Updated Reconciliation Plan [MERGE]

Replies

• Starrisen wrote: »
    Umm hoping to get clarification on the statement about not being able to preserve shards/promotions. I was at 50/100, will I get rolled back to 50/100 or 0/100? @CG_TopHat?
    Yeap we need clarification on that. I’m in same situation
  • Start the event already. You are shafting anyone who didnt already have malak and who didnt have time to get on and finish the event before it was shut down. So keep your crystals and just start the event already. Its gonna be a week late by the time you get this all sorted out. Just give us our malaks!
  • Chucke
    44 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Sounds worse to me . I get some shard currency . And people
    Who took advantage of an obv bug get get and zetas . Shenanigans!
    Bye swgoh. Hello dragon champions
  • Wait a second, is it clear what will happen to gear that was put on the character after the rollback time? They originally said it would be returned, but this update does not mention gear specifically. Did they wait more than 2 days to revise the plan so that we can no longer dispute any transactions in the app stores?
  • Scottacus wrote: »
    Wait a second, is it clear what will happen to gear that was put on the character after the rollback time? They originally said it would be returned, but this update does not mention gear specifically. Did they wait more than 2 days to revise the plan so that we can no longer dispute any transactions in the app stores?

I’d like to believe that they’re actually trying not to mess things up worse.
  • Sebiwane wrote: »
    Starrisen wrote: »
    Umm hoping to get clarification on the statement about not being able to preserve shards/promotions. I was at 50/100, will I get rolled back to 50/100 or 0/100? @CG_TopHat?

My take on it is when they said that they are not able to preserve the "additional" shards it means the duplicate shards earned- any shards earned from other than the first time playing the event will be removed. I was at 6* and 25/100 or so before this event. My understanding is that i will go back to that number (where i was as of 10/18 or whatever). Hopefully
  • This punishes people who have him at 7*. People that bought gear instead of saving for malak get......more currency in GET shop? Those that saved for months get nothing?!?!?! This is crap.
  • Sebiwane
    39 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Let’s see. I hope we get gears and relic back too... mine is r4.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    its only good for those that didn't have a 7* Malak. get undeserved zetas. if their going to give zetas give it to everyone
    Could care less about the zetas. Just give 10 Malak shards to 5*/6* owners instead of 5000 GET 1 imo
  • thantos911
    10 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Honestly they should just take the hit at this point and go oh man we messed this up. Then just toss it back up and let everyone get the shards for malak and everyone is back on equal footing. If you don't have him unlocked, then next time it comes around let those that "missed out" on the extra shards do it again as well.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Can't wait for all the 5* malak owners fighting for fairness to oppose this and speak up about equal treatment again
  • Reading comprehension skills are important when discussing topics such as this.

Please reread and or get assistance on figuring out what the post said as you obviously didnt read it correctly.
  • At the moment it's a slap to the face of those with 7* Malaks. If they are going to offer anything, offer it to everyone. I just had a shardmate (whale) leave the game because of this.

*DOI: I have a 6* Malak.
  • So, the community is upset because of an inequality of proposed rewards (giving those with a 7* 2k shard shop currency and everyone else nothing). So instead we’re going to reward those who didn’t have him at 7* BUT participated in the event (and only those, not anyone who heeded the call to avoid the event), 5000 GET and two zetas (conversion wise this is greater than shard shop currency).

So, solving inequality with further inequality. Maybe, just maybe, CG could have done 2k shard shop across the board as a make good, but instead we have this. So, now, 2k shard shop, two zetas, AND 5k GET across the board cg? Because this hole, you may want to just level everything off and call it a day before you’re up to the 57k GET the event was originally “worth”
  • The get1 is what got me upset. Yes I will not buy Malak shards with it. My Malak is 7*. I will buy GAS shards with it. But. Whether or not you had Malak 7* should not matter. Everyone should get the same thing
  • I don't understand the reasoning behind this. (Almost) Everyone was complaining that one group of people were getting shard currency and not everyone. Now they have 3 different sets of people getting different things. Seems like this will anger more people than the previous compensation.
  • Hey!
    Im typically f2p, wont see malak unlock for a year most likely, and I've been keeping up on this.
    I feel this is an apt solution. Those most affected by the issue would be those able to unlock him.
    People who gained or didnt gain extra shards, the value really amounts to squat in terms of this games scale.
    But for those who saw themselves finally achieving malak, a long term investment and at full scale no less, they invested, time, currency, and emotionally.
    Then it's all torn away, for some this comes early as they, like us, view the forums.
    Others, it's an ambush, they had no clue.

