Was Negotiator nerf'ed?

Hadn't been able to beat Negotiator withT7 relics on GK, Anakin, & Snips until just now. And all of a sudden it's a breeze to get thru with HO/ Rebels. Did they scale something back?

Replies

• Strange sum good AI + rng or sumthing then
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    #HumbleBrag
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Unfortunately, no.
  • Hadn't been able to beat Negotiator withT7 relics on GK, Anakin, & Snips until just now. And all of a sudden it's a breeze to get thru with HO/ Rebels. Did they scale something back?

H1 versus 5* Negotiator is very RNG-dependent. When it all works out, it works beautifully and quickly. No surprise really since the assists have always been a matter of RNG.
  • Hadn't been able to beat Negotiator withT7 relics on GK, Anakin, & Snips until just now. And all of a sudden it's a breeze to get thru with HO/ Rebels. Did they scale something back?

H1 versus 5* Negotiator is very RNG-dependent. When it all works out, it works beautifully and quickly. No surprise really since the assists have always been a matter of RNG.

It seems like something more when after a month of not getting beyond same ships it's all of a sudden a breeze when all prior times got annihilated. Wasn't a small sample size & I haven't upgraded Rebel fleet or crew.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    #HumbleBrag

Three wins out of probably fifty attempts isn't much to brag about. Just curious what if anything had changed.
  • You’re beating a 5* ship, once it hits 6* and negotiator is faster than ackbar you have no hope.

Certainly wasn’t nerfed it’s just easily beatable at 5*
  • The t7 relics on Capitol ship make it pretty OP but I'm not very far behind shardmates. I'll be Uber stoked if everyone throws relics on GR crew & the bugs end up being meta. But that's a bummer as well for everyone is gearing the heck otta their bugs. Wait & see I suppose. Baffling that peeps r still throwing relics on AA, but to each their own.
  • icanectc wrote: »
    Nope

Unyielding loyalty was nerfed so I was correct
  • Paulos999 wrote: »
    You’re beating a 5* ship, once it hits 6* and negotiator is faster than ackbar you have no hope.

You stand corrected
  • TVF
    36589 posts Member
    What was the nerf?

And where was it noted?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    What was the nerf?

And where was it noted?

There was some fix. UL wouldn't ever go away if the ship recieving it had 1 hp, now it just triggers the heal multiple times in one turn to prevent staying at 1 hp (at least from what I've seen). Wouldn't be the first time people confused a fix with a nerf...
  • Nauros wrote: »
    What was the nerf?

And where was it noted?

There was some fix. UL wouldn't ever go away if the ship recieving it had 1 hp, now it just triggers the heal multiple times in one turn to prevent staying at 1 hp (at least from what I've seen). Wouldn't be the first time people confused a fix with a nerf...

Is it fixed now? A couple days ago I killed Anakin twice during the falcon’s assist chain (first kill should pop UL and second actually kill him), but UL just kept coming back until the end of turn. Even after the second kill he had UL, but it disappeared after the turn was over.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    What was the nerf?

And where was it noted?

Is it fixed now? A couple days ago I killed Anakin twice during the falcon’s assist chain (first kill should pop UL and second actually kill him), but UL just kept coming back until the end of turn. Even after the second kill he had UL, but it disappeared after the turn was over.

That’s how it’s supposed to work. Can’t be defeated during the first enemy attack (including assists) that would otherwise defeat this ship. Problem before is it wasn’t going away after the turn was over. Ship would stay at 1 HP and UL wouldn’t go away until it expired after X turns.
  • Thanks, I couldn't find the thread.
  • I think it was noted in one of the updates as a bug fix.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    What was the nerf?

And where was it noted?

That’s how it’s supposed to work. Can’t be defeated during the first enemy attack (including assists) that would otherwise defeat this ship. Problem before is it wasn’t going away after the turn was over. Ship would stay at 1 HP and UL wouldn’t go away until it expired after X turns.

The problem was only when it got reapplied to 1hp Anakin. It checked only for being reduced to 1hp, not staying there, so Anakin was immortal until it expired or he got healed.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    What was the nerf?

And where was it noted?

Happened to me once a few days ago where UL wasn’t going away. Can’t remember why but I’m guessing if JK does his AOE and inflicts healing and buff immunity then the fix doesn’t proc and prevents UL from going away
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »
    What was the nerf?

And where was it noted?

I think you and I are interpreting this ability differently. I see it operating like JKR’s savior. The first time Anakin would die, UL procs to save him. What I was seeing is that it would proc twice in 1 turn.

Savior operates like its text. If I use a mass assist against a Jedi, I can essentially kill them twice in 1 turn and they stay dead. With UL (at least on Anakin), it would keep renewing in 1 turn until the turn was over. I killed anakin’s ship once (UL went off), followed by assist from falcon, followed by another assist which should have killed Anakin a second time (and kept him dead).

What was the nerf?

And where was it noted?

I think you and I are interpreting this ability differently. I see it operating like JKR’s savior. The first time Anakin would die, UL procs to save him. What I was seeing is that it would proc twice in 1 turn.

Savior operates like its text. If I use a mass assist against a Jedi, I can essentially kill them twice in 1 turn and they stay dead. With UL (at least on Anakin), it would keep renewing in 1 turn until the turn was over. I killed anakin’s ship once (UL went off), followed by assist from falcon, followed by another assist which should have killed Anakin a second time (and kept him dead).

Um, if a jedi triggers saviour, that jedi can’t die until the end of that turn. You can’t kill a jedi twice with one mass assist

You’re beating a 5* ship, once it hits 6* and negotiator is faster than ackbar you have no hope.

You stand corrected

I certainly don’t... it wasn’t nerfed.
    What was the nerf?

And where was it noted?

Um, if a jedi triggers saviour, that jedi can’t die until the end of that turn. You can’t kill a jedi twice with one mass assist

Lol ok not the best comparison. I forgot that part, but the point still stands: UL does not read like it keeps reviving until the end of the turn.
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    What was the nerf?

And where was it noted?

Guess which one of you is reading the ability correctly? (Particularly in light of your experience of killing ETA-2 "twice" during a single turn).
  • So... not a nerf it was a bug fix and it never worked properly to begin with?
    What was the nerf?

And where was it noted?

Read the ability. It’s just like Savior.

Never lose hope. :) 6* is harder but still beatable with HMF.