EP vs. Padme?

Jarvind
3925 posts Member
I've been told on several occasions that EP is an excellent counter to Padme if she doesn't have C3P0 present. It seems like it should work well enough - Vader AOE/sabertoss jumpstart, fracture GK, pick apart the rest of the team.

I've tried it a couple times now, though, and I always get destroyed. It seems like no matter what I do, they stack up a million Prot Ups (even before Padme does her debuff conversion special) and I can't chew through them before I lose the war of attrition. This is against a junky G9ish Padme, too, so it's not just me being outgeared.

WAT DO?
u58t4vkrvnrz.png

Replies

• Buff immunity is important.
    c436byn0kkho.png
  • Buff immunity is important.

I pity anyone that doesn't have TFP geared...
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Buff immunity is important.

Pretty sure mine is still at like 4 stars
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Buff immunity is important.

Pretty sure mine is still at like 4 stars

OP is at least at 7 star. Level 50, G7 though. Ouch.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    I missed fleets 1.0, man, I never had any reason to gear him before!
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I missed fleets 1.0, man, I never had any reason to gear him before!

Or an early Rancor solo team when zVader was the way to go.
  • I don't think it is a wise counter.
  • It's worked for me some times, but it's very rng, also I use Bastila Fallen on my team, I use Sith instead of Empire. I use Palps, Vader, Nihilus, Dooku and Bastila. Once they get the protection up tho it's over fast. Like I said about the rng, gotta be lucky for Kenobi to get the most debuffs, to start the turn meter train going. I target Kenobi first cause his taunt is gonna trigger once I use Vaders force choke anyways, but sometimes others get an extra debuff and it messes up the tm train. Bastila is essential for me to keep them on lockdown, but yeah, gotta watch out for the prot up.
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    I use zPalpatine, Vader, TFP, Thrawn and Sion. All g12 except TFP at g11
    As Long as TFP is fast enough to put the buff immunity before they get any protection up it goes smoothly. I Fracture Padme first to not have the cleanse and prot up from her special and end her before the others.
    This team has only failed me once over 6 attempts against Padme. And the failure was against 3 R4 Padme members. Was able to finish on next attack as they had only 2 members left and without Padme leading.
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Traya lead is a better option. My 87kGP traya team can defeat 105k GP padme team in TW and GAC. Just isolate padme and annihilate the rest with nihilus
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    Banmeong wrote: »
    Traya lead is a better option. My 87kGP traya team can defeat 105k GP padme team in TW and GAC. Just isolate padme and annihilate the rest with nihilus

Oh, for sure. The reason I'd like to have EP as a backup option is because sometimes my GA opponents put Padme and Geos both on defense, and I'd prefer to keep BugSpraya to easily squash the Geo team.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Do you have a DR team? As others noted, zEP Sith are also solid.

I go zEP, Vader, Thrawn, Badstilla, ShT.

Zader gets the TM rolling. Fracture Padmé. Shock GK. Kill Padmé, then Anakin. Game over man, game over.

Badstilla is there for insurance, I know it’s overkill and TFP/Tarkin/others could work plenty well, but since I don’t have DR and save Traya/Sion for Geos, that’s where she usually ends up.

I like to save DN for Nest, but if I don’t run into her, then DN takes the place of ShT and it’s SUCH an easy win in that case.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    Do you have a DR team?

Yes, but my general approach to GA is to kill every team with the weakest team I can, while still getting 58+ banners, so that I don't get caught off guard by unpleasant surprises lurking in the back row.

Using DR against Padme works, but it means I won't have him available to take out a surprise JKR or something. So if possible I'll always use Traya or EP to take her down instead.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    Do you have a DR team?

Yes, but my general approach to GA is to kill every team with the weakest team I can, while still getting 58+ banners, so that I don't get caught off guard by unpleasant surprises lurking in the back row.

Using DR against Padme works, but it means I won't have him available to take out a surprise JKR or something. So if possible I'll always use Traya or EP to take her down instead.

I was more curious about how you allocate your Sith. Badstilla is one seriously bad Barbie, so if she wasn’t with DR I’d suggest her in that zEP squad

• My last GAC match I did use CLS with GAT and I win easily. Maybe you should try too
  • I am pretty sure that zz Padme team is immune to rebuffs if or it up is there. If.someone is present that gives port up fast like GMY, I can't see how.an EP team could be possible at all

• I am pretty sure that zz Padme team is immune to rebuffs if or it up is there. If.someone is present that gives port up fast like GMY, I can't see how.an EP team could be possible at all

Slow down on the drinking, bud.
    Because Padme is not immune to debuffs while protection up is not up. So minimize the Padme squad gaining protection up, generate turn meter while it's down, and remove debuffs when you can. Also, avoid any effects that can give locked protection up. This makes Thrawn a liability.

zIPD can remove all enemy debuffs and apply a de facto buff block. TFP gives you another Buff Block, or Deathtrooper can give another mass cleanse to get rid of Protection Up. Vader can ability block GK and/or Padme to prevent their mass cleanse, and Palpatine stun can do the same. Even when cleanses do go off, they feed the Palpatine TM engine.

It's a strange matchup, but Palp has the tools to pull the fight off.
    Still not a he.
  • Dwinkelm wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Do you have a DR team?

I was more curious about how you allocate your Sith. Badstilla is one seriously bad Barbie, so if she wasn’t with DR I’d suggest her in that zEP squad

Yeah, I don't have DR, or Traya yet. I'm half way to unlocking Traya tho! :) I can't wait cause she's actually my fav char is ALL Star Wars lol.

Do I need the zeta on Vader to get the TM train working better?
  • Vader's leadership zeta does not apply under Palpatine lead.

Vader's unique zeta only makes him immune to TM drain.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    I am pretty sure that zz Padme team is immune to rebuffs if or it up is there. If.someone is present that gives port up fast like GMY, I can't see how.an EP team could be possible at all
    Because Padme is not immune to debuffs while protection up is not up. So minimize the Padme squad gaining protection up, generate turn meter while it's down, and remove debuffs when you can. Also, avoid any effects that can give locked protection up. This makes Thrawn a liability.

zIPD can remove all enemy debuffs and apply a de facto buff block. TFP gives you another Buff Block, or Deathtrooper can give another mass cleanse to get rid of Protection Up. Vader can ability block GK and/or Padme to prevent their mass cleanse, and Palpatine stun can do the same. Even when cleanses do go off, they feed the Palpatine TM engine.

It's a strange matchup, but Palp has the tools to pull the fight off.

Makes sense, and totally in line with Empire vs. Rebels. Funny now that I think about it that Hoda nor Yoda is Rebel.