Epic Confrontation characters MUST unlock at 7*

Prev1
Omeah
961 posts Member
edited October 2019
This is what the entire debacle boils down to. CG, you made a bad decision and noone elected to ignore it. Yes, by now we understand that you want us to use GET for EC characters so that we are forced to buy gear with crystals. Also, by now you must realize, you are doomed. You must understand by now that the whole model was wrong. So stop this whole nonsense with reconciliation plans, just make both Malak and Anakin 7* unlocks.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Brown89
    174 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I agree they should be 7* unlock having G12, then G13 then Relics and 6e mods unavailable until your are 7* makes the new characters next to worthless.

People wont spend in future to get the new characters which will kill the game
  • The game has moved on from when Malak launched when Gear 11 5* was still viable. CG seriously needs to do some damage control, people are leaving in flocks at the moment over bad decisions like this.
  • Just look at the fact that only 6k people got GS the first time around, less than half of the number that got JKR. People know that toons are worthless at 5* and aren't gonna pay money to unlock them then have to wait 6 months to farm enough GET to 7* them.
  • Just look at the fact that only 6k people got GS the first time around, less than half of the number that got JKR. People know that toons are worthless at 5* and aren't gonna pay money to unlock them then have to wait 6 months to farm enough GET to 7* them.

Scam.
  • Look at me for an example. I paid, a lot, to unlock Malak yet he sat unused for a good portion of 3-4 months because I didn’t have the GET to take him to 6* let alone 7*. Why would I pay more money for GS when I know the same thing would have happened. It’s honestly the worst business decision you could ever make.
  • Ph1l
    59 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    They call them EPIC confrontations but there is nothing EPIC about the prize as the op and others have stated a 5* units is useless and the fact it could cost upwards of $700 to get the required units and ships upto scratch for the general Skywalker event is crazy and a total waste of time.
    Also as someone who only just unlocked malak (my fault I went for the wookie and falcon first) but I wont be taking malak to 7* as will be saving my gec1 for general Skywalker, why waste the gec1 on a unit that by the time he is 7* plus gear plus relics he will be over a year old ffs oh yes malak will be totally relevant then wont he?
    This is a total joke of an event type and the fact players on mass chose to not rush to unlock GS reflects this.

CG GET A GRIP AND STOP TRYING TO KILL
    Before you push every player free to play by YOUR bad design of events and total dedication to greed
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Just look at the fact that only 6k people got GS the first time around, less than half of the number that got JKR. People know that toons are worthless at 5* and aren't gonna pay money to unlock them then have to wait 6 months to farm enough GET to 7* them.

#1: paying in the game doesn't mean you have the actual skill to complete an event. Watching a guide on how to mod for an event or what relics to use is very different than doing that for yourself.

#2. It definitely makes sense to "wait" until you have everything saved beforehand prior to paying for something and then getting the character unlocked. However, flat out having the character to gear and test with is worth the effort if you have the characters and event unlocked for you already. (Obviously, without paying)
  • With the GS and malak fiasco, the only goodwill and right thing to do is award everyone 68k GET so to appease those who paid and care so much about the game.
  • 5* unlocks are killing the mood: waiting months to use GAS is very frustrating, makes me think of quitting even after all thousands spent for almost 4 years of playing.
  • I thought the plan all along was to have the event be repeatable for crystals and that's the way it should be. Give people choices.

This should be the galaxy of choices. That's what it was. That's what makes it worth playing. When you take away the options, you take away the fun.
  • I wonder if the devs will actually get a clue and wake up. Theres been virtual unanimous backlash over the unlocks and complete division regarding the rewards based on what group you fall into.
    My vote is they still won’t get it, and the next EC toon will just repeat the same mistakes as before.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I wonder if the devs will actually get a clue and wake up. Theres been virtual unanimous backlash over the unlocks and complete division regarding the rewards based on what group you fall into.
    My vote is they still won’t get it, and the next EC toon will just repeat the same mistakes as before.

No, it will be worse. 3 star unlock and GET2 currency needed. 25k minimum to compete and the EC toon will be OPAH (overpowered as heck) so everyone will want him/her/it.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • I can't stress enough how much I hate the 5 star unlocks. It takes my favorite part of the game, and totally removes it(Getting a new meta toon and playing with the team).

Obviously the best move would be to make these toons unlock at 7 stars since 5 star toons in the day of relics are garbage. Now we will all have to deal with DR/Malak being the longest meta ever since barely anyone has GAS ready.

