Star Forge Showdown Continued Issues [MEGA]

Replies

• Machinist
    192 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    X3ina wrote: »
    Easy fix
    Just tie 180 shards to his achievement, and return the people their GET.
    And stop making "epic confrontation" characters with 5* unlock
    Problem solved

P.s.: looking forward to G$s second event

That garbage 5* unlock annoys the hell outta me. The charcater is useless for months.
  • Guys, Seriously. Just unlock Malak for all of us that qualify for the event. Many have spent good $$$ and time gearing up for this and you keep stuffing us about.
    Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    DEV POST
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Hi folks,

I have some unfortunate news, there are a particular set of circumstances where it's possible to get additional Malak shards in this event that we did not catch. We are pulling down the event once again and monitoring the impact. I'll update this thread as soon as I have more information.

DEV POST

Yup, couple $100 here.
  • Just wait, they’ll “fix” it by next Thursday. LOL
  • dirkdirk wrote: »
    So close to quitting after being here since the beginning.
    Totally agree, been playing this for years now and just about had enough.
    Guild community and some Youtubers kept me interested enough not to dump it.
    Second time now trying to get Malak, spending months gearing characters I don't really want, to get an old meta one at 5* that I 'need' to stay reasonably competitive with the shocking GA matchups I'm getting.....waste another evening and get a client restart and gone again.
    I guess you have trainees/kids doing the programming now.
    "Apologies for the inconvenience" and another 500 crystals to "Help me along" ?

Ashamed to say I think you have helped me to release what a fool I've been.
  • Will you please fix this now...and reward players accordingly for the long hours of playing and weeks of farming... :s
  • This is why we can’t anything nice l, like
    Carbonite Han.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    477uwzsacb6q.jpeg
    zsr4lq9a1oju.jpeg
  • turning into a complete joke!
  • Are they using commodore 64’s to fix the code?
  • Look CG, you don't need to make excuses for wanting to give us free crystals... you can just say "we're giving out 500 free crystals today to everyone... because that's how much we care." It's OK to admit that you care about us. Now that that's out of the way, can you hurry up and send me my next shipment of 500 crystals? The last batch didn't last but 10 seconds.
  • Wait....maybe a Tandy 5000.
  • This time, can we at least recognize that there are players that just didn’t get to play the event who would have unlocked him? I am still waiting to get a shot at this. The last reconciliation plan completely skipped over people who were trying to unlock. We got 500 crystals which is the same as someone who never even farmed the right characters yet. What about the time wasted attempting the event only to have it yanked for at least an additional weeks wait, now to have it happen all over again. It’s getting ridiculous not even being able to play the content that does exist
  • For those already with Malak, this is a minor annoyance. For those of us who worked 6 months to farm the requirements to get Malak, and now (twice) we've had the chance to get him yanked away from us like some cruel joke...this is incredibly demoralizing.
  • This goes very well with a Dev in CG calling this a silly bug that should of been caught. Now we have the Silly Bug that Strikes Back?

• 4ys0u47wgrab.gif
    Bravo CG
  • Karma...

Malak should have been 7* unlock from the start. Instead you shove him and GSky in the Guild Event store to put a stranglehold on gear progression so people are tempted to just buy gear instead of earning gear.

I’m glad you’re tripping up because of it. I hope the next time you go to buy a car, after you paid for it the dealership take the tires off and tells you to either pay more money or wait 4-5months.
  • This is getting ridiculous, also what's the point of pulling shards from the store? I was going to 7* malak (again) after TB. So when can we expect it to come back this time? 2 weeks? A month?
  • DS2K_DAVE
    39 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    getting close to finish work time is usa so no malak event this weekend i reckon, CG dont do weekends!
  • didn't you guys say a while back in a Q&A you wouldn't be adding any more toons to farm from GET store. that you wanted the store to be used for gear? then boom malak shows up 5* unlock. (which is absolutely uncalled for with the requirements to unlock him). then boom you add him as a GET store farm....... little later boom GKs capital ship. boom GS. just make malak and GS a 7* unlock like CLS, JTR, JKR and DR. and keep the requirements the same. problem fixed and the quality of life for the game would go up! GS and malak should of never been 5* unlocks in the first place....
  • Hey CG don't be silent, come out and speak. Or are you going out for the weekend and just address this on Monday?
  • Machinist
    192 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Myer_Lyro wrote: »
    Will you please fix this now...and reward players accordingly for the long hours of playing and weeks of farming... :s

Weeks??? It took me months to gear up the old republic teams for the starforge showdown, and even then I didnt have a team strong enough so I had to continue gearing up for the 2nd release, and I barely made it.

3rd release. I dont read forums regularly so I wasnt up to date. But I thought that the devs had softened and realized how agonizing the GET1 collection can be. I honestly thought that they gave us 150 free shards. Yet it all turned out that they havent checked the encoding before sloppily releasing the event again.
  • Another thing: some of these players cannot get malak cuz they dont have the revans. How about this- release revan events again before releasing malak.
  • Not sure why I bother at this point. Spent 4K crystals and a zeta then you pulled the event. Then you say it’s fixed and let me have a chance. But then you pull the event again. Sounds like you don’t want me to play the game anymore. How many months did I farm for this event and you can’t let me play. What a waste of time on this game.
  • Every other event either locks after completion or gives a few shards upon beating it again.

Why does this event have to be different?
  • Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
  • wait wait wait wait WAITAMINNIT hold on
    I didn't get a chance to do it and collect more free stuff so I could qualify for even more free stuff. Aw man this blows.
This discussion has been closed.