Those of use without malak or the hope of unlocking him? We got 500 crystals and a show here.

Those who already had him? You dealt with the upset of seeing your investment devalued. Thankfully that was rectified asap via rollback and while compensation for that blow isnt grand, it really isnt a deep wound.

But I feel for those that realised the cake is a lie, that had hope and lost it. Personally I wouldnt be upset if they did more for these people.

I wasnt really affected.
  • Sebiwane wrote: »
    Starrisen wrote: »

My take on it is when they said that they are not able to preserve the "additional" shards it means the duplicate shards earned- any shards earned from other than the first time playing the event will be removed. I was at 6* and 25/100 or so before this event. My understanding is that i will go back to that number (where i was as of 10/18 or whatever). Hopefully

They way they make that statement is really concerning though, there was never any way to earn additional shards other than this accidental bug or buying them via GET, which is why I am thinking they are taking a route that rolls back to the last whole level - i.e. For me that might be 6S 0/100, hence the extra GET which will no where near cover 50 shards from the store, 5000 barely covers 15 shards
  • I honestly just dont give a kitten about it anymore. Since Carrie's departure the Devs just can not seem to make any decision that helps us F2P players. G11 or G12 characters are rubbish with G13 and Relics now. So many missteps over and over. It's no wonder people are leaving in droves.
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • I've been at 5/85, got 150 shards through the event and bought the remaining 30. The 5k GET 1 are stil not enough for all the players saving their GET 1 to instant 7* him and buying more than 10 shards the last days
  • Polaris wrote: »
    At the moment it's a slap to the face of those with 7* Malaks. If they are going to offer anything, offer it to everyone. I just had a shardmate (whale) leave the game because of this.

My question is how would this be different from any other change of unlocking or adding a star level to a character that has been around for awhile? If I’m not mistaken, Grand Master Yoda, Palpatine, Thrawn events have been changed since they first came out. Honestly, if I unlock a character or not, how people unlock or advance a character doesn’t matter to me. I could’ve had a 7* malak the first time, don’t care if malakgate happened. Sith empire is on the way out of meta, so not a huge deal.
  • GBahia03 wrote: »
    Reading comprehension skills are important when discussing topics such as this.

Please reread and or get assistance on figuring out what the post said as you obviously didnt read it correctly.

The new reconciliation plan does day get lol hopefully it rolls back to the right shard count though.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Sebiwane wrote: »
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Unless I'm reading it wrong, I was already 85/100, so it looks like they're allowing me to go straight back to 7* without needing this current TB to complete.

I'm making out pretty well from it.
    It’s depend how you understand this
    “ We can’t preserve the additional shards/promotion”
    Will they put you back to 0/100? If yes you are doomed like me who had 50/100. The 5k GET doesn’t even cover 15 shard

"Additonal" not "original"

They won't be rolling anyone back to 0/100

At least not intentionally....
  • I got my 5* Malak and I’m happy about that. I’m happy they upped the crystals, appreciated gesture. Nice to see they’re acknowledging some things too.
  • ...and THAT kids is what we call “rage posting”.
  • Ah bless him 🤭
  • How easily people are rolled... The first offer was garbage basically and so after all the noise they increase it to make it seem like they are listening.

Ooooooh thank you soooooooooo much for these amazing items. I’m in such awe of your never ending generosity 🤮
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Polaris wrote: »
    At the moment it's a slap to the face of those with 7* Malaks. If they are going to offer anything, offer it to everyone. I just had a shardmate (whale) leave the game because of this.

My question is how would this be different from any other change of unlocking or adding a star level to a character that has been around for awhile? If I’m not mistaken, Grand Master Yoda, Palpatine, Thrawn events have been changed since they first came out. Honestly, if I unlock a character or not, how people unlock or advance a character doesn’t matter to me. I could’ve had a 7* malak the first time, don’t care if malakgate happened. Sith empire is on the way out of meta, so not a huge deal.

The GMY event was made easier very early on, but what changes are you talking about with Palpatine and Thrawn?
  • give everyone the 5k and the 2 zetas, why just people without malak at 7* have this rewards,
    you are punishing people for have malak at 7* this is wrong.
    the mistake was yours!