ACKLAY harder to beat after relics!!!

Prior to give relics to my bugs I was completing all Acklay Missions. Following the introduction of relics and farm all my bugs over 3 relics (5 to brood) I continued to use the same strategy I always had used to complete the mission but that become harder and harder then I couldn't finish the mission anymore 3 losts in a row...
What was the devs intention?
The only thing I can see is a way to spend more money! I spent some to "invest" on bugs and the result was the opposite. What is happening with this game is that a "suicide" strategy? What fun do they see in those game strategies? Always worse...

Replies

• It's unlikely that the mission actually had its difficulty changed in the game's code.

It's more likely that the game's RNG came up bad for you, messing up the timing of previously well-timed actions. It's also possible that when you were winning you had a couple right-side pieces on some of your Bugs, but not all of them. If that was true, then when the other Bugs caught up in right-side pieces (and they would have had to catch up if they're all using relics now) then some of your bugs would have changed their action order since some gained more speed than others. This can also mess up well-timed actions.

I'm not sure what the ultimate source of your frustration is, but I'm doubtful that a hard-coded difficulty change is responsible.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Cg Is OuT tO gEt Us!

No
  • The level of paranoïa in this forum is getting out of hand
  • CG makes a lot of mistakes and does a lot of things that make no sense, including lots of things that are detrimental to the players. Even still, I think it's highly unlikely that they went in and altered the game code for that one battle.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Mitch08 wrote: »
    CG makes a lot of mistakes and does a lot of things that make no sense, including lots of things that are detrimental to the players. Even still, I think it's highly unlikely that they went in and altered the game code for that one battle.

It would be pretty easy to tell if they did - every time they change a thing, something else falls apart...
  • DarthDec wrote: »
    The level of paranoïa in this forum is getting out of hand
    Human brain is dedicated to detect patterns so it's prone to detect an hidden malicious intent where there is only randomness (and Geo TB has a *very* wide range of randomness)
  • Mathematics is not a opinion or paranoia... 100% victory before, 100% defeat after updates
  • Smoten
    10 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Every relic level boosts max health while very few of them boost protection. Acklay does damage based on max health so it will actually hit you harder (when dazed).

Also as you get stronger it it more difficult to keep the Jedi alive and also ability blocked.

The mods that got you the health and protection pool to beat the event initially might actually be less than ideal now.

The event doesn’t come around often enough to experiment with it. I’ve lost the last two times after beating it for the first time right before relics were introduced.

The other thing to consider (and I haven’t watched any videos in this if they exist) is that the Acklay gains 5% TM every time it takes damage. If all your Geos are alive then It will gain 25-35% TM each time you take a turn and a bit of TM every time it attacks Sun Fac or Brute who will counter, and when the Jedi target it.

There has got to be a benefit in modding some characters to be particularly slow and tanky. Probably Sun fac needs to have a Protection arrow and to be modded for max protection. Geo Spy and Soldier have lots of inherent TM gain so they probably don’t need speed arrows. Also if Geo Spy and Soldier are dazed you probably want to get to your cleansers as fast as possible because you won’t be doing enough damage. Therefore need Poggle and Alpha to be fast.

I think I’ll remod with that general theme and see how I go. I’m certainly not an expert so any other thoughts on modding for this mission is welcome.
  • Lockslay wrote: »
    Mathematics is not a opinion or paranoia... 100% victory before, 100% defeat after updates

I don't think that's how statistics work. 🤔
  • Are your geos so strong that they're killing the side jedi rather than just ability blocking them? That'd grant the acklay more offense for every missing Jedi.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Lockslay wrote: »
    Prior to give relics to my bugs I was completing all Acklay Missions. Following the introduction of relics and farm all my bugs over 3 relics (5 to brood) I continued to use the same strategy I always had used to complete the mission but that become harder and harder then I couldn't finish the mission anymore 3 losts in a row...
    What was the devs intention?
    The only thing I can see is a way to spend more money! I spent some to "invest" on bugs and the result was the opposite. What is happening with this game is that a "suicide" strategy? What fun do they see in those game strategies? Always worse...

Disagree.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Alternative theory: you're just not that good.

I don't have my bugs relic'd nearly as high and Poggle is still G12, but I still beat it easily every time.
    Smoten wrote: »
    Also if Geo Spy and Soldier are dazed you probably want to get to your cleansers as fast as possible because you won’t be doing enough damage.

My experience has been that usually only Sun Fac and Brute end up getting dazed, since one of them is nearly always taunting. I tend to hold on to Poggle's cleanse just in case, but it's not usually an issue.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I was messing around, flipping a coin just before the last CG update.

All 3 times I flipped it before the update were tails. Then, after the update? All 3 flips were heads. Obviously the magnetic fields in my phone's graphics unit are oriented in reverse because the code is completely backward from before and I'll never flip tails again unless they upload the old client or I walk 10 feet away from my phone. But who wants to walk away from their phone? CG, this is terrible! Fix this now and give me compensation! What were you thinking?