Poggle - over rated or important char ?

SidiousIsPikachu
771 posts Member
edited March 2016
I see lot of poggle in arena, and i personally dont think hes that good.
What do you think ?

Poggle - over rated or important char ? 55 votes

Must have for any team setup in arena
5%
SavageopAnthony10LaLiam 3 votes
Good toon overall / good for droid team
80%
Mephisto_styleLargKelleinThelubricantRogan_Ban84GalgenstrickDarth_MangorosigodPeanutWill_CocishugeNaurosJediMasterGibsCyclopsAnonymousLlamaMegadeth3700EleiemMizake_Mizandarth_mol_elizaDarthCranxPadmeZKlegeny 44 votes
Over rated.
10%
slashy42SidiousIsPikachuBoxandthefuzzfasterthanyousGekiLutz 6 votes
Other:
3%
V1p3rdyn4styPowda 2 votes

Replies

• Options
    Over rated.
    My Opinion:
    I see lot of poggles in arena and stuff, and i really like it personally, cause i know i can fight them and get easy win (Unless 4 crazy toons with him). all he can do is offense up, he doing no dmg (compared to every toon u see in high arena), and i have no problem leaving him for last one. dooku can give OffUp and do more, QGJ can give OffUp.. why allways this weak poggle ? that got me thinking, perhaps too many people think hes something hes not ? or am i just blind to something amazing he do ? or perhaps hes good only for droid teams ?
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    My Opinion:
    I see lot of poggles in arena and stuff, and i really like it personally, cause i know i can fight them and get easy win (Unless 4 crazy toons with him). all he can do is offense up, he doing no dmg (compared to every toon u see in high arena), and i have no problem leaving him for last one. dooku can give OffUp and do more, QGJ can give OffUp.. why allways this weak poggle ? that got me thinking, perhaps too many people think hes something hes not ? or am i just blind to something amazing he do ? or perhaps hes good only for droid teams ?

He was good for a Droid team when Poe was at the same speed as anyone else above 143
  • SidiousIsPikachu
    771 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Over rated.
    xJazzx wrote: »
    My Opinion:

He was good for a Droid team when Poe was at the same speed as anyone else above 143

i didnt feel so actually. and why he depend on Poe ?
    anyway, even a strong team like IG88,Gs,Poe,IG86 and poggle that sometimes finish #1 in my server, are easy fight for my team (all 5 finish alive), since they have.. poggle.. who don't contribute much to them. and i allways leave him for last, he have the most time to contribute.

This just make no sense for me, why am i considering him so weak, while every one else consider him so strong? -.-
  • Kaib
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Versatile toon - not just a droid team character. He can make a counter team difficult.
  • Options
    Over rated.
    Kaib wrote: »
    Versatile toon - not just a droid team character. He can make a counter team difficult.

What you consider a counter team? and why he preferred over other toons ?
    If i got fives and dooku, i'll rather heal them so they do more... so i would like lumi over poggle or perhaps Phasma if FOST is there, for adv and for more atcks everybody. I think Advantage and 50 turn meter will do better job than 1 OffUp.
    and what make him so versatile ? (he do exactly 2 things, 1, imo, is meh, and the second is bad)

Would like you to expand your words
  • Options
    He is good against certain arena teams. I def don't use him on defense, but ill stick him into my offense teams maybe 1-2 out of my 5 daily fights.
  • Kaib
    74 posts Member
    Options
    He gives me problems with Dooku, Kylo, Sid teams of various orientations. That wrecks AOE teams like mine.

Currently, many teams can win on offense and mostly you just need a bench to climb Arena with less trouble. Poggle gives you options by making more characters viable. Also, not many can defend and Dooku led teams with Poggle are reasonable defenders, in my experience.
  • Options
    In addition to offense up, he ability blocks on his base attack. I often use this on the opponent's healer, if they only have one, while my other characters work on killing the biggest threats on the other side.
  • Options
    Over rated.
    GruyloRen wrote: »
    In addition to offense up, he ability blocks on his base attack. I often use this on the opponent's healer, if they only have one, while my other characters work on killing the biggest threats on the other side.

since hes not a fast toon, every1 using their special until he autoatc (unless with phasma).
    and im aware ofc to his ability block, as i said, i keep him for last... but it just dont even tickle me or effect me in any way, this isnt even close to be a game changer or a good move. and the fact that only you can know how to aim it (Like i aiming with lumi on their poe to block their poe from taunt, or things like that) just show that poggle is basically legit only for offensive use, and again bad for AI, and I know because it always hit my Poe that already taunted
    lumi is example of giving more than poggle, and used less than poggle, imo. she can heal for few turns (better than offUp imo) and also ability block, just like him (but higher chance?)

@Jaqen_Hghar and @Kaib , thanks for your opinions :) , tho im afriad i still see him as overrated toon, that even with the right team, i can choose a better one instead of him. xD
  • Options
    He is great for AOE teams too do not forget
  • Options
    He's great with droids because he speed them up. and as leader he grants them 25% attack as well. He can ability block, and he can crit for almost 5k, which isn't that bad.

Every single toon in the game is bad if you consider him as a single. this is a team game, there are synergies and some heroes shine in the right team.

Offence up last for 3 turns, and in terms of dps it's better than phasma.

He's a really good toon, it doesn't matter if you can beat any team with him inside, you probably just have a meta team (qgj. Gs, rg, etc) which is considerably better than any other team out there.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    xJazzx wrote: »
    My Opinion:

i didnt feel so actually. and why he depend on Poe ?
    anyway, even a strong team like IG88,Gs,Poe,IG86 and poggle that sometimes finish #1 in my server, are easy fight for my team (all 5 finish alive), since they have.. poggle.. who don't contribute much to them. and i allways leave him for last, he have the most time to contribute.

This just make no sense for me, why am i considering him so weak, while every one else consider him so strong? -.-

Speed was a different world back then. Poe goes first and reduce turn meter for everyone else then poggle gives offense up to all Droids who will go next.