Fundamental disagreement with the reconciliation plan

Prev1
What this boils down to is should the players be punished by the developers because of their mistake?

I have really tried to take my time and go over all sides of this Malak issue and that's what this boils down to. People who played that event and got Malak shards did nothing wrong and now are being told retroactively they will have to give those shards back (along with gear, zetas, relics, crystals, etc. ) because of the incompetence of the people running this game, and I personally think that is not how you treat a customer or run a successful game/business/etc.

The expectations for the developers by the community is so low right now that it literally took a massive screw up (maybe the biggest ever in this game) for people to think "oh wow this really cool of them, they actually did something to help the players out"......then a few hours later nope we are taking those back we actually were not trying to help you out. If you were one of the people who already had Malak and simply got shards, I can only imagine how mad you were to see this bug in the game because it negates months worth of resource investment to get a head. So they managed to make both sides of this argument mad. No matter which side you are on take a step back and ask: What does that say right now about the state of the game and the job the people are doing running it?

So if they truly go ahead with this plan to punish (and the idea 250 crystals and some shard shop currency clears this up is laughable, just give me 3 Chewie shards if that's your approach) their players because of their screw up how much longer will this game be around? I wont be around to see it because if this goes through I am finally done with this game and all other EA products because this is not how you treat your customers when you screw up.

Replies

• The devs didn’t make a mistake it was a bug/glitch and any players who exploited it can be banned. So at the end of the day the problem is the players... not CG.
  • ZaneMorell wrote: »
    What this boils down to is should the players be punished by the developers because of their mistake?

Why does everyone think that the developers are "punishing" players with this fix? Players, like myself, were able to acquire free shards through a bug in the game and bypass thousands of GET needed to 7* Malak. That clearly couldn't be kept as it would make months of farming by a large population of the game negated by a bug.

To put it another way, what if they had allowed the users to keep the 7*negotiators gotten from customer service? That is essentially the same as this bug, free shards gotten without cheating.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    The devs didn’t make a mistake it was a bug/glitch and any players who exploited it can be banned. So at the end of the day the problem is the players... not CG.

If you say so, say that to my 12 year old nephew who plays the game, who doesn't know what a bug is except the animals, and I'm sure he ain't the only one.
  • The devs didn’t make a mistake it was a bug/glitch and any players who exploited it can be banned. So at the end of the day the problem is the players... not CG.

Contradictory statement. A bug/glitch IS a mistake made by the devs. There was no ‘exploiting’ this unless playing the game is an exploit. Unless you stay glued to the forums it would be impossible to know that it was a mistake. Silly us for thinking that CG would do something nice for their players, right?
  • My problem with the plan is that there are no Chewie shards.

With all due respect, if it was a "bug/glitch" then it IS a mistake on the devs, or QA teams and ultimately CG for allowing it to go live and playable. I respectfully disagree with your point of view on this.

They did make a mistake. A bug is a mistake a glitch is a mistake. They didn’t do their due diligence. It was not an exploit. It was a clearly stated reward for a mission which had been reset to zero. This is their fault and we as a player base should not be punished for them messing up.
  • Shaddes wrote: »
    The devs didn’t make a mistake it was a bug/glitch and any players who exploited it can be banned. So at the end of the day the problem is the players... not CG.

You’re a bad troll and wrong. No reason to go any further then that.

Go look up “Sarcasm” in the dictionary sometime.
  • NaldSLC wrote: »

With all due respect, if it was a "bug/glitch" then it IS a mistake on the devs, or QA teams and ultimately CG for allowing it to go live and playable. I respectfully disagree with your point of view on this.

I was using sarcasm to point out that CG obviously made a mistake... then managed to blame the community for their Mistake and instead of taking ownership of it hinted at possible consequences for anyone who played the event again.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    if your bank messed up and put 10k into your account, then wanted it back, have you been punished?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

O GOD i hope so I’ve tried quitting this terrible game but like cigarettes or a abused spouse I find it hard and end up coming back . Give everyone a ban who done this and we’ll all be laughing at SWOGH population decline in the dragons champions chat.

