Asajj Ventriss AI

Prev1
Llewella
400 posts Member
edited March 2016
Asajj has a very potent kit. High life steal, stun, self buffing passive with turn meter gain, debuff, and aoe that resets on kill.

The problem with using her is that the AI does not come close to using her correctly. Her debuff/heal is used way out of context and is her first priority move. She often uses it to heal herself and remove no buff at all, or she uses it to remove a buff of no consequence. With her speed being as low as it is any wasted move is essentially a loss.

Please fix this. Remove the AI instruction that prompts her to cast this at low Heath. She has the highest life steal in the game and should not be using her debuff to self heal. If you can code Daka to not heal until reserect you can code this. Also prioritize debuffing importance. For example: if enemy target is at low health let her aoe have priority over debuff. Or just remove the heal from the debuff and make it an attack much like QGJ. Her life steal makes it redundant.

Please look into this. You fixed her kit but her AI remains heavily flawed.

Edited* aoe
Post edited by Llewella on

Replies

• Yep +1 and all that.

Side note: the devs have never changed the AI for any hero. So I imagine they aren't going to do so.

Why? Because if you want to use Asajj you also have to farm a viable defensive hero. In fact almost all squads aren't viable even slightly on defense, so farming an entirely new squad(s) is how they get more money.

Want an example? I'm currently farming about 8-10 different heroes for a defensive squad.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • They could fix this by making her strike fear heal everyone but her, honestly she doesn't need a self heal, it's pointless. When I use her, if she is below 50% hp I just AOE.

If they did that she would be a good defensive toon
  • @cosmicturtle333
    They changed the AI for Talia. Removing the prompt to heal when she was at low Heath. If it's flawed deeply like it is now they can do it and should for Ventriss.

Asajj (l), dooku, daka, Royal guard, and 5th (assist hero or sidious) is an extremely viable team on offense. I have little trouble picking apart QGJ or dooku teams (dooku, Rey, the bug, RG the most challenging) but her AI makes it vulnerable and a target on defense.
  • This thread may get buried but amongst the weekend clutter but please continue to bring this to CGs attention.

Ahsoka was only fixed because of her popularity and the attention her thread got. Ventriss should not be left in this state.
  • I agree. She is viable to reach #1 but a huge liability on defense.
  • Bump

I run full ns team and would love to see this
    Green_Legend_Ran A storm is coming...
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    +1 to fix.
  • I am for the fix, but this toon is not playing hard to get, we can't be too optimistic. They might actually consider Yoda's meditation fixed in arena rather than Ventriss.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    I would like to see her AI fixed too. I understand that ai doesn't play as well as we do, but she is just plain bad on defense.
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    With the amount of money spent on this game I wish they would focus more on cleaning up what they have expanding.

Edit.. Doing both seems reasonable
  • +1 to fix
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Yeah her AI is annoying. She gets all these buffs and power and decides to use her buff removal for an opposing team Reys one foresight (also losing her buffs at the end of her turn then) - Ventress could have used her AOE skill to hit Rey (also removing foresight) AND kill someone to re-set her cooldowns - so annoying.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Whenever there is actually a higher priority than her and I kill them and she gets a turn with buff, I pepper my angus fully expecting her to unleash her AoE. 90% of the time she dispels and does nothing and I can start breathing again lol and I kill her since she wont have a change next turn. She is actually really well setup for defense in this meta but the AI is **** and uses her 100% wrong.
  • I would love to see the AI fixed for teams on Defense in general since all teams are affected by poor decisions made by the AI when on Defense. We need a more intelligent computer playing for us...
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I would love to see the AI fixed for teams on Defense in general since all teams are affected by poor decisions made by the AI when on Defense. We need a more intelligent computer playing for us...
    I would love to see the AI fixed for teams on Defense in general since all teams are affected by poor decisions made by the AI when on Defense. We need a more intelligent computer playing for us...

All they need to do is fix the order of ability use and several heroes who are totally useless on defense (Yoda especially) would be epic beasts on defense. Imagine if Assaj led with her AoE. In this meta 98% of the time somebody has died by her turn, and most of the time her buffed AoE would kill someone afted her party's first four turns. I mean who do you go for in the first round between her, Rey, FOTP, Daka and IG88?!

• Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Ventriss.

:|
  • I run a Maxed out NS team and I agree her AI is broken.
  • Yeah her AI is annoying. She gets all these buffs and power and decides to use her buff removal for an opposing team Reys one foresight (also losing her buffs at the end of her turn then) - Ventress could have used her AOE skill to hit Rey (also removing foresight) AND kill someone to re-set her cooldowns - so annoying.

I couldn't agree more. The inconsequential buff removal and self healing having first priority is what is concerning. It cripples her.
  • Llewella wrote: »
    @cosmicturtle333
    They changed the AI for Talia. Removing the prompt to heal when she was at low Heath. If it's flawed deeply like it is now they can do it and should for Ventriss.

Asajj (l), dooku, daka, Royal guard, and 5th (assist hero or sidious) is an extremely viable team on offense. I have little trouble picking apart QGJ or dooku teams (dooku, Rey, the bug, RG the most challenging) but her AI makes it vulnerable and a target on defense.

I've just built this stun team. Looked fun on paper :) UrggR'R'R for 5th?

It's not rocket surgery.
  • It's good and tears up QGJ teams but it struggles with dooku lead, high damage Royal guard teams. If they dodge your stuns you can get in trouble.

For fitth honestly a high damage assist person probably best.
  • Even with her AI flaw though, I am hoping this "fortitude" and "slower characters getting more attack/faster characters getting lowered attack" will bring her back into contention. Could be a brand new era in game mechanics.
    She is great with her variety of skills, it must be tough to have her decide on her multitude of moves via AI.
    Most toons only get 2 usable skills, and sometimes they are just attacks like GS or Sid. Probably 10000x easier to AI for those types of toons versus the multifunctional Ventress. Sometimes you DO want her to remove one little bothersome buff instead of do a move(like a taunt) but she always does it to one person having fortitude. Arg.
  • They could remove the ability altogether, or maybe something similar to teebo's stealth special which gives him enough TM so he can immediately go again.
  • They could remove the ability altogether, or maybe something similar to teebo's stealth special which gives him enough TM so he can immediately go again.

I could see that working for her, could even remove the auto 60% heal and add grant turn meter. Would round out her kit and fix the AI at same time.
  • +1

Long live the Nightsisters!
  • +1 to the fix and OP's thread!

Ventress user here suffering a huge drop in ranks when I leave her on defense in the arena. She is slow so she can get buffed up and then launch her killer aoe, it's awesome since she get's healed up with it. BUT, on defense it sucks, if she luckily survives the first round of fire, completely wastes her first turn by using her debuff special just because someome has the casual "evasion up" or sth like that. As soon as she dies the fight is over. I've even seen Daka rez her only to use the debuff after that instead of striking.

It's sad to see the nice kit that she has get wasted by stupid AI. Enemies take advantage of that.

Please fix her and make her competitive on defense!
  • Yes. This is about as serious as a bug can be. Its basically a special skill that removes her advantage and wastes a turn. Now that is special indeed. Im sick of dropping to almost 400 totally removing my chance of top 100. At least give us the ability to replace her at the end without having to refresh.
  • Possibly the worst use of AI ingame. I am delighted whenever I see her because I know she is just a wasted slot.
  • I used to argue for them to fix her ai.. But as I get more experience I realize the ai is horrible for everyone.

My moment of glory...I slayed the whale I been chasing for 2 months ended like this.

My assajj vs whales leaia are the last 2 left both with a sliver of health...next hit wins..enemy leaias turn though so I am gonna lose like I always do to this guy right?? Nope leaia goes stealth as last person alive when 1 single hit would have won...yay I won??
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I used to argue for them to fix her ai.. But as I get more experience I realize the ai is horrible for everyone.

My moment of glory...I slayed the whale I been chasing for 2 months ended like this.

My assajj vs whales leaia are the last 2 left both with a sliver of health...next hit wins..enemy leaias turn though so I am gonna lose like I always do to this guy right?? Nope leaia goes stealth as last person alive when 1 single hit would have won...yay I won??

I thought you were going to say that instead of either toon landing a killing blow, you each dodged each other's hits until time ran out.
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    +1 to this