There have been numerous great suggestions on how to do ANYTHING to help the issue. I even thought of another one with LSTB - allow players to choose a prize box, one has GET2, the other has GET1. Or some mix of both. Please do something.
  • GET Unlocks create problems and **** off the player base, legendary/hero’s journey/epic characters should be something that is a celebration that the community is excited for not another grind to dread..
    5-7* unlocks weren’t broke and didn’t need to be “fixed”
  • Personally I feel like one easy fix is set the GEOTB to give as much GET1 as hoth, have special missions give both GET 1/2, and have the GET2 as extra rewards for dealing with the pain and annoyance of the difficulty of GEOTB
  • Daishi wrote: »
    Personally I feel like one easy fix is set the GEOTB to give as much GET1 as hoth, have special missions give both GET 1/2, and have the GET2 as extra rewards for dealing with the pain and annoyance of the difficulty of GEOTB

I honestly think this is exactly what they will do - and what they likely had planned all along. Part of the issue is their complete lack of communication on this point. But yes, 5* unlocks under the current gear/relic system, given GET1 acquisition in its current state, make no sense whatsoever.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    The main problems of the game imho:
    1. Not enough flexibility and out of the box thinking from product managers. Too risk reverse, too rigid, too resistant to changes. Typical attributes of the corporate management where every decision goes through numerous levels of hierarchy.
    2. No in-game economy manager. Absolutely no scaling, no understanding of inflation, no catch-up mechanics, no bonuses for newcomers.
    3. No proper regression testing, no constant roster and events rebalancing, which reduces the validity of the previously issued content too fast.
    ... and the list goes on...

They treat the game development as a queue of rare product releases instead of a continuous improvement process. Which is quite an outdated point of view.

But the single most important point - they don't play their own game. So they have no insight into the experience or empathy for the community at all. They perceive the game only from focus groups and statistics. That's why they don't care.

Written by a guild mate 👆

It's 3-4 months, not 6. And I already have 3 7* R7 GAS on my arena shard, so there is a solid chunk who had GET saved.
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Omeah wrote: »
    This is what the entire debacle boils down to. CG, you made a bad decision and noone elected to ignore it. Yes, by now we understand that you want us to use GET for EC characters so that we are forced to buy gear with crystals. Also, by now you must realize, you are doomed. You must understand by now that the whole model was wrong. So stop this whole nonsense with reconciliation plans, just make both Malak and Anakin 7* unlocks.

They get it now, im sure. I doubt well have another event like this. Asking them to reverse previous decision would **** alot of people off.
  • Releasing 5* characters from Epic Confrontations is like releasing **** products to the consumer. They know that but they don't care.

They will just release one after another to keep everyone focused on expending their GET credits on shards not gears. They will keep that milking machine rolling until the game dies. They dont give a ****.
  • 5* unlocks are like Marquees on steroids, you get a slightly bigger character but the farm is a MEGA pain.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Honestly, would you really want 20 7star GAS in your arena... You would still need 10 kyrotechs just to get him to gear 13. Unless you hoarded huge, you would have a choice, drop $200 to gear him... Or slowly gear him over the next two months.

Personnally I wish malacgate was not a glitch, and epic confrontations gave more shards when they come back.... Then you would have a choice.
  • Releasing 5* characters from Epic Confrontations is like releasing **** products to the consumer. They know that but they don't care.

They will just release one after another to keep everyone focused on expending their GET credits on shards not gears. They will keep that milking machine rolling until the game dies. They dont give a ****.

I prefer the analogy of selling a car to consumers....but then the tires one at a time....carefully rationed to 1 tire a month.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • They should bring Kozispoon back and make her senior producer.
  • I wonder what fake questions thry gonna answer at next Q&A session :D
    We should send only questions about GAS being garbage and Malak-gate, they should peak mostly their fake questions about how better the game becomes every day, it's gonna be hillarious.
  • What will end up happening is CG will focus on the complaints that the DR/Malak meta has lasted too long, so to combat that, instead of changing how toons are unlock from Epic Confrontations, they will just pour more resources into Epic Confrontations so we have one a quarter, that way the meta changes every six months.
  • Daishi wrote: »
    Personally I feel like one easy fix is set the GEOTB to give as much GET1 as hoth, have special missions give both GET 1/2, and have the GET2 as extra rewards for dealing with the pain and annoyance of the difficulty of GEOTB

They will keep throwing us scraps to pretend they care.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    They should bring Kozispoon back and make her senior producer.

This guy gets it.

• The shills are surprisingly quiet right now
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    The shills are surprisingly quiet right now

Most were banned. But as a shill wannabe even I say 5 star unlock for an Epic confrontation is whack.