Can’t Beat Malak

I follow all the guides to the T.

Then as soon as I get Malak in the yellow, he immediately drains life on either Mission or Zaalbar, one shots them, and heals back to almost full.

Game over from there.

Replies

  • I follow the guides also, but somehow he ends up getting his rage meter to 20-25 before I can get 2 shreds on him. I have been re-modding Mission for high offense, and Z for high speed. However, Malak is still getting two extra attacks per turn, and I can't keep up with the rage meter. On my third try, I had him at 2 shreds, but I was able to knock out the Left side tubes, and the droids. However, he then somehow went into an enrage and it was all over.
  • gura
    20 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    @Urias_Fenris
    Had the same at first try. It means your offense is not strong enough. So I remodded JKR and Bastilla for offense and did it easily in second try. Did it with T3 (no Mission)
  • I have the same issue as original poster. I have 5 stacks of shred on malak and he is only one standing, then he one shots Z and is unkillable. Does not matter how much prot or health Z has.

    The Dark Path I did in one try. I have tried light path many times.

  • Its to hard for me also... Why this event was made so difficult, its looks like i must make all chars g13 to beat him lol lmao rolfl SAD
  • Without knowing your gear levels, it sounds like mods are the issue. You need Z and Jolee to be fast, but everyone else should be loaded up with Offense mods.. primary %, secondary.. whatever you can get your hands on. If you're getting 5 shreds on him and still losing, it's really just coming down to a dps problem.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Gonna agree here, I did it with min gear requirements but my arena mods and making mission and Zbar super fast and it was no issue. I replayed it for fun last Go around and without changing mods(meaning not my arena mods but low level ones) and way higher gear levels all around, I didn’t even come close to beating it.
  • You wanna slow play it. Focus on taking out the droids over and again to keep the rage meter down and give time for Z to land 4+ shreds.

    And while it feels counter intuitive you want Malak to absorb some of the pods like crit immunity and tenacity. That way you don't pick up so much fear.
  • Am I missing something?

    You’re supposed to be lowering Malak’s enrage counter when you destroy the droids and tanks and it’ll drop by 3. But when I do, it’s technically 2. He looses 3 but gains 1 right back without even taking a turn, thus I can’t keep up with them and leads to wiping out my team each time.
  • I am the OP. Took me 3-4 hours worth of attempts but I eventually got it. Total RNG fest. I believe the strategy I ended up going with was to put 1 stack of armor shred on each droid and then I tried to get as many as possible on Malak. Slow play it so you can get more stacks on Malak. Just because a special/unique is ready to use doesn’t mean you should use it. I think I had 5-6 stacks on Malak when I finally defeated him. Always feed TM to Zaalbar. Mod Zaalbar for speed, Jolee HP, JKR/Mission/Bastilla for offense.
  • All of my team are g12+ and speed 230+, reven is 264 and bastilla is 274. One attempt i had 6 shreds on malek and malek was only one standing, he one shot Z even tho he had prot+ up, then one shot mission...then i did not have enough dps to withstand his constant healing. He absorbed one jedi.

    At the start its very diffucult to keep him above 50%, then at the end its nothing but healing...
  • RNG brother. I probably had him in the red on 5 runs before I finally got him to get on his knees.
  • Dm1996
    25 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    i got him down to no jedi, droid shreded but he killed z before i could start to shred him, he was at 22 dark, no enrage so no malek for me. guess i will try to get them to g13 and relics, then maybe i can win. or just rely on dark side shards i guess when the event comes around. really makes arena harder without him.
  • Dm1996 wrote: »
    i got him down to no jedi, droid shreded but he killed z before i could start to shred him, he was at 22 dark, no enrage so no malek for me. guess i will try to get them to g13 and relics, then maybe i can win. or just rely on dark side shards i guess when the event comes around. really makes arena harder without him.

    You can only get the shards once, so LS is required to unlock him. Start shredding him from the beginning.. if you have enough offense on Mission, Revan and Bastilla you can take the droids out rather quickly. You also don't really need to take out all the Jedi.. the 2 on the left are must kills, though. Letting him have the debuff immunity will actually help as it will reduce the amount of fears you receive.

