These arena shard chats are extremely annoying

13Next

Replies

• Crystals in arena is the backbone of this game. For the sake of the longevity of this game.. it needs to continue on.

Yup. If you think the current quitting trend due to relics/gas/malak was bad, watch what happens if they ever make good on the promise to move crystal income from arenas to GAC.

I agree that if they remove the amount of crystals then many will leave.

But they won’t. Arena crystals is why many people including myself chases the meta, they remove crystals then there then becomes no point to spend money on new OP toons that come out. There also becomes no point in playing arena.

I don’t ever see CG doing this. They know about shard chats. They know Arena is the reason why people purchase new stuff. They aren’t gonna take a chance on messing that up.
  • PAULYSHORE wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Improve your social skills.

Should we change the name of the game to Galaxy of Circle Jerking then? I'm supposed to pander to this type of behavior when I don't support it? This isn't instagram or Facebook. They built a separate mode in game if you want to team up with other to take people down, why take the game mode that is supposed to prove your capability as an individual and turn it into a social contest?

Yes. There's nothing you can do about player alliances. Man is a social animal and will always find ways to cooperate. Our species wouldn't be so successful if we weren't so eager to work together.

And of course shard chat members ask their allies to move up rather than hit them. That's why non-members drop faster. They're not being deliberately targeted except in rare cases. Nobody needs a non-member on a revenge trip with crystals to spare.

The most reasonable thing to do is join up, let them know your payout, take note of other people's payouts, and occasionally check in to see if anyone new has joined. You don't have to befriend anyone and chat about the weather. Why make life harder on yourself than it has to be?
  • Shard chats aren’t cheating:

It’s working together for an end goal of collecting the most crystals you possibly can to continue to build our rosters.

My chat accepts new people. Those that climb and continuously hit people of the chat w/o contacting us do get targeted back.

If you’re new to the top20 and use a one trick pony team to beat the most expensive team ever created (SithEmpire)....then you will get knocked back.

Don’t take it personal....many shard chats have people that’s been getting rank 1 for years. Some aren’t so welcoming to new players and some like mine are.

My advice:contact the people you see in top10.

Also build your roster stronger. It’s important to have more than a one trick pony team.

We invite everyone, even players who continuously snipe us at random times. Especially those :D Better to have them on board than out there with a grudge. Personal feuds only cost us crystals.
  • Shard chats aren’t cheating:

It’s working together for an end goal of collecting the most crystals you possibly can to continue to build our rosters.

My chat accepts new people. Those that climb and continuously hit people of the chat w/o contacting us do get targeted back.

If you’re new to the top20 and use a one trick pony team to beat the most expensive team ever created (SithEmpire)....then you will get knocked back.

Don’t take it personal....many shard chats have people that’s been getting rank 1 for years. Some aren’t so welcoming to new players and some like mine are.

Also build your roster stronger. It’s important to have more than a one trick pony team.

These people were contacted. I have the best droid team in my shard, and one of the best padme teams along with dre and malak. It's not like I've got just one team. I was told shard would not accept any new players that everyone has been in top of arena for years and that just the way it was. I proactively contacted them letting then know my payout time and asked them about theirs so I could avoid hitting anyone and they used that to collaborate and push me back even further. As I stated before if someone finds a way to make it up there literally no point unless your invited to the social party. SQUAD ARENA IS A JOKE.
  • PAULYSHORE wrote: »
    Shard chats aren’t cheating:

These people were contacted. I have the best droid team in my shard, and one of the best padme teams along with dre and malak. It's not like I've got just one team. I was told shard would not accept any new players that everyone has been in top of arena for years and that just the way it was. I proactively contacted them letting then know my payout time and asked them about theirs so I could avoid hitting anyone and they used that to collaborate and push me back even further. As I stated before if someone finds a way to make it up there literally no point unless your invited to the social party. SQUAD ARENA IS A JOKE.

That honestly sucks that they didn’t take you in despite you doing the right thing and contacted them.

If I was in your shoes I’d continue to climb/become a pest until they finally get tired and accept you.

Those type of shard chats give other chats that accept people a bad rap.
  • Sha1218
    21 posts Member
    Arena is the worst part of SWGOH. While other game modes improve over time after growing your roster, arena has no power creep and has little to do with how good your roster is and remains as frustrating as ever.

CG should look into reworking the system. Maybe eliminate single payout times and have a cash out over 24 hour period? Maybe randomize the player shard daily so there’s no more toxic alliances (aka mafia)? Too many good long time players quit from the nonsense that is arena.