Community Sentiment

If I were a new player to this game and I came to the forums as it is today, I'd be very concerned. Nearly every post is negative.

I've most often defended CG, but I can't even do it anymore. Here are my top 3 reasons.

Kyrotechs: These are purely there to make you use crystals purchasing from shipments. On top of needing 2800 of them for a gear piece, these were sold as a way to help with the gear bottleneck. Hah.

Communication: The tone deafness of some of these community posts are alarming. I'm paraphrasing, but "Our data shows the community is engaging with Relics so they were a good enhancement". No kittens, you either get on board or quit the game. Also, release a garbage update and hide through the weekend is lame too.

Epic Events: Make the requirements whatever you want. That's not the issue. Just don't give me a paper weight for my trouble. Being any less then a 7* is a complete joke.

Overall, CG either cut the cord with this IP or have a little more balance with a fair and enjoyable game for players. You know the ones who provide your paycheck.

Replies

• JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    As long as there are people who say something along the lines of "we need whales and krakens to keep the game running" this is going to be the only treatment we get from CG.

The game needs to make money, agreed, but catering to whales and krakens is not the only way a game can be profitable. It may be the only way it can reach absolute maximum profits which is what investors want, but you know what, this stock market **** is why we can't have nice things in today's world. Enjoy your capitalism America, where the few can have the time of their lives and the many can sit on the backseat and just hope that occasionally someone will feel sorry for them and throw them a bone, this is what humanity has come to
  • Options
    The fact that we will never be able to buy gear from the GET store again is pretty lame too. I have to grind token for the next 3 months for G$, and after that keep grinding for another 70k token for the next toon, cause nobody likes to get screwed twice. ''We are going to make the gear grind easier'' my ***.
  • Options
    You’d think they’d do something... anything to do some damage control... but 6 days later and they threw a small bucket of water on it... and gave us no new content.

They spent this week trying to fix their mistake instead of any new content.. unbelievable.

#ReworkMace #MakeVultureDroidFarmable #ImproveCommunityMorale
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    1. Cheaper packs
    2. Subscription model
    3. Significantly less power creep, more frequent reworks/nerfs/buffs to spice the game up

Or:

1. Farm the whales and krakens

They chose the latter because it requires less work by them and makes a little bit more money but sucks all the fun out. Well, what's fun these days anyways, addiction pays better
  • Options
    OP is right, I don’t think I’ve ever seen such low morale in a gaming community, nothing springs to mind. Games have their flaws but as you said every post is negative, this is a new level of **** of people. Devs are online and not responding. One of the first things you do when diving into a new game is seek out the online community for guides, help etc. This would be quite a depressing forum to visit, and rightly so 😅.
    So many long term guild/shard mates have left in last 3 months or so, it would be interesting to see how many accounts have gone inactive in that period

• Jouh
    64 posts Member
    Options
    I was one of those who defend CG as well. I understand CG need to make profit to keep the game running and feed its employees. But the greed of CG is extraordinary. The lack of foresight and turn this game to extract every ounce of profit is disgusting.

The FAQ and State of the Galaxy are just PR exercise merely to give a pretense that they are engaging with the community. Questions asked and their response is "they re looking at it" and no proposed actions or timeline is given to action on.

SWGOH reddit has now become an obituary where players explained why they quit this game despite investing money and playing it everyday for the last 3 years. Never see a game where its developers alienated its influencers who give free marketing and valuable feedback to the game.
  • Options
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    The fact that we will never be able to buy gear from the GET store again is pretty lame too. I have to grind token for the next 3 months for G$, and after that keep grinding for another 70k token for the next toon, cause nobody likes to get screwed twice. ''We are going to make the gear grind easier'' my ***.

The only way they can make gear grinding easier is to give it a 50% chance. Most of the time I have to use over a 1000 energy points to HOPEFULLY make it to 30/50. And then start the same process the next day.
  • Options
    The idea that worse problems in the world invalidate lesser problems is a form of common logical fallacy. Read more.
  • Options
    Lol at this thread.

Op has some good points, which i agree with but it went a bit sideways from there.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Overall, CG either cut the cord with this IP or have a little more balance with a fair and enjoyable game for players. You know the ones who provide your paycheck.

Lets be realistic here, even if they are in the wrong 100% of the time and every choice they made that has upset (part of) the playerbase was a mistake and continue the way they're going, they'll still get that paycheck because "we" won't stop spending.
    The game has had it's peak, it's almost 4 years old. For me personally the grind is starting wear me down. It's not so much the grind itself, but the reward at the end isn't getting me super hyped anymore. Do i want a fully relic-ed NS team? Sure, but when i'm finally done i'm not super excited about it anymore. To me that's just an indication that i'm getting bored with the game, something that would eventually happen regardless. Even if they cut the grind in half, i still wouldn't get super hyped anymore.
    Having played over 3 and a half year this game has exceeded my expectations by a mile and i'm still having fun playing, mainly with GAC. I can list all my issues with the game and the devs, but while resolving those would increase my player enjoyment, it certainly wouldn't for the entire playerbase. In the end i'll just call it quits when i don't enjoy the game anymore, it's not like the game/devs will ever change. I'l chaulk it up to the nature of the beast that's called the freemium model.
    Save water, drink champagne!