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Tezza23 wrote: »

O GOD i hope so I’ve tried quitting this terrible game but like cigarettes or a abused spouse I find it hard and end up coming back . Give everyone a ban who done this and we’ll all be laughing at SWOGH population decline in the dragons champions chat.

Definitely an appropriate comparison.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    if your bank messed up and put 10k into your account, then wanted it back, have you been punished?

I totally agree with you in that example but I don’t think it’s as relative compared to other comparisons. This is more like the pizza guy giving you an extra pizza and 4 days later showing up to get it back.

I was using sarcasm to point out that CG obviously made a mistake... then managed to blame the community for their Mistake and instead of taking ownership of it hinted at possible consequences for anyone who played the event again.

My bad, I misunderstood your tone. Well played! ;)

Nothing about your comment suggests that you are being sarcastic...
  • Lysandrax wrote: »
    NaldSLC wrote: »

Nothing about your comment suggests that you are being sarcastic...

His comment is pretty much how they are handling it. The devs mess up then blame players and punish players for exploiting or some would say just playing the game. In the end it's not the devs problem it's the players problem, no one took back the money the made programming the event but everyone who played it lost what they invested.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    JZ95 wrote: »

If you say so, say that to my 12 year old nephew who plays the game, who doesn't know what a bug is except the animals, and I'm sure he ain't the only one.

You need to be 13 to play this game, or have express authorization from your legal guardian. So your nephew should be banned or you should blame his legal guardian ;p
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Gifafi wrote: »

That bit is fair. What isn't fair is:

The bank is giving $ 500 compensation to some of those who mistakenly received 10k, and a gratuitous teddybear to some others. Based on what they did with the 10k they mistakenly got.

moreover, there is a 3rd group of people who the bank gave the "press this button to receive 10k" button to, but who chose not to press that button because the bank asked them kindly not to. Those people are getting nothing.

Two things. First, they program the game, so after 4 years bugs should be less, not more. That makes it a dev error. Two, the response time to take the event down, and notify the players falls, again, on the devs. The event was up for more than 12 hours time, and a few of those hours were after an official notice went out. Don't defend the incompetency of CG. It is futile.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    ZaneMorell wrote: »

Punished? Which players will end up with less than they had before all this?

• Waqui wrote: »

If you take 5 kids and give 4 of them a candy bar don’t you think the 5th kid would feel like they’re being punished?
  • Will I have to redo the event to get my 5* Malak ?
  • Nope. Unless they mess up.
  • Obijon72 wrote: »
    Will I have to redo the event to get my 5* Malak ?

If it was your first attempt, you should be ok. I do not speak for CG, and cannot comment on potential errors that may or may not happen.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

If you take 5 kids and give 4 of them a candy bar don’t you think the 5th kid would feel like they’re being punished?

What's your point, that the playerbase is acting like little kids or that players are actually being punished by not getting something?
    Obviously it's the latter, but to me it's funny because it could go either way nontheless.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • It could definitely go either way. I’m not thrilled about it but I’m also not affected by it.
  • Waqui wrote: »

As far as I can tell, everyone is getting a 500 crystal candy bar. So I'm not sure who the 5th kid is in your example...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    This is all smoke and mirrors to push a flood of malaks back a few more weeks so that people that got GS can play catch up with getting him to 6* to balance things out.
    Puts tinfoil hat back on the shelf lol
  • BrashSchwartz
    556 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

As far as I can tell, everyone is getting a 500 crystal candy bar. So I'm not sure who the 5th kid is in your example...

If you take 5 kids and give all of them a tootsie roll, And 4 of them a candy don’t you think the fifth kid would feel like they’re being punished?

Better, Capt Semantics?

Ps - a 500 crystal candy bar is fun sized and nobody appreciates that.