    Make Z fast, call him for assists with Jolee and Bastilla. Bounce the Revan assist to Bastilla and back when targeting the droids for ability blocks. When you have 5+ shreds, it's just a dps race.. so pack as much offense on your mod loadouts as you can.
  • Dethjin
    72 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Don't shred the bots, only shred Malak. Get the first drain triggered, lower the Crit immunity jedi's hp so that he drains that one. Then kill the rest jedis, kill bots but only after you get stack of shred in. You want to have 2 bots up when Zaalbar has shred ready. Avoid Malak completely untill 5 shred stacks. Then kill Malak.

    Crit immunity is they key for Malak encounter. Give him the buff so you cannot get feared (you cannot crit Malak), then you can aoe as much you want (obviously not too much so that Malak doesn't get to drainlife any of the other Jedi's).
  • The light side battle is so screwed up it amazing.
  • The light side battle is so screwed up it amazing.

    It is really simple.
  • Dethjin wrote: »
    Don't shred the bots, only shred Malak. Get the first drain triggered, lower the Crit immunity jedi's hp so that he drains that one. Then kill the rest jedis, kill bots but only after you get stack of shred in. You want to have 2 bots up when Zaalbar has shred ready. Avoid Malak completely untill 5 shred stacks. Then kill Malak.

    Crit immunity is they key for Malak encounter. Give him the buff so you cannot get feared (you cannot crit Malak), then you can aoe as much you want (obviously not too much so that Malak doesn't get to drainlife any of the other Jedi's).

    I found that one stack on each droid actually made it easier to drop them, but it really depends on how much offense you're packing. Offense wins the day here. But yes, it's a difficult event and there is either excessive gear or RNG involved with making it easy.
  • i will just have to rely on the dark side shards and get malek in a couple years after he is nerfed im sure.

    if that is what was meant to be the "simple" way
    ...

    im free to play and just here for the entertainment of the whales anyway..
  • Dethjin wrote: »
    Don't shred the bots, only shred Malak. Get the first drain triggered, lower the Crit immunity jedi's hp so that he drains that one. Then kill the rest jedis, kill bots but only after you get stack of shred in. You want to have 2 bots up when Zaalbar has shred ready. Avoid Malak completely untill 5 shred stacks. Then kill Malak.

    Crit immunity is they key for Malak encounter. Give him the buff so you cannot get feared (you cannot crit Malak), then you can aoe as much you want (obviously not too much so that Malak doesn't get to drainlife any of the other Jedi's).

    Are you suggesting they give malak crit immunity before the shreds? If so that's terrible advice since zalbar has to crit in order to place an armor shred.
  • Gifafi
    5439 posts Member
    Dm1996 wrote: »
    i will just have to rely on the dark side shards and get malek in a couple years after he is nerfed im sure.

    if that is what was meant to be the "simple" way
    ...

    im free to play and just here for the entertainment of the whales anyway..

    You don’t get double shards for doing dark again.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Dm1996 wrote: »
    i will just have to rely on the dark side shards and get malek in a couple years after he is nerfed im sure.

    if that is what was meant to be the "simple" way
    ...

    im free to play and just here for the entertainment of the whales anyway..

    You don’t get double shards for doing dark again.

    well crap, i didnt know that. i guess i will work on my team after i fail getting gen anikin the next event....
  • Gifafi
    5439 posts Member
    Dm1996 wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Dm1996 wrote: »
    i will just have to rely on the dark side shards and get malek in a couple years after he is nerfed im sure.

    if that is what was meant to be the "simple" way
    ...

    im free to play and just here for the entertainment of the whales anyway..

    You don’t get double shards for doing dark again.

    well crap, i didnt know that. i guess i will work on my team after i fail getting gen anikin the next event....

    if you thought malak was hard, wait til you try GAS lol. the issue with malak is probably your mods, but hard to tell. if you post your swgoh.gg people may be able to help
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
Sign In or Register to comment.