New Malak Recievers

Natethorns
18 posts Member
edited October 2019
Hi, I was wondering if people who just got Malak to 5* will have him removed when CG rolls back the “bugged” Malaks? I am completely FTP and I got him like 6 hours after the event started and received no bonus shards. He is at Gear 11, all Zetas and Omegas applied, fully modded and had to use crystals to get Kyro parts. And I used some GET currency to get him to 35/85 shards. If it does rollback do I get everything back or do I get to keep him?

Replies

• Options
    Before I would have said you will be fine. Previous communications seemed to say that if you unlocked him legitimately you would keep him. Today's post is more ambiguous. You won't be out of pocket though. Worst case scenario the equipment goes into your inventory and is ready and waiting to apply next time you unlock him.
  • DarthDarthDarth
    29 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    (snipped duplicate post)
  • Options
    Based on my understanding on the plan you should keep him as long as you completed both halves of the event.

If I'm wrong and they roll back your Malak you'll have all the gear and ability materials returned to your inventory. Not sure about GET. I hope you'd get it returned too.
  • Options
    Im in the same situation. I made screenshots from malak as he stands right now, and removed at least my mods to prevent the worst. I dont want to repeat the light side event, as it took hours to finally win...horrible communication.
  • Options
    "However, we also recognize that many players have now grown accustomed to having their Darth Malak promoted or unlocked. "

From the dev post.
  • Options
    But unlocked could be from doing the same side twice. Once last week and once from the time before.
    That would have awarded the 150 shards.
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Based on my understanding on the plan you should keep him as long as you completed both halves of the event.

If I'm wrong and they roll back your Malak you'll have all the gear and ability materials returned to your inventory. Not sure about GET. I hope you'd get it returned too.

This is my understanding too. The devs keep talking about “additional” shards. Which are the people who completed one or both sides twice.
    Those are the shards being removed as far I can tell not those earned legitimately from completing the event for the 1st time.
  • Options
    I'm in the same situation, and i would really NOT understand, if they would roll back players who did legitimately get Malak this time, without taking advantage of the "bonus shards".
    I had 0 Malak shards before event, i completed the event as intended and could unlock my 5* Malak, on which i then started to work and develop, so nothing wrong here.
    But of course it's CG and they can do what they want with the product they own...
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Options
    AndiSolo wrote: »
    But unlocked could be from doing the same side twice. Once last week and once from the time before.
    That would have awarded the 150 shards.

And if it is not my case, would you consider losing my just unlocked Malak fair? Or can you play again for 3 hours to complete Light Side for me? Would you consider it fair? And if I will sue you for $5k, because I spent/lost 3 hours of my life for nothing, would you consider it fair? Devs don't have any proof that anybody did something wrong, just guessing, and punish everyone for their mistake. Punish according to proof, not by guessing, because I can say such things as they took all my money from my account, and it is about $8000 billions. Nobody would believe me without proof. This is their case too. If you don't agree with me, ask them to prove their statements? That players won the shards in question. And if they can prove it, it means that they can roll back only for those people... But this means that they will have to work hard for a long time and hard work is not their thing. They prefer easy money and to steal them. Otherwise they admit their mistake and move on.
  • Options
    It doesn't matter how anyone understands it, or feels about it. What they said was:

"However, we also recognize that many players have now grown accustomed to having their Darth Malak promoted or unlocked."

There are two possibilities here. People who unlocked legit are getting rolled back. Or, this post was thoughtlessly vague and they should have chimed in to clarify. Either option is not a good look.
  • Options
    this post was thoughtlessly vague

Par for the course for CG.
  • Options
    Malak Recievers?!?! More new gear to grind on?!?!?! :p
  • Options
    Kyno been preaching that anybody that just unlocked him got to keep him. I knew that was bullsh!t and when I called him on he ban me. Well ban me again cause this game can officially blow ****
  • Options
    Where you at now @Kyno ? Oh you guys that unlocked him get to keep him. Smh
  • Options
    It doesn't matter how anyone understands it, or feels about it. What they said was:

"However, we also recognize that many players have now grown accustomed to having their Darth Malak promoted or unlocked."

There are two possibilities here. People who unlocked legit are getting rolled back. Or, this post was thoughtlessly vague and they should have chimed in to clarify. Either option is not a good look.

"We can’t preserve the additional shards/promotions as we described earlier."

That's the sentence that precedes what you are quoting. It is not vague at all. You didn't get additional shards if you unlocked him the normal way. Additional shards is not ambiguous. Maybe you should have ready the whole paragraph more closely before claiming someone else is being "thoughtless" while writing a post.
  • Options
    His message also says we realize people have become accustomed to thier promoted and unlocked Malik's. Repeat promoted and UNLOCKED
  • Options
    Let's be honest here. They about to screw us all. The people who unlocked him have not got a clear answer about any of this since this happened. A bunch of beating around the bush
  • Options
    Before I would have said you will be fine. Previous communications seemed to say that if you unlocked him legitimately you would keep him. Today's post is more ambiguous. You won't be out of pocket though. Worst case scenario the equipment goes into your inventory and is ready and waiting to apply next time you unlock him.

That's still out of pocket if he wouldnt have spent it otherwise. People who have this happen should get refunds
  • Options
    And yet again another update with still no clarification as to unlocked Malik's being taken away or not. Smh