Fleet Arena - 100,000 + crew power and still lose to identical fleets

Been grinding this game for a while and I truly love it. One thing I don’t understand ( not complaining ) is that when I’m in fleet arena I have 100,000 more power than my opponent ( who has all the same ships as me but less power ) and I’ll get smoked using the same exact concepts I use every battle. Usually I win but there is always a few times that make it look like my ships are tissue paper lol. I must be missing something ? All my ships are usually + 10,000 to 15,000 power advantage. I’m just trying to find some guidance because I have a powerful team but I might be overlooking something. I’m always top 3 so I’m not upset or anything just looking for some skilled vets to give me some pointers. I’m very happy with the rewards for grinding too! My total power is 481,000 and usually my opponents is 375,000 to 400,000

Thanks if anyone reads this and gives me some insight !

Replies

• Depends on the fleet, even if you mirror it. What ships do you use?
  • This is the lineup I use -

Home One - 46k
    Falcon - 80k
    Hounds Tooth - 71k
    Ghost - 66k
    Biggs X Wing - 59k
    Phantom II - 48k
    Xanadu Blood - 51k
  • And Unmasked Kylo Tie Fighter - 60k
  • I know this is total “Boring” Ship Meta but I grinded Only bounty hunters for a while and just so happen to fall into Han’s Falcon... which is a crazy azz ship lol! I’m just more curious in how the game works really - like is it because with the Home One / Rebels it’s more key to get lucky with attacking out of turn ? Or is it having the players Modded with specific stat boosting. I literally do the same attacks every time I play. One game I destroy the #2 guy within a couple rounds. Wait 8 mins go in ... do the exact same thing and I get destroyed by the same team... same team as him but mine is 80k-100k more in total power. Must be having a 10-17k difference in power ain’t that much in terms of ship vs ship power
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    And the specific mod stats have zero effect on the ship stats. It's purely the dots, the level, and the color/tier. Matching sets don't even matter.

I see no Cassian U-wing in your lineup. It breaks most battles wide open for me. Check to make sure no-one on your fleet has Breech, then call it in. Target Falcon with call-to-assist special, target your own Falcon. Their falcon is dead 95% of the time. Battle is over after that.

If I am Breeched on my first chance to reinforce I just call in Phantom. Then Cassian next time when breech is gone.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Are you sure, it's identical ships (mirror teams)? Aren't there any U-wing on some of the teams?

Applying breach makes a difference. It is somewhat random, and f.ex. HT has higher tenacity when not taunting.

Power is not a measure of how much better your fleet is.
  • For the longest time I ran a 4 ship arena fleet
    Home One;; hmf, HT, Biggs ;; Bistan uwing
    In fact, as long as Biggs was Frontline, I could reinforce any of the others and still have high chance to win. Total power was well under 300k total power and I breezed to rank 1 every night.
    Wasn't unstoppable on defense by design; I don't need to be rank 1 all day, just when my rewards are dispersed.
  • BountyUp wrote: »
    This is the lineup I use -

Home One - 46k
    Falcon - 80k
    Hounds Tooth - 71k
    Ghost - 66k
    Biggs X Wing - 59k
    Phantom II - 48k
    Xanadu Blood - 51k
    BountyUp wrote: »
    And Unmasked Kylo Tie Fighter - 60k
    XB is doing nothing for you there.
    Slicer is doing nothing for you there.
    You effectively have a 370k fleet with 111k of bloat.