wrote: »
    ShaeVizla wrote: »
    I gave up on ga. Not worth the time. Just set one defense

Doesn't that just auto deploy for the remaining spots?

Nope. Just leaves everything else empty.

And makes you an a hole for screwing over your opponent.
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Options
    Mydnight wrote: »
    I've never faced a auto defense before. Always wanted to see what it looked like though lol.

I've faced off against a couple. It's very interesting. Sometimes it's ridiculously easy as there's no good leader or team synergies, but then there are times where you have a really strong character on their own right standing behind 3 annoying tanks. Think Nihilus hidden behind Kenobi, Scion, and Zaalbar.

I went up against an auto defense that was all fully maxed out legendaries (back when it was just gear 12). There was no synergy between them but sheesh it was tough. All the rest of the teams fell apart easily as they had no synergy and most had no leader ability.
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Options

Wow. Well, at least the other person still wins off points, just sucks they get screwed on feats.
  • Options

Wow. Well, at least the other person still wins off points, just sucks they get screwed on feats.

Yeah, it's a **** move in the context of GAC.

In standalone GA putting a solo team on D might deprive your opponent of a few minutes of game time, but the rewards were unchanged. In GAC, putting a solo team may well cost someone a promotion to Aurodium or Kyber because they are unable to get enough points or complete enough feats.

I've always advocated that empty spots should be filled from the bottom of the roster; it solves a number of issues.
    1) The person who had their D auto-filled can still participate. Not every auto-fill is spiteful; sometimes people just legitimately forget, lose their phone, oversleep, get distracted, etc.
    2) The person who actually prepared will get cream puff teams to attack. Most can probably be 1v5ed by a fast character with a decent AoE, particularly if they are all 2*, Lvl 1 trash. This should be sufficient to guarantee them the win.

I really don't like scenarios where one player is indirectly punished by the actions of another unrelated player, and the current auto-deploy system does exactly that.
  • Options
    I never seen an opponent at GA who just auto-deployed on defence and didnt actually play then. Its because all I do is pressing a button - join GA, and then I press second button after a while - collect reward.
  • Options
    I'll fill my slots in the first matchup and then maybe attack once.

If I remember.

I just don't care.

It's too much work for too little reward and this game has beaten me down in recent weeks, so my playtime is decreasing with every fantastic update. If I don't get a cool character reveal soon—like Darth Watto—I feel I may fold up my Sith cloak, chug a blue milk and slap the Death Sticks™ out of Kyno's hand on my way out.
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Options
    Luniz wrote: »
    Matchmaking is partially dependent on win rate. So players that finished high early in GAC are unlikely to have non participating opponents. OTOH players that lost early due to being severely outmatched are more likely to "quit" and have defenses autofill. And they will get placed with players who were already not participating, so those groups are more likely to look like ghost towns. This effect should get more pronounced as the GAC season goes on.

Do you have a source for this or just speculating? Seems logical but I don't recall seeing them posting their actual matchmaking formula anywhere.
  • Options
    Matchmaking is partially dependent on win rate. So players that finished high early in GAC are unlikely to have non participating opponents. OTOH players that lost early due to being severely outmatched are more likely to "quit" and have defenses autofill. And they will get placed with players who were already not participating, so those groups are more likely to look like ghost towns. This effect should get more pronounced as the GAC season goes on.

Do you have a source for this or just speculating? Seems logical but I don't recall seeing them posting their actual matchmaking formula anywhere.

Each iteration within a GAC only pairs you within the same "league". So by the time you get to the 3rd or 4th week, it has self-sorted into winners (players who moved up to aurodium and chromium) and losers (players still in carbonite or bronzium). The latter two groups tend to have a lot more quitters and auto-filled teams, which is unfortunate as those are the weeks they would be getting more winnable match-ups, as all the strong rosters have moved up.

• Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Options

Each iteration within a GAC only pairs you within the same "league". So by the time you get to the 3rd or 4th week, it has self-sorted into winners (players who moved up to aurodium and chromium) and losers (players still in carbonite or bronzium). The latter two groups tend to have a lot more quitters and auto-filled teams, which is unfortunate as those are the weeks they would be getting more winnable match-ups, as all the strong rosters have moved up.

Are you certain that people are only paired up with someone in the same league? At least at the beginning of the week anyway. Obviously some would promote during a week, but are you certain that they do indeed match each league up that way? I know different divisions get matched sometimes when they were at the high end of their division GP and then moved into the next bracket before it started a match.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Are you certain that people are only paired up with someone in the same league? At least at the beginning of the week anyway. Obviously some would promote during a week, but are you certain that they do indeed match each league up that way? I know different divisions get matched sometimes when they were at the high end of their division GP and then moved into the next bracket before it started a match.

It was announced that way in the original series of posts about GAC.
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

It was announced that way in the original series of posts about GAC.

Ah, okay. Thanks. I must have missed that part. That does certainly help later on in the match-ups then I suppose.
  • Options

I'm about 98% certain. That's been my experience at least - this week was all Chromium at the start (I've since moved up to Aurodium).
  • Options
    Lack of participation is indeed an issue in GAC. Just because it isn't something you personally see does not mean it is not real.

I mean, former Game Changer GNP said on the podcast this week he won 2 rounds of GAC last week where he didn't even attack.

The rewards for GAC need a serious overhaul. When it was just GA they have great rewards for winning. Now? Flat out kitten.
  • Options
    I'm in the finals!!!!

I quit trying in GAC when the buttons disappearing cost me kyber. I spent hours that month setting custom D and countering my enemies to reach kyber but then the game failed me and bugged out. Customer service didnt help and didnt even speak decent English or play the game. So now I just register and it auto sets everything for me and I collect t rewards each day.

Needless to say I'm in the finals for my bracket because neither opponent even attacked me and I won both ties.

I'm not sure if there are a lot of others like me but this thread and recent in game experiences would lead me to beleive there is some truth to more people not playing GA anymore in recent times.
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Options

I'm about 98% certain. That's been my experience at least - this week was all Chromium at the start (I've since moved up to Aurodium).

You can be 100% certain :smile: I just went back and read the dev posts. It does say it's partitioned by league. Anyhow, I wish I'd paid more attention to that earlier. There's been a few times where I focused on feats to promote quickly. I could have held off and had easier future matches.
  • Options
    My ga most fights 20odf1mqz907.png
  • Options
    How do you tell if they are on auto? It seems everyone I've faced has been there
  • Options
    I join and then only collect.
    The matches arnt even close to equal
  • Options
    The rewards are crap. You have to win all 3 to make it worth while.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    People are not playing the game period

It's true. No one's playing. Everyone quit.

And yet everyone is still posting. I don't get it.

I’d love to see the data you’ve got that supports your claim that “everyone is still posting”.

I posted it on Planet Coruscant.

I looked... it’s not there. Perhaps you are misremembering. Or perhaps your statement was a complete fabrication.

@AnnerDoon was just joking.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Division?

I’m in division 1 and every GAC I face one opponent that is just auto defence. I don’t mind though as it’s an easy win, COD they other 2 battles are usually 50/50 whether I win or not
  • Options
    People are not playing the game period

It's true. No one's playing. Everyone quit.

And yet everyone is still posting. I don't get it.

Posting is the lesser evil ATP
  • Options
    I'll be honest. I'm barely playing GAC.

Rubbish rewards.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    I've accidentally auto-D'd once. In a series of 4 sets of 3 matches where your D resets every 3, it's pretty easy to remember to forget to set D on the first match of three. It all becomes a blur once you've done GAC a bunch of times and you've actually got other yhings to do besides GoH. It really should just remember the last D you've ever set.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    I’ve been setting 1 defense team each round. GAC is totally boring. You fight the same teams almost every round. I just hope to mess up the other guy’s feats points. Total garbage rewards.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    IronCross wrote: »
    I’ve been setting 1 defense team each round. GAC is totally boring. You fight the same teams almost every round. I just hope to mess up the other guy’s feats points. Total garbage rewards.

That's just wonderful. Exploit a bad game mechanic to punish someone who is blameless.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    Options
    Armatores wrote: »
    I never seen an opponent at GA who just auto-deployed on defence and didnt actually play then. Its because all I do is pressing a button - join GA, and then I press second button after a while - collect reward.

I do the same.
  • Options
    IronCross wrote: »

That's just wonderful. Exploit a bad game mechanic to punish someone who is blameless.

Good. So you understand...
    Also, if they have GAS, I insult their flatulence.